Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir bad customer service

• 23-04-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I added my mobile phone to my eir phone & broadband in July 2018, in July 2018 I added the tv package (awful) only reason I took it was because it was very cheap and I was told that even though that was an 18 month contract I could still upgrade my mobile phone in Jan 19! Woe behold I ring in Jan only to be told I’m in contract with everything until jan 2020 and will not be due an upgrade until then! When will these fool start singing of the same hymn sheet and start training their staff properly, I can’t wait to get away from them! The money I saved in the tv is now being spent paying. €50 a month for a phone that is fully paid for since Jan!! Ridiculous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annstap

Their customer service is terrible and even though they tell you on the phone all is sorted,they still issue bills.I followed the correct procedures when cancelling my mobile broadband. I spoke to an agent, a supervisor and a man in cancellations who said "I work in cancellations, that is my job "when I I asked for written confirmation that my account was cancelled. I am still getting bills after all the calls I made and promises I received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Awful, awful company. I had a DD set up with them and switched to another provider.

Eir still issue notices for overdue payments for the service I no longer have. They've also apparently sold my debt to a debt collector but also still bill me for the debts they've allegedly sold.

I've been trying for months to pay off the €60 or so they say I owe them, but they can't take payment because they haven't billed me for that money, even though somewhere else in Eir it's marked as an overdue payment.

Their customer service is beyond appalling. They don't understand the situation at all and are incapable of fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annstap

I stopped using Eir broadband in December.I cancelled my DD.I owed them a payment which I didn't realise at the time so when I rang again they told me my cancellation was uncancelled and unless I paid the arrears they couldn't cancel my account.So I paid the arrears and had to give 30 days notice again.I was told that the bill in April was my last and that was the end of it, until another bill for May appeared today.Very annoying after spending hours on the phone sorting every thing out and speaking to a supervisor and a man in cancellations.

Advertisement