Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage Ammunition 7.62x51/.308/.22lr/12G

• 23-04-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi all strange one here, im looking for boxes of vintage ammunition ive started a small collection of them. im not planning on shooting them just putting them on display in the gun safe
    Ideally looking for pre 1980s ammunition or rare ammo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Hi all strange one here, im looking for boxes of vintage ammunition ive started a small collection of them. im not planning on shooting them just putting them on display in the gun safe
    Ideally looking for pre 1980s ammunition or rare ammo

You will need a lot of licences just to collect a few boxes of "various" calibers ! As a seperate licence is required to purchase or possess each caliber you are after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Hotshot123

You will need a lot of licences just to collect a few boxes of "various" calibers ! As a seperate licence is required to purchase or possess each caliber you are after.

Have a few shells off weird calibre guns if you want a couple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Just to be clear, if you have weird calibre shells, you need weird calibre licences to match or else you could be in trouble with the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Lads read my initial post title I've posted calibers I have licences for ........ No need for the lesson I'm more than well enough aware of the licence requirements. I'm simply looking for vintage ammunition. Nothing is stopping me from keeping a few boxes in calibers I have licences for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

OP aside, I'm not sure you could even get a licence for a calibre to collect, you need to have a licence for a gun that fires it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

kowloon wrote: »
    OP aside, I'm not sure you could even get a licence for a calibre to collect, you need to have a licence for a gun that fires it.

That is also my interpretation. What exactly does the OP mean by rare? The implication is that however rare it might be, he nevertheless has the rifle that fires it. Hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

tac foley wrote: »
    That is also my interpretation. What exactly does the OP mean by rare? The implication is that however rare it might be, he nevertheless has the rifle that fires it. Hmmmmmm.

Vintage. Iv 12 bore cartridges that id consider collectable. Paper eleys made in and stamped galway and dublin and a few very old cartridges that the brass is actually brass. Silly i know but i like having them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Gotcha. Thanks for the explication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

tac foley wrote: »

odd ammo, ive some green box norinco 7.62x51 and some Aguila .22 from the 80s-90s? would also be looking for old 12g cartridges full length brass ones are something im definitely after

• Registered Users Posts: 39 1978 tranny

hi there i see its an old post but i have a large collection or .22 ammo from 1906 up to present and have an extensive collection of paper cartridges mainly irish and englisg not really selling but if you are looking for something in particular i may be able to help if i have a few in the collection

• Advertisement
Advertisement