Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Runaways wrote: »
    We don’t have the segregation and no go areas based on religion you have up there.
    Your siege mentality doesn’t exist here. Hard as that is for you to believe or understand

Nobody gives a flying gig what anyone’s religion is. It’s not an issue. We just all get on with it.

Mad right?

Is the siege mentality the problem?
    We’ve had a hugely different last 50-60 years of history to ROI.
    Siege mentality has well and truly set in on both sides.
    I think it’ll take a lot longer to fade away than many think.

Past can’t be undone, and is incredibly difficult for those affected to forget.
    Both sides think they’re the victim, when the real victims is everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Is the siege mentality the problem?
    We’ve had a hugely different last 50-60 years of history to ROI.
    Siege mentality has well and truly set in on both sides.
    I think it’ll take a lot longer to fade away than many think.

Past can’t be undone, and is incredibly difficult for those affected to forget.
    Both sides think they’re the victim, when the real victims is everyone.

100% agree with all of that but there isn’t a seige mentality down here at all. It’s very specific to NI and moreso the unionist community by most measures. That’ll probably only become more severe as time goes on and that’s a shame. But refusal to engage and even have a modicum of respect both sides really isn’t helping. There’s been so much hurt maybe stop keeping scores let the past lie where it belongs and move on.
    NI definitely needs to grow up and move on as a whole. Nothing whatsoever will ever be achieved in Chewing the bitter bones of the past. And I’m nit even talking about a UI just in general.

Easy for me to say I haven’t lost loved ones to violence but still, holding that grudge however immense will never bring them back.

Sorry for rambling I’m on strong meds for flu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Sinbad_NI wrote: »

Sinbad. Don’t be doing that to runaway. He was comfortable in his belief the sectarian nut jobs were all north of the border (that’s the border he doesn’t acknowledge except when he wants to try and appear non sectarian lol)

There’s two.
    So you’re saying the entire population of the republic celebrates the ira based on two (sh!thead) examples?
    Really? I don’t want to bring up the 12th and all that but ehhhhh

We’re not even at the races when it comes to sectarianism. You guys both sides are world champions at it to be honest.

It doesn’t happen down here. It wouldn’t be accepted.

That SF td in particular was torn apart the whole week after the election in the papers and the media in general.

It’s not acceptable behavior to us in any way

Do you understand that much?

So runaway what happened when a very very small number of unionist victims tried to have a wee love Ulster parade in Dublin. No doubt you non sectarian countrymen had no issues with it lol

We don’t have the segregation and no go areas based on religion you have up there.
    Your siege mentality doesn’t exist here. Hard as that is for you to believe or understand

Nobody gives a flying gig what anyone’s religion is. It’s not an issue. We just all get on with it.

Mad right?

Runaway. That’s easy to say when you’ve discriminated most prods out of the place and the rest are keeping their heads down. Love Ulster parade was a good test for your tolerance and you failed miserably. You know it is extremely rare for a parade up north to be stopped for fear of safety. But you guys had such vicious sectarianism on display it couldn’t go ahead.

• Advertisement

100% agree with all of that but there isn’t a seige mentality down here at all. It’s very specific to NI and moreso the unionist community by most measures. That’ll probably only become more severe as time goes on and that’s a shame. But refusal to engage and even have a modicum of respect both sides really isn’t helping. There’s been so much hurt maybe stop keeping scores let the past lie where it belongs and move on.
    NI definitely needs to grow up and move on as a whole. Nothing whatsoever will ever be achieved in Chewing the bitter bones of the past. And I’m nit even talking about a UI just in general.

Easy for me to say I haven’t lost loved ones to violence but still, holding that grudge however immense will never bring them back.

Sorry for rambling I’m on strong meds for flu
    So how come the last time we played you at football our fans had to be bussed direct from Belfast to the stadium. We were told it was because of the threat presented by locals in Dublin. You need tour wee bubble busted

10-15 years
    downcow wrote: »
    Sinbad. Don’t be doing that to runaway. He was comfortable in his belief the sectarian nut jobs were all north of the border (that’s the border he doesn’t acknowledge except when he wants to try and appear non sectarian lol)

You’re a special one aren’t you?

Where did I say I didn’t acknowledge the border? The one in the sea I presume you mean?
    I’m quite delighted with its surfy location actually. There are no borders on this island anymore didn’t you know?

Do keep up.

You’re a special one aren’t you?

Where did I say I didn’t acknowledge the border? The one in the sea I presume you mean?
    I’m quite delighted with its surfy location actually. There are no borders on this island anymore didn’t you know?

Do keep up.

Well you seem to think that there is a line about Dundalk and everyone north of it is sectarian and everyone south of it is super tolerant. Maybe is not the border you’re going in about.
    You are emphasising how much we have grown separate cultures. Music to my ears

10-15 years
    So runaway what happened when a very very small number of unionist victims tried to have a wee love Ulster parade in Dublin. No doubt you non sectarian countrymen had no issues with it lol

What does wee mean? I’ve checked the Oxford English Dictionary and you seem to have added an e

Queens English man, use it.

I remember that day actually. I was working in my mates bar. It wasn’t as good as the time England came to play Ireland in lansdowne and we scored first and the English fans started rioting an the game was called off then and there and the Gardai let all the normal decent fans out and kept the English hooligans in the stadium and proceeded to kick the ever living crap out of them all And then arrest them all and get then got them banned from their home teams grounds and travel banned.

Love ulster lads we’re going for that but really rather pale by comparison.

10-15 years
    Well you seem to think that there is a line about Dundalk and everyone north of it is sectarian and everyone south of it is super tolerant. Maybe is not the border you’re going in about.
    You are emphasising how much we have grown separate cultures. Music to my ears

You have a culture ?

lol

• Advertisement

Last two posts sort of tell me a lot about you and how welcome we would be in a new Ireland
    I think I will stay in owc and you guys can get on with your monocultural wee crackpot of a country
    I am soo glad I belong to the multicultural UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

You have a culture ?

lol
    Yep, burning tricolors and marching where they are not wanted:D:

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Yep, burning tricolors and marching where they are not wanted:D:

Another southerner no doubt fed sf nonsense. Not even worth a response.
    Naive or bigot. Not sure which

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Complete denial seems to be a feature of your 'culture' downcow.
    It is that activity that the poster describes which most people outside this island believes is your 'culture'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    how welcome we would be in a new Ireland

Don't fool yourselves into believing your Love Ulster parades organised by gun-running sectarian mouth-breathers will be welcome anywhere outside their allotted spaces in the northeast.

Complete denial seems to be a feature of your 'culture' downcow.
    It is that activity that the poster describes which most people outside this island believes is your 'culture'.

So Francie. Now you have broken silence. Is it the burning of tricolours you find offensive or is there more?????????????????????????????? I personally have never witnessed a tricolour being burnt.

Don't fool yourselves into believing your Love Ulster parades organised by gun-running sectarian mouth-breathers will be welcome anywhere outside their allotted spaces in the northeast.

Well it seems the shinner gun-running sectarian mouth-breathers are not only welcome in roi but elected to office. The mask slips and the sectarianism is exposed

So Francie. Now you have broken silence. Is it the burning of tricolours you find offensive or is there more?????????????????????????????? I personally have never witnessed a tricolour being burnt.

Post 5047 downcow.
    condemning the toxic offensiveness that happens around the celebration of your 'culture'?

Ask anyone in the rest of your 'big' UK what they perceive your 'culture' as.

Post 5047 downcow.

Ask anyone in the rest of your 'big' UK what they perceive your 'culture' as.

Ground it for simple minds like me Francie. I can’t work out your riddles.
    Here is an open question. Is there anyone on this thread who knows what Francie finds offensive about general loyalist parades? Someone out there must have solved his riddles. ??

Ground it for simple minds like me Francie. I can’t work out your riddles.
    Here is an open question. Is there anyone on this thread who knows what Francie finds offensive about general loyalist parades? Someone out there must have solved his riddles. ??

Keep it up downcow. We all know the conversation you don't want to have and the denial you live in.

• Advertisement

30-40 years
    Well it seems the shinner gun-running sectarian mouth-breathers are not only welcome in roi but elected to office. The mask slips and the sectarianism is exposed

I couldn't care less about people's religion. I wouldn't expect any town/city to host a Republican parade if they didn't want it so why should you expect anyone to?

I couldn't care less about people's religion. I wouldn't expect any town/city to host a Republican parade if they didn't want it so why should you expect anyone to?

Similar question to you junkyard. Define how you decide if a town wants a parade. You can bandy about nonsense that you are never taken to task on. Just clarify what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

did you ever see tv footage of the 12th celebrations? on tv

flutered wrote: »
    did you ever see tv footage of the 12th celebrations? on tv

Yous are queuing up now with the riddles. Spit it out. What is it about general loyalist parades that offend you ???

Yous are queuing up now with the riddles. Spit it out. What is it about general loyalist parades that offend you ???

Still desperately trying to drag the conversation into an alley where you can play the misunderstood victim.

Gas

30-40 years
    Define how you decide if a town wants a parade. You can bandy about nonsense that you are never taken to task on.

I get it - how dare anyone have the temerity to tell bands who commemorate unionists killers where they can and cannot march.

Those days are over and they're never coming back. It's almost as if there's no point in marching if it isn't winding up people.

30-40 years
    What is it about general loyalist parades that offend you ???

The sectarianism, the history, the goading, the marching around in circles outside a church, the holding up 5 fingers while marching by Sean Graham's bookmakers site of a unionist massacre.

That kind of shit.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-01.belfasttelegraph.co.uk%2Fopinion%2Fnews-analysis%2Farticle30664498.ece%2F6ea46%2FAUTOCROP%2Fw620%2FCOM_2014-10-15_OPI_026_33179610_I4.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

The two so-called 'leaders' of Unionism triumphantly marching down the Garvaghy Rd.

You know, the decades-and-decades of rubbing nationalists' noses in it.

so orangeman don't burn the irish flag on the 12th and want to march aloong the garvaghy road or the lower ormeau road where they are not wanted.
    Yes or No. Await your response

You should go to Specsavers, the burning of the the Irish Flag is very offensive and anyone who does it should be charged with a hate crime. Amazes me the amount of DUP/UUP members who never condemn it or "did not see it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    The sectarianism, the history, the goading, the marching around in circles outside a church, the holding up 5 fingers while marching by Sean Graham's bookmakers site of a unionist massacre.

That kind of shit.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-01.belfasttelegraph.co.uk%2Fopinion%2Fnews-analysis%2Farticle30664498.ece%2F6ea46%2FAUTOCROP%2Fw620%2FCOM_2014-10-15_OPI_026_33179610_I4.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

The two so-called 'leaders' of Unionism triumphantly marching down the Garvaghy Rd.

You know, the decades-and-decades of rubbing nationalists' noses in it.

Hey Tom, remember Holy Cross? That was something.

Downcow, can you defend the actions of loyalists towards those young children?

---

Also, I asked earlier, as to why you would need to have civil rights marches in the event if a UI and you didn't answer?

So given that you probably have no answer to that, maybe you could answer as to why Nationalists had civil rights marches in the 60s/70s

Yours in hypocrisy,

Bonnie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement