Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Go on City!

Glorious result for City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

And onto the next game!

How will the TV rights work? I imagine there will be a station with both games like a side by side ?

One on main event and one on sky premier league? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a split screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

So, on we go to the last day of the season. Wolves guaranteed 7th now also after that.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

City Game is on Sky anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hard to see City dropping points at the weekend, heartbreaking for Liverpool fans.

Incredible season for both sides but this City team won't be stopped and not just this season.

While Pep is in charge, can't see City being bet in the PL even if Liverpool or someone else goes toe to toe with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

And onto the next game!

How will the TV rights work? I imagine there will be a station with both games like a side by side ?

Sky are showing them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What a miss at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The football gods have spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

They just keep going. The application and effort they put in every week is astounding to be fair let alone the level they produce.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Surely City won't blow it against Brighton

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Aguero !! Ha!

"I tell you don't hit it, don't hit it..no Vinnie, no!!"

While Pep is in charge, can't see City being bet in the PL even if Liverpool or someone else goes toe to toe with them.

It's not over yet. Brighton are due a win but the odds against them will be hilarious. Liverpool are just going to have to hope that Brighton pull a once in a lifetime performance out of the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And onto the next game!

Sky have both games live. They usually have 2 games live on the final day. If there is any goals or incidents from the game you are not watching they will show it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Berserker wrote: »
    It's not over yet. Brighton are due a win.

No such thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hard to see City dropping points at the weekend, heartbreaking for Liverpool fans.

Incredible season for both sides but this City team won't be stopped and not just this season.

A great team, I just find them rather bland. Not sure why it is.

They could easily win the next 5 years in a row especially with the money behind them and the investment they made behind the scenes.

Insane point total over two years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's not over yet. Brighton are due a win but the odds against them will be hilarious. Liverpool are just going to have to hope that Brighton pull a once in a lifetime performance out of the bag.

Ah man you have been saying this every week, no way city are not beating Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ah it is over. there's no chance of this city side getting anything but a win vs Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They’ll have to worry about beating Wolves first. Not a given at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sunday's games are not a formality for either Liverpool or City.

City were supposed to stroll past QPR in 2012.

United messed up at Upton Park in 1995.

Football! Bloody hell

• Advertisement

1 game to go
    95 Man City
    94 Liverpool
    71 Chelsea
    70 Tottenham
    67 Arsenal
    66 Man Utd
    57 Wolves
    53 Everton
    51 Leicester
    50 Watford
    49 West Ham
    46 Palace
    45 Bournemouth
    42 Newcastle
    40 Burnley
    38 Southampton
    36 Brighton
    31 Cardiff
    26 Fulham
    15 Huddersfield

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah man you have been saying this every week, no way city are not beating Brighton.

Being honest, I have to agree but you can still hope. Just felt the title was destined for Liverpool all season.

naughtb4 wrote: »

They could easily win the next 5 years in a row especially with the money behind them and the investment they made behind the scenes.

Incredible points total.

Easily win it until Pep leaves IMO, and more than likely after they win the Champions League. If it takes 3/4 years and they haven't, he might leave again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just saw Kompany's goal now... What an absolute cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bland ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

14 wins in a row to win the title, 3 points dropped since the new year. Fair ****s, I'm gutted this Liverpool team isn't going to win it but city have been incredible since January.

Both teams will be up there again next season no doubt thrilling the league.

97 points more than likely and I refuse to criticize any team that get that and don't win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Delighted with that. Couldn't handle Liverpool fans winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Incredible points total.

Easily win it until Pep leaves IMO, and more than likely after they win the Champions League. If it takes 3/4 years and they haven't, he might leave again.

I don't think Pep leaving will stop it

They’ll have to worry about beating Wolves first. Not a given at all.

Wolves are safe in 7th now. If they had something to play for, I'd say maybe but not now. I've been wrong about Man City dropping points, as Niallo said but I've been bang on about Liverpool not dropping any. Half a gold star for me!!!

Kompany has a clatter of kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wolves are safe in 7th now. If they had something to play for, I'd say maybe but not now. I've been wrong about Man City dropping points, as Niallo said but I've been bang on about Liverpool not dropping any. Half a gold star for me!!!

Gold star?! Your posts have been absolute garbage the last few months and not a seriously held prediction amongst them.

More kids than shots on target from outside the box :pac:

Leicester had nothing to play for either ...... except pride. Same for Wolves and Brighton.
    Both City and Liverpool have been fantastic this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jimbob1977 wrote:
    City were supposed to stroll past QPR in 2012.

Brighton are 60 points behind City.
    Like tonight the result isn't in doubt, they don't have games midweek distracting them. Maybe if they played Ajax it would affect them but not against premier league cannon fodder like Brighton.
    When 2 teams are that far ahead of the teams below them expecting one to drop points vs a team that were only safe on Saturday is naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Inb4 "couldn't handle Liverpool fans winning the league"

What a goal. Couldn't have placed it better if you went up with your hands.

I'd say thats faith. When Kompany steps up and bails you out in a game like that...was willing him to shoot here as well.

****ing hero

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gold star?! Your posts have been absolute garbage the last few months and not a seriously held prediction amongst them.

I predicted that Liverpool would win all their games since their Burnley home game. Was right about that. Predicted they'd hockey Porto in the CL, when everyone was saying that Porto were a different beast than last season. Was right about that. Was wrong about City dropping points, as of now. I'll admit that I got the wrong.

Leicester had nothing to play for either ...... except pride. Same for Wolves and Brighton.
    Both City and Liverpool have been fantastic this season.

If Leicester could have snatched a win they would have been 3 points behind Wolves, with Liverpool needing to beat Wolves it would have been in Leicesters hands on the final day to snatch 7th and then wait on a the cup final to see if they would be in Europe so they did have something to play for tonight

Post on twitter says that's Kompanys first shot on target outside the box since Christmas 2013.

Jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

niallo27 wrote: »
    Arsenal for me dont, they dont really seem to do anything these days.

Ahead 3 1 in the semi final of the Europa League....hardly nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Since City last dropped points, Liverpools have drawn 4 games and dropped 8 points.

City's run is insane but Pool not turning any one of those 4 draws, leicester (H), West ham (a), Utd (a), Everton (a) looks to have cost them the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Post on twitter says that's Kompanys first shot on target outside the box since Christmas 2013.

Jaysus

He sure picked his moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor aul garragher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

City havent conceded a goal from open play since the newcastle game in Jan. They are an incredible team.

Jaysus

That is absolutely insane, if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I predicted that Liverpool would win all their games since their Burnley home game. Was right about that. Predicted they'd hockey Porto in the CL, when everyone was saying that Porto were a different beast than last season. Was right about that. Was wrong about City dropping points, as of now. I'll admit that I got the wrong.

Whatever. It's not a hard schtick to follow like. Your posts just "predicted" every positive outcome for Liverpool and every negative for City. Just repeated nonsense, hope you had fun. icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Poor aul garragher

yes whoever he is.

Did Pep where his grey jacket thingy again?

Convinced he's just wearing that as a superstitious thing at this rate.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Whatever. It's not a hard schtick to follow like. Your posts just "predicted" every positive outcome for Liverpool and every negative for City. Just repeated nonsense, hope you had fun.

Thoroughly enjoyed the season, thank you very much. Looking forward to a great day on Sunday, with an OF game before the PL games.

Did Pep where his grey jacket thingy again?

Convinced he's just wearing that as a superstitious thing at this rate.

Sure did, must have a wardrobe with like 20 of them in it. One for every day and repeat

• Advertisement
Advertisement