Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shaw is poor.

Neville is fuming on commentary.

Maybe Man Utd fans will concentrate now their own club now rather than Liverpool's challenge.

Last word being the most important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Read back a few posts

Nope. You still haven’t quoted even 1 game where Alisson has cost Liverpool points. Not 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea 3 up but it doesn't reflect how the game has went.

Watford were very good the first half. Chelsea got 2 quick 2nd half goals and have been in control since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

God almighty. How did Spurs go from being title challengers a few weeks ago to being in serious danger of finishing 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/RedDevilBible/status/1124696997569675264

So much for the great attacking ethos from United. Imagine watching this wretched last few months and still thinking OGS is the right man to steer United through this crucial period of history. I despair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Chong has some head of hair on him.

eigrod wrote: »
    Nope. You still haven’t quoted even 1 game where Alisson has cost Liverpool points. Not 1.

Never said he did. Said per a vid I watched, which, if you Google you can find

God almighty. How did Spurs go from being title challengers a few weeks ago to being in serious danger of finishing 5th.

Theyve won something like 10 pts from the last 10 games or something.

https://twitter.com/RedDevilBible/status/1124696997569675264

So much for the great attacking ethos from United. Imagine watching this wretched last few months and still thinking OGS is the right man to steer United through this crucial period of history. I despair.

The good ole utd way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1121149354411274248?s=19

I'm thinking the three errors are City, Everton and Chelsea.

Not to bad for the amount of seasons he's played.

Edit: this was meant to be a reply to Talking Bread.
    The xhaka goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Never said he did. Said per a vid I watched, which, if you Google you can find

Stop quoting ****e sites telling lies then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theyve won something like 10 pts from the last 10 games or something.

Distraction of the CL?

eigrod wrote: »
    Stop quoting ****e sites telling lies then.

Very well reputed youtube site. Check them out, you may enjoy the content.
    Not affiliated with them btw

Young and Jones at CB. You have to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Young and Jones at CB. United. You have to laugh.

Fixed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The officials seem to be trying to get Utd across the line here.

It's okay. The fans will give OGS a standing ovation for twenty minutes, OGS will apologize, he'll insist new players are needed rather than the ones he lobbied to get new contracts only a few months ago, and on we go again. Rinse and repeat.

Looks like the Europa League for United next season. If I were Solskjaer, I’d use that solely to blood the youngster coming through and almost as an audition for the first team. Play well enough in that and you get the play the weekend.

That squad needs so much work that he won't be able to do it all through the transfer window. Tell the likes of Chong that you're going to be starting every Europa game and stick to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Madrid offer anything near £100m for Pogba Man U would be mental not to snap their hands off for it.

Youtube player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You would wonder what is going through Ole's head right now,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Manchester United Europa League side, the only question is qualifier round or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Has to be seen as a positive for United today really,a point on the road at Huddersfield after losing the last five away from home shows that Ole has them going in the right direction again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Enjoy playing Thursday nights in the arsehole of Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's okay. The fans will give OGS a standing ovation for twenty minutes, OGS will apologize, he'll insist new players are needed rather than the ones he lobbied to get new contracts only a few months ago, and on we go again. Rinse and repeat.

He's stopped the rot now though. Two draws in a row and a huge point against the mighty Huddersfield ;)

If Madrid offer anything near £100m for Pogba Man U would be mental not to snap their hands off for it.

Youtube player.

Sell him and De Gea and use that money for the huge rebuild that the squad needs.

The hardest thing for United now will be the fact that they need so much work done to their team that I believe they have to be willing to write off next season. If they're going to stick with Solskjaer, they need to give him next season to try and build a brand new side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It’s Huddersfield you would get a bunch of U18s to best them they are so down beat at the moment

Oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Huddersfield haven’t put a single point on the board home or away since February.

That was, of course, until Man United came to town. Fully deserved it too.

If Utd finish 6th will they go into the qualifying rounds? That could effect their tours.

Wow, Utd are even worse than I thought. Another few weeks and Wolves might have pipped them for 6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's another embarrassing result for United. Huddersfield had lost their previous 8 games, they've lost 28 games this season, only 3 other teams in Premiership history I believe have lost more games. The record is a 3 way tie on 29, Huddersfield could still join that elite club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If Utd finish 6th will they go into the qualifying rounds? That could effect their tours.

They would need to take it seriously. Jagiellona only squeaked through last year 5-4 against Rio Ave.

It won't. Commercial success rules all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Young and Jones at CB. You have to laugh.

We are. A lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

God I would love if that happened, it would really mess up the clubs annual summer foreign club growth schedule.

So many years I’ve been saying Woodward and the club culture that’s created from his actions is a major problem. He’s empowered players too Much and he doesn’t really look like he knows what he’s doing. Nobody listens and everybody blames manager after manager. I knew it when Jose was sacked things would not get better and the team form has actually been worse if we take out the manager bounce factor.

Jose’s record at United looks genius at this stage. We won’t do anything near what he did for sometime as the clowns at the top continue to follow a clusterf**k strategy with player targets to make Woodward look good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You would wonder what is going through Ole's head right now,

The wind.

• Advertisement

3rd to 6th in the PL is pretty poor at the moment and it's just a small bit of consist3that could mean the difference between top 4 and EL.

In truth, Spurs have left everyone else in with their poor form and the then Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal were squabbling for 4th.

If arsenal win, 3 teams will be playing for 3rd and 4th in the last game of the season.

If Arsenal draw or worse. They'll only be able to catch Spurs in 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Drumpot wrote: »
    God I would love if that happened, it would really mess up the clubs annual summer foreign club growth schedule.

So many years I’ve been saying Woodward and the club culture that’s created from his actions is a major problem. He’s empowered players too Much and he doesn’t really look like he knows what he’s doing. Nobody listens and everybody blames manager after manager. I knew it when Jose was sacked things would not get better and the team form has actually been worse if we take out the manager bounce factor.

Jose’s record at United looks genius at this stage. We won’t do anything near what he did for sometime as the clowns at the top continue to follow a clusterf**k strategy with player targets to make Woodward look good...

How do you feel about next season now? Are you optimistic that United can get Top 4 or are you worried fighting for EL places are the likely outcome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shaw is poor.

Neville is fuming on commentary.

Maybe Man Utd fans will concentrate now their own club now rather than Liverpool's challenge.

Shaw is meant to be one of their best players. They're in big trouble if that's the case.

For any side finishing 5th/6th, winning the EL is now vital.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How do you feel about next season now? Are you optimistic that United can get Top 4 or are you worried fighting for EL places are the likely outcome?

For the record, I thought the board should of backed Jose last summer, they should of backed him in his dispute with Pogba and that sacking him Would not solve the problem. It all started as far back as the Seville game when Jose fell out with Pogba but fans refused to see it.

United are a euro league team that should have no more ambitions then top 6. Spending doesn’t matter when you have owners who have their own targets that have little to do with what a team needs. At least Jose had the authority to challange Woodward whereas Ole is a yes man in terms of any sort of authority he can push when deciding on targets.

I expect maybe one token superstar like bale which is exactly what we don’t need but some fans will enjoy the supposed intent it shows. If Bale isn’t available they may get some other marketable top name player and a bunch of younger players who will have a good resale potential.

Woodward might throw money at Pogba in desperation and I think him leaving could help. He’s too good a talent for this squad and he plays like somebody who doesn’t give a f**k. He will do well at a club that doesn’t really need him to be a reliable player and will look the world class player he can be. Since he will be under prsssur to perform he will do better and be more consistent. He’s not what united need right now.

The club is going to regress further unless they get somebody in at a top level , with authority to run the footballing side of things. Woodward has proven without doubt that spending money doesn’t guarantee a top 4 spot (won’t even say success) and getting marketing deals with Asian noodle companies doesn’t qualify you to run a football club.

