Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

People will die who don't need to. Bottom line of this 'policy'.

Boris will end up doing what everyone else is when it is too late and people will still be cheering him on.

Arlene - once again choosing the wrong side - will just deepen the sense that the only secure future for us is a united island approach.

I really am disgusted by your attitude.

Last year you were hoping for economic devastation after Brexit to convince people to vote for a united Ireland. This year, you are hoping that mass deaths of innocent people will do the same.

Pushing a united Ireland on the back of the Coronavirus is just so abhorrent that there are no words to describe it. There is always someone like you who will try to profit on the misfortune of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,264 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

Last year you were hoping for economic devastation after Brexit to convince people to vote for a united Ireland. This year, you are hoping that mass deaths of innocent people will do the same.

Pushing a united Ireland on the back of the Coronavirus is just so abhorrent that there are no words to describe it. There is always someone like you who will try to profit on the misfortune of others.

You are a sad man. No other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Thats one of the most despicable posts i have ever seen on this cesspit of a site,shame on you

Thats one of the most despicable posts i have ever seen on this cesspit of a site,shame on you

If I asked him to produce a post where I 'hoped for economic devastation' he would disappear for a week as he normally does.

Like most 'Green/FG/Green/FG...oh wait I'm Green again' style posters he's a liar.

You are a sad man. No other words.

Nothing compared to a poster who gloats at the prospect of a united Ireland being more likely because people will die from the Coronavirus as you have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

If I asked him to produce a post where I 'hoped for economic devastation' he would disappear for a week as he normally does.

Like most 'Green/FG/Green/FG...oh wait I'm Green again' style posters he's a liar.

I would love to see him giving evidence that you gloated that corona virus deaths would bring us closer to a united ireland

Nothing compared to a poster who gloats at the prospect of a united Ireland being more likely because people will die from the Coronavirus as you have done.
    You are a liar.

Produce a post from me that 'hoped for economic devastation to realise a United Ireland'.

You are a bare faced politically motivated liar.

I would love to see him giving evidence that you gloated that corona virus deaths would bring us closer to a united ireland

The poster concerned has no integrity when it comes to parties other than FG or the Greens.

You are a liar.

Produce a post from me that 'hoped for economic devastation to realise a United Ireland'.

Don’t be disingenuous like that.

You have spent the last 12 months crowing that the Tory approach to Brexit will bring a united Ireland closer. At the same time, all of the economic analysis has shown that any Brexit will be devastating for Northern Ireland and very difficult for the rest of us.

You have clearly hoped that the economic devastation of Brexit will increase the chances of a united Ireland. Now you are doing the same on the back of the Coronavirus.

You have spent the last 12 months crowing that the Tory approach to Brexit will bring a united Ireland closer. At the same time, all of the economic analysis has shown that any Brexit will be devastating for Northern Ireland and very difficult for the rest of us.

You have clearly hoped that the economic devastation of Brexit will increase the chances of a united Ireland. Now you are doing the same on the back of the Coronavirus.

I have consistently said that I DON'T THINK BREXIT IS A GOOD TIME FOR A UI REFERENDUM.

Get lost.

Like downcow you can't help revealing yourself and your sadness.

• Advertisement

I have consistently said that I DON'T THINK BREXIT IS A GOOD TIME FOR A UI REFERENDUM.

Get lost.

Again, that does not reflect the general tenor of your posts on Brexit, which are exactly as I have described them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

10-15 years
    The DUP is a dinosaur of the highest magnitude, now they willingly proceed to put many peoples lives at risk for the sake of the union. Pathetic bunch of people! United Ireland is getting nearer every day

Again, that does not reflect the general tenor of your posts on Brexit, which are exactly as I have described them.

General tenor? :D:D:D:D YOU are talking about 'general tenor of posts'????

What a self aware genius you are.

General tenor? :D:D:D:D YOU are talking about 'general tenor of posts'????

What a self aware genius you are.
    The poster concerned has no integrity when it comes to parties other than FG or the Greens.
    You are a liar.

Get lost.

Four times you have responded with personal invective rather than challenge the substance of my posts. That says it all.

Luckily for you, I have a high threshold before reporting stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    I have a high threshold before reporting stuff like that.

You have a world champion threshold for making hilariously bad predictions on SF and Irish Republicanism/Nationalism.

This must be a very difficult time for you, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    downcow wrote: »
    The British expert who spoke after Boris was the best I have heard yet. Clear rational explanation. Went so far as to say we don’t want everyone to escape it as we need to build up immunity. This is coming year after year.

Scroll down to Patrick valance and have a watch. The nations are all doing the easy thing for those in charge ie close down. Boris has taken the courageous scientific way but unfortunately sport etc has not listened to him.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51857856

You do realise that most of us have seen this and been commenting on it the last few days.

There's a reason I made my statement above. I didn't need you to come in and give me evidence as to why the British way makes sense.

We're pretty educated down here and we have a tendency to watch the news both home and abroad on a regular basis; watch videos on YouTube that inform us of what our neighbour is up to... Sometimes we even watch British TV live on our wall boxes. All hail the big giant head!

But i tell ya what DC, not one of us in this thread need you to come in and inform us of how the British way of dealing with this crisis is the correct way. Because, fúck me, it's not.

If you think having an an extra quarter of a million people dying in 2020 is a "strategy" then you're clearly off your rocker.

I certainly hope you and your loved ones aren't victims of this callousness. But if you are, you can always come to Louth County in Dundalk or Our Lady of Lourdes in Drogheda, we wouldn't turn away our fellow nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

15-20 years
    Four times you have responded with personal invective rather than challenge the substance of my posts. That says it all.

Luckily for you, I have a high threshold before reporting stuff like that.

Christ almighty, the irony is hanging out of this and trailing behind it.

There is no substance to your post, it is entirely personal invective towards Francie.

Catch yourself on, Blanch.

20-30 years
    RobMc59 wrote: »
    Have you and bonnie got some hotline to world experts or like the rest of us don't know what's the best strategy over all this?Trying to score political points over this is despicable by SF and your support of their unsubstantiated claims that the British approach is wrong is equally despicable-slipping masks is an understatement!

ONLY Britain are trying the British approach. Now, the whole world can't be wrong can they?

British exceptionalism rules the waves!

20-30 years
    riddles wrote: »
    Given that the Republic of Ireland is a fractured society where the concept of a social contract and personal responsibility have been trampled into the dirt. I think we should resolve this before talking about reunification.

Sure. Tell us more.

20-30 years

Where did you read that?

Do you think the British approach is a good idea?

• Advertisement

20-30 years

No one has done that. And you know it. Take your "disgrace" elsewhere.

20-30 years

The Tory approach literally has brought a UI closer.

It's right there in the language of the politics of today and the results of the general elections both north and south.

Seriously, what's your problem?

You don't have to vote for a UI when the border Polls' come.

Your bitterness is pathetic and shameful and colours your generally fine contributions elsewhere.

I don't know what happened to your family in 1922, but even as a grandson of a blue shirt I can't understand your attitude.

Take a walk.

20-30 years

They really aren't. You're lying.

15-20 years
    2020 UK policy... let the virus run rampant (ignoring the effect of mutation) and let the vulnerable die. It'll sort it self out.
    1845-1849 UK policy... export food from Ireland and let vulnerable starve. It'll sort itself out.

They have form.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    ONLY Britain are trying the British approach. Now, the whole world can't be wrong can they?

British exceptionalism rules the waves!

No one is using a set approach,certainly not the EU-they're all doing their own thing.Every country is in the same boat and will/is struggling to treat people when the numbers rise.
    I agree Our Lady of Lourdes in Drogheda is a good hospital but no better equipped than a British hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

You are a liar.

Francie is getting hot and bothered about feeling misunderstood. Reminds of the accusation Francie made about me a Bloody Sunday. What goes around comes around lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Where did you read that?

Do you think the British approach is a good idea?

So much hatred on here towards anything British.
    I don’t know for sure who’s got it right. I have had a very clear reasoning given by British experts as to our approach. I have honestly heard no reasoning from Irish experts, just Leo’s panic broadcast.
    What are we meant to think. Leo says close the schools for 2 weeks. Brit expert says any less than 13 week closure is pointless.
    Leo wants to stop anyone getting it. Brit expert says that’s not the object as we need to build community immunity.
    Irish are behaving like headless chickens. Brits have vaccine almost sorted.

There are some on here might even refuse the vaccine as it may be secretly impregnated with a drug to turn them into unionists lol

Brits have vaccine almost sorted.

Really?
    Where is this information from?

15-20 years
    So much hatred on here towards anything British.
    I don’t know for sure who’s got it right. I have had a very clear reasoning given by British experts as to our approach. I have honestly heard no reasoning from Irish experts, just Leo’s panic broadcast.
    What are we meant to think. Leo says close the schools for 2 weeks. Brit expert says any less than 13 week closure is pointless.
    Leo wants to stop anyone getting it. Brit expert says that’s not the object as we need to build community immunity.
    Irish are behaving like headless chickens. Brits have vaccine almost sorted.

There are some on here might even refuse the vaccine as it may be secretly impregnated with a drug to turn them into unionists lol

You're away with the fairies, Downcow. So British experts good, foreign experts bad?

What about Richard Horton, chief editor of The Lancet, who has accused the British government of playing roulette with the lives of its citizens? Former Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt might know a thing of two about how Tory policy making works,.

What about the >350 signatories to this letter to the British government, all working within scientific research within the UK? http://maths.qmul.ac.uk/~vnicosia/UK_scientists_statement_on_coronavirus_measures.pdf

Why are you so confident in the expertise of the small number of experts hooked in to defend Tory policy, but totally unswayed by the expertise of hundreds of experts who don't have the potential conflict of interest of being government spin....I mean advisors?

Perhaps rather than pulling out 'experts' as a d*ck measuring contest and seeing who's is bigger, we could both step away from the argumentum ad verecundiam and discuss the actual evidence itself.

• Advertisement

15-20 years
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Really?
    Where is this information from?

It's nonsense. Downcow is mixing up the idea of herd immunity with a vaccine.

Imperial College London are the furthest on with research into a vaccine, they've successfully treated mice and are hoping, best case scenario, they can move to human testing by June.

Absolute best case scenario, we would be looking at least a year before it would be available to patients.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement