Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

And Sterling. Comes across as great kid.

His stand against racism has to be welcomed and has gained him a lot of fans this year across the board.

They’re worthy Champions. Dropping out of the CL was a blessing for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

8-10 wrote: »
    His stand against racism has to be welcomed and has gained him a lot of fans this year across the board.

They’re worthy Champions. Dropping out of the CL was a blessing for them

Ya funny enough I agree. I think they would have dropped points Monday had they knocked out Spurs. They would have played that earlier. They looked sluggish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

There's a difference between bottling and just not being good enough. This season Liverpool just weren't good enough to get over the line. Albeit worthy winners.

'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Liverpool have made huge progress the last few years and are still going in the right direction, but losing the league this year was a complete bottle job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The key game was the game at the etihad.

Mane somehow no goal & Kompany no red card the key decision.

Sane similar shot to Mane takes a deflection & goes in. In fairness City closed out the season with 14 in a row brillantly.

That said they would prefer a CL. While we are going for our 6th title. The biggest club competition in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fantastic pro, has had a number of massive goals over the years, obviously Monday being one of the biggest.

Injuries have hampered him and he's not the player he once was but definitely the type of player you'd love at your club

Great player, a premier league legend, there before the money came in too. Anything I've ever seen about him is he's a top bloke.

Not a dig at United but when you see them giving Jones, Smalling and young new deals and city are letting kompany go it really sums up the situations of both clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

rob316 wrote: »
    Great player, a premier league legend, there before the money came in too. Anything I've ever seen about him is he's a top bloke.

Not a dig at United but when you see them giving Jones, Smalling and young new deals and city are letting kompany go it really sums up the situations of both clubs.

100%

Night & Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool have made huge progress the last few years and are still going in the right direction, but losing the league this year was a complete bottle job

Think you’re posting duplicate posts mate

MD1990 wrote: »

Sane similar shot to Mane takes a deflection & goes in. In fairness City closed out the season with 14 in a row brillantly.

That said they would prefer a CL. While we are going for our 6th title. The biggest club competition in the world.

It's pointless pin pointing moments in the season. City have been flawless since January.
    We did incredible it wasn't good enough, we go again next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Doubt it. Gerrard said he would have swapped his CL medal for a PL one.
    "It's great to have that level of respect, but the most satisfying thing is always winning trophies. If we win the title, it will rank alongside Istanbul as one of the greatest achievements in our history. None of us will ever give up trying and we still believe we can do it.

"I've said I'd swap every other medal I could win for the rest of my career to win the league, and I mean that."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/5084873/gerrard-in-medal-swap-claim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kompany was one of the first signings after City were bought out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

8-10 wrote: »
    Think you’re posting duplicate posts mate

Moderator must of moved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Clutching at them now.

Mahrez could've scored that pen and City sauntered off into the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

namloc1980 wrote: »
    When?

This season.

His contract is up at the end of the season. Deserves an extension tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Vinnie is a top fella. In his prime, one of the best CBs in the PL. Even now, he isn't too bad. And a very intelligent bloke, who speaks very well. He totally understands how the fans feel about our club. He also married a local girl, who's a lifelong City fan, from a family of blues. I hope he stays on at the club.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Nope kompany was signed a few weeks before the take over. I doubt the incoming regime had any influence on that.

Delighted for Bernardo Silva. What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

blueser wrote: »
    Vinnie is a top fella. In his prime, one of the best CBs in the PL. Even now, he isn't too bad. And a very intelligent bloke, who speaks very well. He totally understands how the fans feel about our club. He also married a local girl, who's a lifelong City fan, from a family of blues. I hope he stays on at the club.

Do I not remember watching that Amazon documentary on City and Kompany was winding up his father in law as her Dad was a United fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

blueser wrote: »

What do you reckon Blueser about players in the older bracket; do you think there's much more seasons in Aguero, Fernandihno, Kompany and Silva? Tbh I'm looking forward to seeing the back of them. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So who are the fair weather Man U fans going to follow next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

And Sterling. Comes across as great kid.

The same dude that beat up his girlfriend lol

Incorrect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Kompany

Bought on August 22nd 2008.Sheikh Mansour purchased the club on Sept 1st.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Do I not remember watching that Amazon documentary on City and Kompany was winding up his father in law as her Dad was a United fan?