I really hope somebody buys that club, not a dodgy owner but somebody with some money who is happy to clear the clubs debts and let it spend its own money. An owner who focuses and prioritizes football strategy’s throughout the club and makes the marketing element a bonus , not a priority.

Next season the best a united fan can hope for is 4th and that’s a massive ask of this squad that doesn’t gel or have any sort of team ethos/character. If I was betting right now I would bet on them making a balls of the summer, Ole might be gone by December and the team may even end up mid table like Chelsea’s crazy season after they won the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Wow, Utd are even worse than I thought. Another few weeks and Wolves might have pipped them for 6th.

Yet some fans saying they deserve to be in 4th and should have had it wrapped up by now.

Table doesn’t lie.

I still can't believe they fell for the standard caretaker manager bounce and gave him the job, especially when results had nosedived by the time they did it. Its almost like there's a rival fan running the club.

Great stuff to be fair he's doing a cracking job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Easily the worst utd team I can remember,such overhyped players like pogba,martial, rashford,Sanchez,their best player the last couple of.
    months has been mctominay,and he's no top player either

Lucky it's not a worse run , should have lost games against West ham and Watford too I believe.

.G. wrote: »
    I still can't believe they fell for the standard caretaker manager bounce and gave him the job, especially when results had nosedived by the time they did it. Its almost like there's a rival fan running the club.

You are not wrong. I thought Ole was a bad choice and didn’t Think they needed to make him the full time job when they did.

Woodward like a gambler who keeps making terrible decisions and every time he goes all in it goes to sh*t:

- Moyes 7 year contract - sacked after 10 months
    - LVG asks for 2 year contract, gets 3 and sacked after 2
    - Jose gets contract extension with year and a half remaining on existing contract and sacked after 10 months
    - Ole gets 6 month contract and could possibly get his p45 less then 3 weeks after getting a 3 year contract

You can’t make this up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Easily the worst utd team I can remember,such overhyped players like pogba,martial, rashford,Sanchez,their best player the last couple of.
    months has been mctominay,and he's no top player either

Lucky it's not a worse run , should have lost games against West ham and Watford too I believe.
    West Ham played them off the pitch at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They are abysmally run. City and Liverpool in another league to the self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

I've enjoyed their downfall but they are starting to be come a bit of a running joke like Liverpool in the 90s.

Alot of United fans are oblivious to the parallels of both clubs.

blueser wrote: »
    West Ham played them off the pitch at OT.

Since the spurs away game united have generally been poor but for the odd game. They scraped a few wins that could of easily made the second half of the season as bad as the first.

Drumpot wrote:
    You are not wrong. I thought Ole was a bad choice and didn’t Think they needed to make him the full time job when they did.

Woodward like a gambler who keeps making terrible decisions and every time he goes all in it goes to sh*t:

Moyes 7 year contract - sacked after 10 months - LVG asks for 2 year contract, gets 3 and sacked after 2 - Jose gets contract extension with year and a half remaining on existing contract and sacked after 10 months - Ole gets 6 month contract and could possibly get his p45 less then 3 weeks after getting a 3 year contract

You can’t make this up....

I've always said David Gill was as big a loss to United as Ferguson. Its staggering incompetence at the club over sustained period now that I'm amazed Ed is in the job never mind Ole.

I've always said David Gill was as big a loss to United as Ferguson. Its staggering incompetence at the club over sustained period now that I'm amazed Ed is in the job never mind Ole.

Once the share price starts dropping and investors getting nervous, he'll be gone. Think that will be in the summer if no big sponsorship deals are signed. Mad given it's a football club and the rest comes from success on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yet some fans saying they deserve to be in 4th and should have had it wrapped up by now.

Table doesn’t lie.

Who said they deserve top 4?

• Advertisement
Advertisement