Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drain in garden - extension

• 23-04-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

We moved into a second hand home before Christmas. It has a drain of some sort in the back - see picture.

We're not looking to extend just yet but will likely do so in a few years.

Based on houses on either side of us the extension would likely come within 1m of these drains.

Looking for some reassurance as I have seen some comments online that Dublin City Council won't allow any extension to go within 3m of this. Any advice/info would be much appreciated.

zl83m8.png

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The 3m is a way leave for public drainage infrastructure.
    You have to first off figure out if it’s private or public.

If it’s public the council will have it on their drainage maps.
    If it’s private you can still
    Do work over it but keeping to regulations to ensure is works correctly afterwards, including access for rodding etc

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Thanks for the response, am in the process of determining if its public/private.

If it is indeed Public is there absolutely no way around the 3m ruling? Can it be appealed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks for the response, am in the process of determining if its public/private.

If it is indeed Public is there absolutely no way around the 3m ruling? Can it be appealed?

Nope, no way around it.
    You can divert the line but it needs approval And will be at your cost. I had to do it for an extension in sallynoggin recently to get through the planning stage.

It’s there for access and maintenance.

If you want to PM me your address if I’m DCC area I can check for you.
    It only takes 60 seconds at the public counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

That would be great, many thanks - PM sent

Advertisement