Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivery box - do people receive the email notifications?

• 23-04-2019 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Anyone got any experience of the An Post Delivery boxes in Limerick (Raheen in particular)? The info says you get notifications (via email) for all deliveries but I've heard that is not always the case. It would be one of the main reasons I'd be getting it. Save me having to check the box every day (I don't get much mail).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

deeobrien wrote: »
    Anyone got any experience of the An Post Delivery boxes in Limerick (Raheen in particular)? The info says you get notifications (via email) for all deliveries but I've heard that is not always the case. It would be one of the main reasons I'd be getting it. Save me having to check the box every day (I don't get much mail).

My parents have one a few years, and have never got email/texts. That being said, I can't guarantee that my parents entered an email/phone number initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭peter4918

deeobrien wrote: »

I’m not living in the Limerick area but I have a post box and always get an email notification when I get mail delivered. It usually takes about 1/2 an hour for the email to come after the postman delivers the mail in the box. I have the postbox for a few years at this stage and always get the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Limerick area and have one since last August. Always get the email notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

I live in Raheen and have had one since 2016.

I always get an email notification - and it usually arrives soon after the post has been delivered.

Good system actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deeobrien

Great - thanks for all the replies. I'm off to order one :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Always get the email here too.

Great box.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

deeobrien wrote:

When the box is activated, a barcode is stuck on the inside of it. When a delivery is made, the postman scans the barcode and shortly afterwards you get the email.
    I've heard that some postmen don't bother scanning the barcode when they make a delivery so the customer doesn't get the email. If this happens to be the case, just contact your local office and they will make sure it is scanned in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'll post something useful the next time.

So I've got the box installed and the postman started using it even before it was activated which was great. (Except for one day when for some reason the old box was used). The activation letter arrived and I put on the barcode. I left the other part in the box for the postman (I reckon he is supposed to do that bit?) Unfortunately I've had no notifications :( Its a pity as that was one of the reasons I got the box.

For anyone else looking at this thread in the future. I followed up with An post. (By emailing DeliveryBox@anpost.ie ) and they followed up the notification issue for me. I now get email notifications.

• Advertisement
Advertisement