Yeah, a massive Man United fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Liamalone wrote: »

:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-24178588

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Salford FC all the way baby....... Might try and squeeze in a United game when I’m at one of their games! One thing for me is that it’s usually cheaper and easier to get tickets to united games. Every cloud and all that,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Well thank f*ck that’s over. Man City save football fans all across the globe once again. Fair play to them.
    My Liverpool mates in the WhatsApp (great app btw) are reflecting on not beating that 10 man, patched up United team. So there’s some solace there for me after the stick I’ve had to endure this season. Anyway... congrats to City fans and thanks from the rest of us. It’s back to lurking for me, see yis in the feedback thread :)

What do you reckon Blueser about players in the older bracket; do you think there's much more seasons in Aguero, Fernandihno, Kompany and Silva? Tbh I'm looking forward to seeing the back of them. :P
    I think we'll start seeing less of them from next season. David has been a long way off his best form this past couple of months. Bernardo is the obvious successor to him, with Phil as the deputy. The rest of them are still excellent players, but time waits for no one. I'd imagine that Stones and Laporte will be Pep's favoured first choice cb pairing next season. And it's no secret that we'd like to sign a decent defensive midfielder and have been trying for the last year or so. As for Kun; where is there a similar quality out and out striker that could be prised away from their current club? Jesus definitely has potential, but he's a long way off Kun. He could do with learning the offsideaw for a start! I'm dreading Kun going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This season.

That didn't happen.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Stepfather, I think (might be wrong on that though). You are correct though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Tbf, the amount of injuries united had going in to that game and then picked up so early in that game really hampered pool. Not very fair when you think about it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Drumpot wrote: »
    Salford FC all the way baby....... Might try and squeeze in a United game when I’m at one of their games! One thing for me is that it’s usually cheaper and easier to get tickets to united games. Every cloud and all that,

There nearly as rich as City these days so it shouldn't be long before they run up the leagues and they reach the PL so that will make interesting times for the fair weather supporters.

One billionaire owner & David Beckham and who isn't far off a billionaire himself with five multi millionaire owners.

Who out spend everyone and are happy to lose money they will fit in well in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jesus they are still talking about United. Even mentioning Salford despite the fact they live in Ireland.

Liamalone wrote: »

But was that charged dropped? I'm open for correction there. I'm not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just was chatting with the lads about this. The 3 players we could think that won the premier League in the 'City Era'

Aguero Silva Kompany. They've been there for all 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

RasTa wrote:
    Jesus they are still talking about United. Even mentioning Salford despite the fact they live in Ireland.

And your talking about them........ irony people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wouldn't be like you to to start posting nonsense.

I'm baffled.

There nearly as rich as City these days so it shouldn't be long before they run up the leagues and they reach the PL so that will make interesting times for the fair weather supporters.

One billionaire owner & David Beckham and who isn't far off a billionaire himself with five multi millionaire owners.

Who out spend everyone and are happy to lose money they will fit in well in the league.

Money's bad says the fan of the team that broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper and defender. :pac:

Just was chatting with the lads about this. The 3 players we could think that won the premier League in the 'City Era'

Aguero Silva Kompany. They've been there for all 3.
    ;)

• Advertisement

Money's bad says the fan of the team that broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper and defender. :pac:

Being a City fan you can't say anything about football teams spending money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr.H wrote: »
    And your talking about them........ irony people

Oh I've being talking about Liverpool since 3-1 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs

Congrates to the resident city fans here. was a brilliant season. Well deserved. We had a fantastic season but ye had an even better one.

Im happy enough with our progress. at the start of the season i would have been happy with a champions league final and a chance at the league on the last day.

But again congratulations man city. I bet all of Manchester is feeling blue right now.

Not seen the goals but hopefully Travers was not at fault for those goals today for Bournemouth. Played so well last week

Mr.H wrote: »
    Congrates to the resident city fans here. was a brilliant season. Well deserved. We had a fantastic season but ye had an even better one.

Im happy enough with our progress. at the start of the season i would have been happy with a champions league final and a chance at the league on the last day.

But again congratulations man city. I bet all of Manchester is feeling blue right now.

YAGpXPd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That didn't happen.

Sorry it was back in 2002.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Congratulations to Man City. Best team won it without a doubt.

What game are city going to drop points in now for the inevitable Liverpool title win you've been insisting was coming?

RasTa wrote:
    Oh I've being talking about Liverpool since 3-1 today

And they are the ones obsessed?

Congrates on winning the league......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Being a City fan you can't say anything about football teams spending money.

415.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It really is like picking a national league team in football manager and hitting the cash cheat code!

• Advertisement
Advertisement