Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus man. That's a low one. What are you trying to prove. Athens was a logistical nightmare. The game should have been delayed. People with tickets ended up not getting in.

I was there and was very very lucky to get in. Police put up 2 lines of security 90 minutes before ko and stopped everyone, with or without tickets. I got stopped and only because my mate had got through ahead of me was I allowed through because I pleaded with them that he was with me. 2 Dublin lads on plane home didn’t get in despite paying €2k each for the trip. Absolutely shocking treatment of fans by police and UEFA.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Liverpool fans turning up without tickets and pushing their way in? I find that hard to believe.

S*n readers should be banned from this site. Intellectually bottom of the barrell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

What's wrong with what I said? I do find those accusations hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nothing, your a legend kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

eigrod wrote: »
    I was there and was very very lucky to get in. Police put up 2 lines of security 90 minutes before ko and stopped everyone, with or without tickets. I got stopped and only because my mate had got through ahead of me was I allowed through because I pleaded with them that he was with me. 2 Dublin lads on plane home didn’t get in despite paying €2k each for the trip. Absolutely shocking treatment of fans by police and UEFA.

What about the ticketless fans who gained entry to the ground? Always amazes me how Liverpool fans get a free pass when it comes to stuff like this.
    Yeah, cos Liverpool fans would never cause problems at a European final.

I'm not saying that. I was just talking about the natural rivalries that exist in English football among those teams. I'm well aware of the problems with Liverpool fans at finals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ozzy jr wrote:

You are the worst kind of poster. What ever about united and liverpool supporters saying they cant stand each other, I genuinely believe if there was less people like you on here, we would all actually get along.

The sooner we dont have to look at you posting the better. Oh wait there is a button for that.

Berserker wrote: »
    And what about their fellow fans who took their seats? Always amazes me how Liverpool fans get a free pass when it comes to stuff like this.

Oh do piss off with this ****. There was no evidence of that. I was there, everybody around me had tickets. The S*n tried that story with Hillsborough, it was proven false. Read the piece above about Athens, it was proven false. Read and believe the S*n all you want but don’t come on here with a horn spouting ****.

Edit: and now you have edited tour OP to make yourself look a bigger spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Jeez, what a strange post. Someone makes accusations about Liverpool fans, I defend the fans and I'm getting the grief.

:D

eigrod wrote: »
    Oh do piss off with this ****. There was no evidence of that. I was there, everybody around me had tickets. The S*n tried that story with Hillsborough, it was proven false. Read the piece above about Athens, it was proven false. Read and believe the S*n all you want but don’t come on here with a horn spouting ****.

Edit: and now you have edited tour OP to make yourself look a bigger spoofer.

Firsly, I edited my post to make my point clearer. Secondly, it's well know that the stadium was full well before kick off because ticketless fans gained entry. That's why the two lad above couldn't get in.

Firsly, I edited my post to make my point clearer. Secondly, it's well know that the stadium was full well before kick off because ticketless fans gained entry. That's why the two lad above couldn't get in.

Well known? By whom? Where is it confirmed? Come on, bring on the evidence.

• Advertisement

Jeez, what a strange post. Someone makes accusations about Liverpool fans, I defend the fans and I'm getting the grief.

:D

You're fooling nobody

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Either way, why is the 2007 CL final that Liverpool were in being discussed in the 2018/19 Premier League thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    Either way, why is the 2007 CL final that Liverpool were in being discussed in the 2018/19 Premier League thread?

Because someone made a comment about Liverpool fans and causing trouble in finals

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5starpool wrote: »

:confused:

I guess some people are seeking a new hobby since the season is now over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Berserker wrote:

You dont need to worry about getting tickets for a european final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Over 30 years ago. Times change. Previous 5 Liverpool European final appearances have had no problems.

2016 was fights in the stand. Wasnt pretty for poor kids around it.

Anyway it's all done now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

2016 was fights in the stand. Wasnt pretty for poor kids around it.

Anyway it's all done now

Is it yeah? :rolleyes:

monkey9 wrote: »

Like Man Utd fans never had fights in the stands. :pac::D

Like Man Utd fans never had fights in the stands. :pac::D

Sure I remember the Man U fans having to be battered by the Rome police in the stands at a Champions League game because of their behaviour and of course Everton fans physically attacking Lyon players. Horrible scenes. Tut tut.

Ya it was 3 years ago:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sure I remember the Man U fans having to be battered by the Rome police in the stands at a Champions League game because of their behaviour and of course Everton fans physically attacking Lyon players. Horrible scenes. Tut tut.

Didn't result in every club getting banned did it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If Leeds win tonight, would everyone prefer them or Villa promoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Leeds simply because my old man is a huge fan ,

He took me to a few Leeds V Liverpool games as a kid so id love to take him to Liverpool v Leeds game as an adult,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Leeds simply because my old man is a huge fan ,

He took me to a few Leeds V Liverpool games as a kid so id love to take him to Liverpool v Leeds game as an adult,

This (almost word for word!).

