Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random thoughts on measuring Red Light Jumping

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Effects wrote: »
    I do this all the time at Georges St/Dame St junction. If you on Dame St as the lights go red you have to deal with pedestrian lights, then traffic from Georges St.
    Much easier to just get off and walk across, yielding to pedos.

Also at that scary turn at Christ Church - I'll often walk across one side with the bike, then cycle or walk across the other side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Stuck behind a bunch of cyclists this morning, three abreast wouldn't move for cars to pass for miles, eventually get to the set of ref lights the whole group of about 10 cyclists ran straight through the red light and nothing can be done.
    No way to report them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

may i remind you again that this forum is provided for cyclists to talk about cycling, not for people to come in and have a pop at cyclists about tired old topics.

also, if you couldn't pass the cyclists for 'miles' there clearly was not a passing opportunity available, even if they were two abreast, rather than your claimed three abreast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

478805.jpg

may i remind you again that this forum is provided for cyclists to talk about cycling, not for people to come in and have a pop at cyclists about tired old topics.

also, if you couldn't pass the cyclists for 'miles' there clearly was not a passing opportunity available, even if they were two abreast, rather than your claimed three abreast.

I am a cyclist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I am a cyclist

Can I play too? I have my bingo card at the ready and it's filling up from your posts on this thread.

467b4c0394ffdddcb1df06415949a248--bicycle-art-bicycle-design.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

I don't break red lights on my daily 80 km round trip..... there are none!!

what route is that?

Can I play too? I have my bingo card at the ready and it's filling up from your posts on this thread.

467b4c0394ffdddcb1df06415949a248--bicycle-art-bicycle-design.jpg

You really don't like cyclists do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You really don't like cyclists do you?

You might want to re-read your own posts in this thread. Anyone that has to qualify so many posts with "I'm a cyclist" is not a cyclist. They are an angry motorist as your posts show.

You might want to re-read your own posts in this thread.

I am a cyclist for over 50 years, I have a problem with the lack of respect for the rules of the road in the recent years by cyclist's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

I am a cyclist for over 50 years, I have a problem with the lack of respect for the rules of the road in the recent years by cyclist's.

What kind of bike do you ride? How many kilometres a week do you typically ride?

Rechuchote wrote: »
    What kind of bike do you ride? How many kilometres a week do you typically ride?

Raleigh racer have it nearly 35 years only do about 50 miles week now, but I used to double that when working

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Only cyclists? Do you frequent the motoring forum to complain about the 240,000 drivers who have penalty points for driving offences against them? And they're the ones being caught.

You've posted in the cycling forum 9 times. Once about a shop, everything else is about how they should be licenced/insured/registered or how you see hundreds break lights everyday.

You no doubt see rule breaking, but you're reverting to some serious hyperbole here and overblowing what you think you see. I see hundreds of cyclsts everyday. Out of that, I do see in the 10s break lights. I see hundreds of cars every day. Out of that I see in the 10s break lights.

3 abreast you say? Unlikely. 2 abreast from behind does look like 3 abreast though if it's a bit out of line, or on a day like today very windy were keeping formation may be difficult.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Only cyclists? Do you frequent the motoring forum to complain about the 240,000 drivers who have penalty points for driving offences against them? And they're the ones being caught.

You've posted in the cycling forum 9 times. Once about a shop, everything else is about how they should be licenced/insured/registered or how you see hundreds break lights everyday.

You no doubt see rule breaking, but you're reverting to some serious hyperbole here and overblowing what you think you see. I see hundreds of cyclsts everyday. Out of that, I do see in the 10s break lights. I see hundreds of cars every day. Out of that I see in the 10s break lights.

3 abreast you say? Unlikely. 2 abreast from behind does look like 3 abreast though if it's a bit out of line, or on a day like today very windy were keeping formation may be difficult.

This group were just being belligerent, revelling in taking over the road.

okay folks - back on topic about measuring red light jumping. i'll not be bothered explaining why further off-topic posts might be deleted.

actually, a friend of a friend works in DCC in the traffic control room; i must ask her if there's anyone in there who'd be interested in doing an AMA on boards about how traffic flow is managed in dublin, would be interesting to hear it from their point of view; and about some of the changes recently i've seen on a couple of junctions where lights have been changed from a general green to only displaying greens in specific directions.

Advertisement