Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dzer2 wrote: »
    Go again Ajax are pissed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Would be very surprised to see Bobby move while Klopp is there

Id say all 3 will be at Liverpool for a while yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5starpool wrote: »
    I know of arsenal win the EL there will be 5 teams in the CL next season. Grand.

What happens to EL spots though? Does England get 3 still or lose one in this instance? If they lose one I assume it's the worst one, so 2 teams will still go straight through to groups?

Only 2 in Europa League if Arsenal win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

All 4 teams in the finals of the euro/pean cups have lost to wolves this year .. remarkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Speak Now wrote: »
    Only 2 in Europa League if Arsenal win.

Man U fans may have to support City and Arsenal, It's looking like a combo of Watford and Chelsea cup wins and their season begins in July :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

All 4 teams in the finals of the euro/pean cups have lost to wolves this year .. remarkable.

They all lost to Man City too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I'm struggling to find the tweet but if you include the top 6 and wolves in a mini league and look at how they performed against each other, wolves are in third out of that 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yep; six points from the games against Arsenal and Spurs, 4 off Liverpool and 3 off Chelsea. 19 points from 24. Could (should?) have been 21 if Mahrez hadn't sent his penalty into orbit at Anfield.

MaceFace wrote: »
    I'm struggling to find the tweet but if you include the top 6 and wolves in a mini league and look at how they performed against each other, wolves are in third out of that 7.

Everton would have more points I believe.

blueser wrote: »
    Yep; six points from the games against Arsenal and Spurs, 4 off Liverpool and 3 off Chelsea. 19 points from 24. Could (should?) have been 21 if Mahrez hadn't sent his penalty into orbit at Anfield.

The wolves stat thing is a bit silly though because the Liverpool team they beat in the FA Cup was not the same team that they'd have faced in the league.

• Advertisement

The wolves stat thing is a bit silly though because the Liverpool team they beat in the FA Cup was not the same team that they'd have faced in the league.

Liverpool were a disgrace to the competition?

Liverpool were a disgrace to the competition?

OK, whatever you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Its a bit silly to say that because its still Liverpool.

And its not like it was a team of unknowns, Salah, Firmino, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Origi, Shaqiri, Sturridge and Lovren all played that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What 4 points have they taken off Liverpool. A team whose only defeat , so far, is to City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

cjmc wrote: »
    What 4 points have they taken off Liverpool. A team whose only defeat , so far, is to City?

He is talking about Man City, Man City have taken 4 points off Liverpool which is where the league has been lost and won this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He is talking about Man City, Man City have taken 4 points off Liverpool which is where the league has been lost and won this season.

Took 5pts off Liverpool. Only got 1 pt from the 2 games against City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8-10 wrote: »

But they won four points. Hmmm! :p

And its not like it was a team of unknowns, Salah, Firmino, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Origi, Shaqiri, Sturridge and Lovren all played that day.

Well if Liverpool do the league double over them tomorrow it doesn't matter either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Liverpool's centre half pairing for most of that game was Fabinho & a young lad playing at the u17 Euro's right now, Hoever. Its not like Firmino, Lovren or Salah played near 45 minutes in it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

cjmc wrote: »

I dont care what anyone says , if liverpool were on 100 points at the moment city would be on 101 , the league so far bar a serious fcuk up against brighton tomorrow will be won by the best squad of players ever to grace English football , 100 points last year 95 so far now no team will ever better that

• Advertisement

OK, whatever you say.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

What you claim is it is silly because it wasn't really Liverpool allegedly, it was a competive game there to be won and they didn't Wolves did, beat them regardless if Liverpool didn't field their strongest side that's their own fault.

Liverpool didn't field their strongest side against Barcelona, got the job done ;)

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its not like Firmino, Lovren or Salah played near 45 minutes in it either.

More minutes than they got against Barcelona Tuesday gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

City nil all on the final day. Liverpool five nil. Its a shame though. People will say city's season was a failure when they have an amazing season and could still do a double of sorts

To be pedantic for a minute, that's not strictly accurate. We denied Liverpool 5 points, we only actually "took" 4 points off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Dont forget Migs as well:cool:

To be pedantic for a minute, that's not strictly accurate. We denied Liverpool 5 points, we only actually "took" 4 points off them.

Ok I read it wrong, Liverpool denied 5pts is what I thought was meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'd love if the title had been settled last weekend just to see how Sky would go about trying to hype up today's games:p

I'd love if the title had been settled last weekend just to see how Sky would go about trying to hype up today's games:p
    9 goal swing for top 4 being hyped up is my guess :pac:

Ok I read it wrong, Liverpool denied 5pts is what I thought was meant.
    No sweat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

All of the media outlets would be lost if it was settled but Sky are really milking it. Missing it myself, I've got a fun afternoon of shopping ahead of me! Stevie G and his Gers won today, 2-0. Might be a good omen for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wouldn't write Brighton off today. City's much vaunted attack the last few weeks hasn't lived up to the hype with tight wins seeing them through. Brighton meanwhile seem to have sorted their defence, keeping a clean sheet against Wolves and only conceding a goal in their games with Spurs and Arsenal. Maybe a red card for the visitors to get an interesting chain of events going. I'd fancy Liverpool to beat Wolves with a scare or two along the way.

I expect there will be drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Berserker wrote: »
    All of the media outlets would be lost if it was settled but Sky are really milking it. Missing it myself, I've got a fun afternoon of shopping ahead of me. Stevie G and his Gers won today, 2-0. Might be a good omen for Liverpool.

Surely you can do better than that...you and that other poster have put months into this Liverpool have it wrapped up gimmick...don’t let everyone down on the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't write Brighton off today. City's much vaunted attack the last few weeks hasn't lived up to the hype with tight wins seeing them through. Brighton meanwhile seem to have sorted their defence, keeping a clean sheet against Wolves and only conceding a goal in their games with Spurs and Arsenal. Maybe a red card for the visitors to get an interesting chain of events going. I'd fancy Liverpool to beat Wolves with a scare or two along the way.

And right on cue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Have you read the book Great Expectations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely you can do better than that...you and that other poster have put months into this Liverpool have it wrapped up gimmick...don’t let everyone down on the last day.

That's all I have left. If Man City slip up and Liverpool win, that would mean that I've got it right. Slim margins between victory and defeat. It' not a gimmick. 97 pts, is a points total that should clinch the title, you have to agree. Didn't factor City beating all of those teams though. Thought they'd dropping something in the run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No Fernandinho for City.

TitianGerm wrote:
    No Fernandinho for City.

A Kompany red or injury and they could be in trouble.

At Anfield. Super atmosphere. The pending Champions League final makes this a free hit, a send off to the team. Have no expectation of Brighton getting anything but glad I won’t be watching it or have internet coverage. Just going to enjoy our game in the sunshine and hopefully we can get to 97pts

What a season it’s been so far, shame there’s only 2 games left to watch this team until August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yaya Toure is very difficult to follow when he speaks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My biggest fear is that there won't be drama

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

noodler wrote: »
    My biggest fear is that there won't be drama

The length of time it takes City to score will be the only drama today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I only realised I cant access red button on sky ME, must be because I only have the mini box.Would have been nice to see on splitscreen. Cant understand why I only got a mini box though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Spurs live on sky one free.
    Early pressure paying off sports up through a Dier set piece

Mane's put Liverpool in front.

Watching the Brighton/City game and Pep's side not up to scratch so far. Surprised he's picked Mahrez for this game having not played him of late. Brighton defending well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Farce penalty decision at Old Trafford

Cardiff are beating United.

Not even surprised.

Brighton lead!

Murray with the header.

Right on cue.

****ing hell

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Didn't last long. Game on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Early days but I was about to post that City hadn’t looked near anywhere scoring, then Brighton score, then City score ALL as im posting this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement