Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

He is a Kildare boy.

He might have English grannies thought.

we need to find a way to get rid of that granny rule :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Vvd should really be Liverpool captain. Real leader there.

I'd say he will be next season. Captain and leader, both by demanor and perfermance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well considering Pool fans thought Burnley would be tricky etc the odds weren't in their favour then. It's a feeling, based mostly on Vardy and Rodgers effect.

Also, the whole thing of Rafa will roll over can be deemed laughable. Excellent performance by Newcastle.

Rafa is a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It it had of went wide from the hand ball it would have been a pen and red card, as the ball fell to Newcastle who scored then then it did not deny a goal scoring chance, therefore it should have been a yellow card

I don't know how more people aren't understanding this.

Actually, maybe I do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't know how more people aren't understanding this.

Actually, maybe I do...

It's very reasonable that posters might not understand the rule. I can't recall any similar incidents off top of my head. I had to personally look it up for clarity.
    It should have been a yellow apparently though. But again that's at refs discretion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And to look back at all the moaning about Barcelona lads diving the other night.;)

Fans in 'moaning when players dive against my team but caring less when my own players do it' shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Never mind Liverpool's win but it's clear the standard of officials in Premier League isn't that good. How is that a foul / a free kick

https://twitter.com/jardrico/status/1124781830539026432?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Love the thought process.

"right lads, we're fixing this so Liverpool win"

"will we give a dodgy peno or something"?

"nah, give them a free kick out near the wing, they'll definitely score that in off a Newcastle defender, sorted"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

5star02707 wrote: »
    Never mind Liverpool's win but it's clear the standard of officials in Premier League isn't that good. How is that a foul / a free kick

https://twitter.com/jardrico/status/1124781830539026432?s=19

Fitting it was Richie after his "tackles" throughout the game

• Advertisement

"nah, give them a free kick out near the wing, they'll definitely score that in off a Newcastle defender, sorted"

You can't deny the incompetency of the decision though.

The only reason I can think his mentality was is that he was playing some short of advantage from what he seen as a foul (the grappling etc) just before the dive and then belatedly gave it in a rush of blood. There is no way he thought that particular moment was anything but a dive. I just don't think he could be that stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Leicester are 18 / 1 to win

Well considering Pool fans thought Burnley would be tricky etc the odds weren't in their favour then. It's a feeling, based mostly on Vardy and Rodgers effect.

Also, the whole thing of Rafa will roll over can be deemed laughable. Excellent performance by Newcastle.

Jeez you really do hate “Pool” fans don’t you.
    Burnley is and was a tricky game which both Liverpool and Man City got through (unlike some teams)

I have not seen or heard on person saying rafa’s team would roll over, in fact most of the “Pool” fans had singled this game out weeks ago as the potential banana skin.

City of course still massive favorites but who knows and it feels good to know that the team I support still have a chance of winning the title on the last match day. It’s been a while for Liverpool to be in this position and a while since other teams have been

:pac:

It's tinfoil hat level 10 stuff tbf.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fans in 'moaning when players dive against my team but caring less when my own players do it' shocker.

It was never done until last night don't you know ;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Leicester are 18 / 1 to win

We don't need Leicester to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jeez you really do hate “Pool” fans don’t you.
    Burnley is and was a tricky game which both Liverpool and Man City got through (unlike some teams)

I have not seen or heard on person saying rafa’s team would roll over, in fact most of the “Pool” fans had singled this game out weeks ago as the potential banana skin.

City of course still massive favorites but who knows and it feels good to know that the team I support still have a chance of winning the title on the last match day. It’s been a while for Liverpool to be in this position and a while since other teams have been

At what part of my post even indicates that I hate Pool fans?

I merely stated a point to Lloyd that just because the odds indicate something doesn't mean the feeling is similar and used Burnley as an example.

You haven't seen or heard anyone saying Rafa would roll over? Really because it was suggested a few times on here that he would. If those people were looking for a reaction or not I don't know, but that was in reference to them.

But look if you wanna be upset for absolutely no reason and cry wolf that I hate pool fans go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So if leicester played city away 18 times in a row they'd only win one according to the bookies

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So if leicester played city away 18 times in a row they'd only win one according to the bookies

No. If Leicester played City away 18 times in a row in this situation according to the bookies. But that's a simplistic way of looking at odds. There's a lot more factors also

Is that how you comprehend bookies odds.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I still can't believe Spurs are sitting in 3rd having lost 13 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Oh dear ,please tell me you dont gamble:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then which side will foolishly drop points today?

Arsenal v Brighton
    Huddersfield v Man Utd
    Chelsea v Watford

Chelsea on the face of it but Watford will surely have an eye on the FA Cup as they cannot finish in a potential EL spot in the league.

Think United will concede and make it a sweaty game but surely they've enough firepower to win.

Brighton will be very relaxed and may play more comfortable which could cause Arsenal problems or they just won't care.

Chelsea I think win with Watford eyeing up the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RasTa wrote: »
    I still can't believe Spurs are sitting in 3rd having lost 13 times.

It always comes back to draws. Or more importantly, lack of them. Look at city, lost 4 times as many games a s liverpool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It always comes back to draws. Or more importantly, lack of them. Look at city, lost 4 times as many games a s liverpool .

The difference between Liverpool and City is City got 4 points from Liverpool.

Liverpool have been slightly better than City against the other 18 teams (assuming they both win all their remaining games) but those extra points were wiped out when City beat Liverpool in the Eithad.

I think it's time for 1 point for a defeat having scored 2 for a draw and 3 for a win :D Liverpool to win the league at a canter.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Spurs should be top then using that logic.

Thompson has come out and said Robertson is up there with the likes of Cafu Carlos Marcelo Alves in terms of final ball energy and decision making.

Personally think he has a long way to go to be considered close to them but he's on the right track for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How many assists has Cafu Carlos Marcelo Alves got this season?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    How many assists has Cafu Carlos Marcelo Alves got this season?

Valid point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Chelsea not on tv? Prefer watching them over united.

• Advertisement

I think it's time for 1 point for a defeat having scored 2 for a draw and 3 for a win :D Liverpool to win the league at a canter.

Pool always great in the alternative tables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    Pool always great in the alternative tables

There was a few of them posted in the United thread when Ole was on a great run to show he was doing better than Pep and Klopp. Dried up around the time the results took a nose dive though.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There was a few of them posted in the United thread when Ole was on a great run to show he was doing better than Pep and Klopp. Dried up around the time the results took a nose dive though.

I'm sure there was .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The bookies reckon they've about a 5% chance of winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Luckily a draw will do. And the bookies aren't playing.

TitianGerm wrote: »

I don't partake in those fan threads, cess pits of bickering most of the time or "invasions" by opposing fans which inevitably causes more bickering but I don't believe for a minute that posters would be saying that sort of thing. At least not in a way that you could generalise or even minutely generalise that as being anywhere near the mindset of even the most casual of fans.

De Gea, Young, Shaw, Jones, Lindelof, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Sanchez, Mata, Rashford.

What's the definition of madness again?

De Gea, Young, Shaw, Jones, Lindelof, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Sanchez, Mata, Rashford.

What's the definition of madness again?

What team would you stick out as a matter of interest?

Romero for a start.

• Advertisement

Romero for a start.

Well he is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Players on the bench seething that Sanchez starting ahead of them I'd say

Dalot? Herrera? See the squad is quite injured at the moment which is odd given the lack of effort they've been putting in all season.

Romero for a start.

An injured goalie............... (cue HILARIOUS joke how an injured goalie is better than De Gea)

Wasn't aware he was injured, since when?

Who's the alternative back up?

Lou Grant.

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    Players on the bench seething that Sanchez starting ahead of them I'd say

Sanchez has got f all starting time to be fair. A handful of games all season.

Is Herrera definitely leaving at the end of the season?

Sanchez has got f all starting time to be fair. A handful of games all season.

Yeah exactly, so think about how poor his attitude must be, considering his talent...

Lou Grant.

Granted he's probably better than DDG right now so :pac:

Lou Grant.

No such person.

And so playing a 37 year old keeper who hasn't played all season over De Gea is suddenly the solution........................

• Advertisement
Advertisement