++ Bielsa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Didn't result in every club getting banned did it?

No. And neither did anything that happened in 2007.

Liverpool fans at Heysel in 1985 caused English clubs to be banned. My original point was that from a policing/security perspective, what happened in 1985 is not relevant when preparing for the 2019 final. Spanish authorities would look at all English fan behaviour in Europe over the previous, say, 3-5 seasons in order to determine expected behaviour and plan accordingly. Yes, Liverpool fans included in that, but not exclusively. They see English fans and I doubt they care too much to differentiate them based on club loyalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Leeds. It's a bigger game for United and that what you want to be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Two huge clubs that both should be in the premier League. I don't mind who goes up as either will bring more to the league than Huddersfield, Cardiff or Fulham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Two huge clubs that both should be in the premier League. I don't mind who goes up as either will bring more to the league than Huddersfield, Cardiff or Fulham

No they shouldnt, They both should be in the Champ based in their current teams abilitys!

How big a club is does not come into whether a team should be in the Prem League!

fyfe79 wrote: »
    No. And neither did anything that happened in 2007.

Liverpool fans at Heysel in 1985 caused English clubs to be banned. My original point was that from a policing/security perspective, what happened in 1985 is not relevant when preparing for the 2019 final. Spanish authorities would look at all English fan behaviour in Europe over the previous, say, 3-5 seasons in order to determine expected behaviour and plan accordingly. Yes, Liverpool fans included in that, but not exclusively. They see English fans and I doubt they care too much to differentiate them based on club loyalty.

Also poster ignores the then PM of UK asked UEFA to ban English teams from European football to try and save face for the fan hooligans. UEFA said ok as it got them off the hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You're fooling nobody

Even the usuals were a bit iffy about thanking it. :pac:

As for Leeds or Villa, it would probably be Villa but hopefully Derby make it ahead of both.

I think Leeds would be good for the Premier League, but i’d like to see Derby go up for the likes of Richard Keogh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leeds as my granddad was a huge fan.

Always a soft spot for that reason and always kept an eye on the scores.

Never forget that I told him a Leeds score during the day and he rinsed me because he was waiting for MOTD :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Villa or Derby. Either will do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's a shame Leeds didn't make it up this season - that would have been at least 10 extra interesting fixtures to look forward to instead of the big pile of "who cares?" around the lower half of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two great assists by Kehoe tonight.
    I wanted Leeds to win but I keep saying how important a good safe keeper is and their keeper was an accident waiting to happen all night.

I think Villa will probably make the Premiership now.

• Advertisement

Delighted Leeds are out.

Don't care who gets it now. Villa favs

Wow, could this finally be the year that Derby doesn't mess things up in the final third of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wow, could this finally be the year that Derby doesn't mess things up in the final third of the season?

They'll just break their record of lowest points next season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They'll have strong competition from Norwich and Sheffield. Has there ever been a weaker promoted trio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They'll have strong competition from Norwich and Sheffield. Has there ever been a weaker promoted trio?

Every year it seems to get weaker as the gap widens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Every year it seems to get weaker as the gap widens

Wolves were pretty strong tbh. But the takeover & having an actually good manager helps, not one who has done a good job by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In each of the last 3 PL season Ashley Barnes has scored more goals than Marcus Rashford was a stat I was very surprised to read this morning.

Norwich are a decent side I don't think they will be relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In each of the last 3 PL season Ashley Barnes has scored more goals than Marcus Rashford was a stat I was very surprised to read this morning.

Joshua King has outscored him 4 seasons in a row!
    As has Ayoze Perez, and Glenn Murray has outscored him in each of the last few seasons also.

On a more serious note, I think this upcoming season is a really big one for him and we will see if he can step up and turn into 'the real deal' that so many people talk about him as, or will he continue the trend of being a fast 10 goal a season striker who was born in the right postcode. His career could go the same direction as Wellbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Man United needed 2 bites of the cherry before they could best Derby this season. :D

Man United needed 2 bites of the cherry before they could best Derby this season. :D

They lost in the first one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Norwich are a decent side I don't think they will be relegated

For the Championship. Pukki will probably score three goals next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FitzShane wrote: »

If only United could get themselves a player like Josh King

For the Championship. Pukki will probably score three goals next season

I fully expect Sheffield United , Who ever wins the play off and Brighton to be relegated, If Rafa leave Newcastle will be in trouble to ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

FitzShane wrote: »
    As has Ayoze Perez, and Glenn Murray has outscored him in each of the last few seasons also.

On a more serious note, I think this upcoming season is a really big one for him and we will see if he can step up and turn into 'the real deal' that so many people talk about him as, or will he continue the trend of being a fast 10 goal a season striker who was born in the right postcode. His career could go the same direction as Wellbeck.

How many of those were playing nearly all of their games on the left wing until mid way through this season?

• Advertisement
Advertisement