Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

• 23-04-2019 6:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction for supposedly advising a tenant to withold rent.
    The facts are that the tenant went to the RTB and there was a determination that "respondent landlord shall pay the total sum of 2783.60 to the applicant tenant, withing 28 days of the date of issue of the order, being damages of 5630 euros for breach of landlord obligations for failure to carry out necessary repairs less 2846.40 euros in rent arrears in respect of the tenancy of the dwelling "My address".
    I an situation where the landlord owes the tenant €2783.60 the tenant can pay his rent by waiving some or all of the €2783.60.

This is not withholding rent per se since it is simply offsetting a debt. Offsetting a debt is equivalent to paying someone.
    the mod does not seem to understand the difference and is sticking to the mantra that I advised a tenant to withhold rent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you attempted to resolve the matter via PM with the mod, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

dudara wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve the matter via PM with the mod, and if so, what was the outcome?

I have had a number of PMs with the mod. All that happens is the mod repeats the mantra "you advised a tenant to withhold rent".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

No update yet?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies for the delay - I'm lifting the card as I think it's unreasonable to have you hanging round for over 2 months for you appeal to be dealt with

• Advertisement

Does that mean the appeal won't be dealt with at all?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The card is lifted so there is nothing to appeal

If you have wider concerns about moderation of the forum you can start a thread in Help Desk. However any such thread would not deal with the specifics of this case

Thanks

OP sitebanned - marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement