Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I never said that they'd lose out. I began by pointing out how utterly daft your idea of infecting everyone and getting it out of the way idea was.

I never suggested infecting everyone.
    There is an unfolding disasters around jobs etc in uk and I imagine that is greater in the countries that have locked down.
    Some here are suggesting all that matters is ensuring minimum number get Covid I disagree There is a trade off Quality of life going forward is also important.

Can you not see how older age groups dying off prematurely will weaken union permenatly on demographics though??

Yes catholic and prodestant will likely die in equal numbers,but voters due to come online are proportionally much more likely to be catholic??

Kind of somewhat an obvious conclusion to draw that unionist parties will lose out??

You may be right about uup and sdlp voters being older,honestly idk,but your missing the much larger picture here,and subject of thread title

Boris johnson if he dont abandon this herd immunity nonsense will be responsible for nearly as many innocent deaths among unionist population as the pira,

You are making the assumption that lots of people are going to die who would not be dead anyway in next couple of years. I don’t agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭trashcan

downcow wrote: »
    You are making the assumption that lots of people are going to die who would not be dead anyway in next couple of years. I don’t agree.

Oh well, if they' re going to die anyway .......:rolleyes:

It is true that older people will die in much bigger numbers than young ones hence the DUP voter base will suffer much more, they also have a bigger turn out than younger voters so their deaths will be more keenly felt. I thinks it 2:1 unionist to nationalist in the over 65 range and even more pronounced in the higher age bracket. The most important thing and its something that we all forget that even if this virus lays waste to a huge number of older Unionist population they can still say that they died under the flag of the Union.

"We will never forsake the blue skies of Ulster for the grey mists of an Irish Republic" 🇬🇧

Some fairly offensive posting in the last few pages.
    I was nearly tempted to drop to the same offensive level but I will resist.

Indeed, such as "fook the elderly, they'll be dead soon anyway. "

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »
    Oh well, if they' re going to die anyway .......:rolleyes:

Spin! You know my point is not about the value of their lives but rather about the point that with or without corona, most of its victims would not be here in 4 years for next election.

Bit pathetic that you guys are hoping the death of lots of prod pensioners will enable your dream UI - where you say you will respect these people’s children. Lol
    I wouldn’t hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    Spin! You know my point is not about the value of their lives but rather about the point that with or without corona, most of its victims would not be here in 4 years for next election.

Bit pathetic that you guys are hoping the death of lots of prod pensioners will enable your dream UI - where you say you will respect these people’s children. Lol

Good thing you're not stooping to our level. In fact you're going lower.

Nobody has said anything approaching that nor in the way you have described.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

20-30 years

It is not offensive, it is just pointing out to those that seem intent on sacrificing their elders. The UK governments reaction to the virus is slipshod.
    When it becomes clear that their plans will cause mass deaths across the UK they will be concentrate resources in England to detriment of other areas of the UK. That will be the reality, in the six counties you need to protect all your elderly people regardless of background. If you find that offensive that is your problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I never suggested infecting everyone.
    There is an unfolding disasters around jobs etc in uk and I imagine that is greater in the countries that have locked down.
    Some here are suggesting all that matters is ensuring minimum number get Covid I disagree There is a trade off Quality of life going forward is also important.

You all but did to be honest.

Sounds like you're judging others by your own standards here to be honest though of course I'll stand corrected if you can quote a single post of mine where I wish death to any of NI's pensioners.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

15-20 years

Your free to disagree....but avg life expectancy is 81ish in NI....in italy they are no longer prioritising over 60s for ICUs

Your herd immunity brainwave may lead to.similar in the north??(hopefully the free state will have capacity to save some)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    Point out anywhere that I have declare my big support for brexit. You will only find posts where I explained I didn’t vote because I was neutral with a slight leaning to remaining.
    But that doesn’t suit the picture you want to paint. Everyone has to fit snuggly into big boxes for you

You were banned out of Brexit threads for mindlessly banging a propaganda drum and as with this topic couldn’t actually answer any questions instead just played dumb and did the same exact roll around poor me I don’t understand I’m trying to understand puppy roll you’re doing all throughout this thread.

I’m just baffled people haven’t just stuck you on ignore yet.

20-30 years
    Runaways wrote: »
    You were banned out of Brexit threads for mindlessly banging a propaganda drum and as with this topic couldn’t actually answer any questions instead just played dumb and did the same exact roll around poor me I don’t understand I’m trying to understand puppy roll you’re doing all throughout this thread.

If we put him on ignore we would be accused of creating an echo chamber.

I don't mind his input. I like the row. It's giving me something to do in these dull working from home times.

Runaways wrote: »

I think if you bother to read the posts that I never avoid answering questions or providing evidence to back anything I have said. If I can’t do that then I accept I was wrong and apologise.
    Now as for some others answering questions, we’ll that’s very different.

How about putting up or ****ting up -
    How about you ask me one question and I’ll answer it and then I’ll askyou one and you answer it and we’ll go forward like that. Is that scary for you!
    ....and if we are asked we’ll provide evidence to back up what we said.

20-30 years
    I think if you bother to read the posts that I never avoid answering questions or providing evidence to back anything I have said. If I can’t do that then I accept I was wrong and apologise.
    Now as for some others answering questions, we’ll that’s very different.

How about putting up or ****ting up -
    How about you ask me one question and I’ll answer it and then I’ll askyou one and you answer it and we’ll go forward like that. Is that scary for you!
    ....and if we are asked we’ll provide evidence to back up what we said.
    Sorry, it was "ethnic cleansing" that you used.

Perhaps if jm08 changed the wording you would have an issue with the substantive point of his post?

If not, I'm sure you're capable of highlighting the inaccuracies of his posts supposition of your position?

Answer these so.

I know nothing of the sort. You are the one who seems to view the elderly as expendable. I never said anything about elections, so how dare you say I'm hoping for the death of anyone. Some things are actually more important than politics. Glad you got a lol though :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

30-40 years
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    I don't want future generations having to deal with the utter shithousery visited upon us by the DUP/UUP and the Tories/UKIP. We need to remove the British Rogue State from Ireland for good, I no longer give a damn about 'Unionist fears'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    I don't want future generations having to deal with the utter shithousery visited upon us by the DUP/UUP and the Tories/UKIP. We need to remove the British Rogue State from Ireland for good, I no longer give a damn about 'Unionist fears'.

The way the EU are shaping over coronavirus,Ireland might be rejoining the UK soon,never mind a UI!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

RobMc59 wrote: »
    The way the EU are shaping over coronavirus,Ireland might be rejoining the UK soon,never mind a UI!:rolleyes:

What?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Answer these so.

Bonnie. No riddles. no more games. Ask me a straight question and i promise you will get a straight answer. Lets have no more smoke screens

• Advertisement

30-40 years

Britain is not a stable partner. I'm so glad we are in the EU.

506035.jpg

10-15 years
    What?

No unity,disagreement on strategy-even China offering to help Spain and Italy-hardly reassuring for the future of the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/14/eu-economies-divided-on-coronavirus-action

30-40 years
    No unity,disagreement on strategy-even China offering to help Spain and Italy-hardly reassuring for the future of the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/14/eu-economies-divided-on-coronavirus-action

Italy helped China in its time of need. During the financial crisis Britain went to the EU and demanded more rebates and opt-outs.

Selfish, inward-looking, clowns running your country, I'm sorry to say.

trashcan wrote: »
    I know nothing of the sort. You are the one who seems to view the elderly as expendable. I never said anything about elections, so how dare you say I'm hoping for the death of anyone. Some things are actually more important than politics. Glad you got a lol though :rolleyes:

Ok Trashcan. So I looked back and all your comments about old folk dying are clearly sarcasm. I was mixing your sarcasm up with a few other posters who seemed to be looking forward to there being a few less prods on the island

So an unreserved apology from me. I was entirely wrong

15-20 years

And what future deos the uk offer ireland

You are right in that this has weakened the EU and thank fcuk for that,they sat on their hands when spain blaggarded the people of cathalonia last year

But i think theres too much money tied up in it,to realistically see it broken up

Ah. The old EU is imploding line. Meanwhile, the British are still carrying on as if it's business as usual while the truth is becoming ever more apparent to the actual people on the ground. Ireland is better off outside the UK. If you don't believe me, look at Wales, Scotland and NI.

10-15 years
    Britain is not a stable partner. I'm so glad we are in the EU.

506035.jpg

Is that how you see the EU Tom,as a global superpower?

The world's largest and richest trading single market isn't a viable superpower candidate? That's an odd thing to say. I would have thought that this was self-evident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years

EU Countries controlling their own borders and implementing their own policies and approaches to this crisis.

It’s almost like all the brexit BS about the EU being a superstate that’s dictates to each member was exactly that. BS

• Advertisement

30-40 years

That's just an argument for greater federalisation and fiscal union which I'd like to see. We need to develop native-to-EU strategic industries such as defence and medical/pharmaceutical.

In trading terms? Yes. There is no greater conglomeration of developed nations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement