Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does further part 4 work in this scenario?

Options
  • 23-04-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I signed the lease for my apartment back in 2011 so my understanding is that the part 4 tenancy ended in 2015 and that I then entered a further part 4 tenancy in 2015. Does this further part 4 tenancy last until 2019 or 2021?

On the citizens information site it has a section regarding part 4 tenancy if started on or before 24 December 2016, this period is 4 years. But what was the case with a further part 4 tenancy starting before 2016?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Further Part 4 tenancies which began before December 24th 2016 are four years long. If you begin a new Further Part 4 tenancy this year, that new one will be for six years, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 romalo

Thought as much, thanks.

Advertisement