Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Fees & Charges

Options
  • 23-04-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Recently moved to live in Gorey. I see that the local Credit Union, Altura is charging fees & charges like the Banks do, some as much as €5 and €10. I didn't think Credit Unions charged like that. My former cu based in Co. Meath doesn't, only a membership of €1

Because of this common bond that apply to credit unions am I restricted from joining one of the others down here that don't charge for everything.
    Are there any other credit unions close by? Any help or suggestions appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JamesEIRE

The Dasher wrote: »
    Hi
    Recently moved to live in Gorey. I see that the local Credit Union, Altura is charging fees & charges like the Banks do, some as much as €5 and €10. I didn't think Credit Unions charged like that. My former cu based in Co. Meath doesn't, only a membership of €1

Because of this common bond that apply to credit unions am I restricted from joining one of the others down here that don't charge for everything.
    Are there any other credit unions close by? Any help or suggestions appreciated
    Thanks

I was with the CU in Piltown and now with the one in Castlepollard since i work in the town but live 30 minutes away. Both of them did the 10 euro one to keep your account open. Mullingar is close to me but they didn't stop me joining the one thats farther away from me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Dasher

Thanks James EIRE, I'm checking out the other CUs in Wexford though I'd prefer not to have to travel. I like the personal touch from my last Credit Union hence my preference to deal directly if possible.

An post charges are almost as bad as Altura Spocker, thanks for the heads up there.

Advertisement