Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liam O wrote: »
    How many of those were playing nearly all of their games on the left wing until mid way through this season?

They are playing as attackers for teams who are mainly battling relegation every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

You can always rely on Liverpool fans to have up to the minute statistics on all things United.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    You can always rely on Liverpool fans to have up to the minute statistics on all things United.

Maybe you should take note of what is being said, instead of who is saying it.

It's just like that running meme of Souness with United fans. He slated Pogba for ages for not working hard enough etc and United fans lost their heads and wouldn't listen to him. Kept mentioning him any time he scored a penalty. And now it has come full circle, and they realise that Pogba is not all that.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Maybe you should take note of what is being said, instead of who is saying it.

It's just like that running meme of Souness with United fans. He slated Pogba for ages for not working hard enough etc and United fans lost their heads and wouldn't listen to him. Kept mentioning him any time he scored a penalty. And now it has come full circle, and they realise that Pogba is not all that.

It's just like that alright. Good man :rolleyes:

It's nothing at all to do with the obsession and having to post the same thing in several threads until the desired reaction is received.

Carry on, chaps.

It's just like that alright. Good man :rolleyes:

It's nothing at all to do with the obsession and having to post the same thing in several threads until the desired reaction is received.

Carry on, chaps.

Have I posted about it in multiple threads? No. I can only see it in one place - the General Premier League Thread.

Comparing the goal scoring records in the Premier League between multiple Premier League players at multiple Premier League clubs. Rashford, King, Murray, Perez. As they have similar goalscoring records over the last number of years.

As I said, try reading what is being said instead of burying your head in the sand and ignoring it and trying to ignite some LFC v MUFC thing by just talking about what club I support instead of talking about the actual topic of Rashford's goal return versus players of different clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Have I posted about it in multiple threads? No. I can only see it in one place - the General Premier League Thread.

Comparing the goal scoring records in the Premier League between multiple Premier League players at multiple Premier League clubs. Rashford, King, Murray, Perez. As they have similar goalscoring records over the last number of years.

As I said, try reading what is being said instead of burying your head in the sand and ignoring it and trying to ignite some LFC v MUFC thing by just talking about what club I support instead of talking about the actual topic of Rashford's goal return versus players of different clubs.

You posted it here and I posted it in the United thread as there was recent talk if they needed a new striker but if you making any sense and your not a United fan you must be "obsessed "

It's football talk , never get when other fans get upset if you have rational talk about there club ,

Basically my point is they need a proven goal scorer to get back near the top , its the one thing Fergie would always make sure they had, infact they always had more than one ,

Did I quote your post? No.

So why have you taken my post to heart so badly?

Poor effort all 'round.

Did I quote your post? No.

So why have you taken my post to heart so badly?

Poor effort all 'round.

well actually, yes you did quote my post, where you then said there was an obsession with posting it in multiple threads, which I have not done.

well actually, yes you did quote my post, where you then said there was an obsession with posting it in multiple threads, which I have not done.

It's worse you're getting. Have you forgotten what got you up on your high horse already? Or is it that you realised you were a little too quick to have a go and are now trying the ol' goalposts manoeuvre?

But here it is, post #2305, the one you quoted. You'll note that your name is nowhere to be seen in it, I haven't quoted you, yet it's the original post that precipitated your reaction.

So, like I said, poor show all 'round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Play the ball and not the man lads.

If someone is quoting statistics and the reply is to attack the person and not query or expand on the point then you are losing the argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They lost in the first one ?

Sorry even worse that win was last year :)

They got eliminated on pens at home to them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd say whoever wins the play off will be best of the promoted sides next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Derby have been in the playoffs in 4 of the last 6 years. The other 2 times they finished 8th and 9th so 2 and 3 places outside the playoffs.

So there's a case for them being a decent side alright, and Villa we know about too being runners up last year.

I think it's a good shout that the winner of this playoff will be the best team in the EPL next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pjohnson wrote: »

Be confident Villa would; not so sure about Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

pjohnson wrote: »

Why ?

Derby have lost 12 championship games , Villa I think 11 or 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I dunno when it comes to the championship it's always difficult to gage the thing is bonkers.

Leeds beat Derby 3 out of 4 times this season failing the one they needed the most, Villa only managed to beat two top six sides all year and it was only one they had beat up until WBA the other day, the other one? Derby where they scored 7 against them and conceded none over their two games so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I dunno when it comes to the championship it's always difficult to gage the thing is bonkers.

Leeds beat Derby 3 out of 4 times this season failing the one they needed the most, Villa only managed to beat two top six sides all year and it was only one they had beat up until WBA the other day, the other one? Derby where they scored 7 against them and conceded none over their two games so far.

Bookies wet dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Other than the fact that lost in the playoffs to Derby, I honestly don't know very much about them to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Speaking of obsession the only person here who was delighted Leeds are out, is a Man Utd. fan.
    Its been 15 years since they last played each other in the league :o

and there's 6 easy points his team won't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jacool wrote: »
    Speaking of obsession the only person here who was delighted Leeds are out, is a Man Utd. fan.
    Its been 15 years since they last played each other in the league :o

and there's 6 easy points his team won't win.

One - they'll get a draw at home.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Juventus have announced that Allegri is leaving them this summer and won't be there next summer.

Spurs will be nervous that Poch wants to go there.
    United will be ruing giving Solsjkear the job full time too early.
    Chelsea is probably the job that will suit him but transfer ban may make him think twice.

Or maybe Allegri will take over Brighton and take them into the CL.

Advertisement