Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan taking a while

Options
  • 23-04-2019 2:22pm

Hey,

I applied for a student loan and filled out all the guarantor documents and submitted them on Monday 15th to my local branch. It took until Thursday for them to receive the documents even though I was told should be there within 2 days as you use an internal post system which is faster than using regular mail. I was told the loan was in the final stages on Thursday & Saturday but keep getting told to call back. I rang Saturday they told me Tuesday it should be sorted. Then I rang today it will be another 24-48 hours.

I have a deposit on a car which the garage will only hold on for for so long & I keep having to ring them to let them know it will be another 24 hours.

Is there anyway of getting this sorted faster? If I applied as a non student this loan would have been approved or denied at least within 24/48 hours. Just seems like some paper documents hold up applying for a loan by 4 days?

Thanks,

Andy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there daspendy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Loan applications are assessed on an individual basis and as such time frames may vary.

If you'd like an update on the loan application you can contact our Lending Team on 0818200334.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement