Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    RobMc59 wrote: »
    I linked that from the German government website bonnie,if you're going to be untruthful to hide your embarrassment there's no point engaging with you tbh.

Yes, that is what's happening here. You got me. :rolleyes:

20-30 years
    Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Apologies to you.

Info for others ;-)

No problem sir.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    We’re all gonna be hit horribly by this. But the UKs approach is completely and utterly stupid and destructive . And nobody anywhere will take any pleasure in that when it the death toll there goes ever upwards. But for anyone to be defending their current approach when the entire world and every other relevant expert is saying it’s insane, I just find baffling.
    There are literally no ways to take the Brit blinkers off some people. Even when there’s thousands of deaths incoming. So bizarre.

20-30 years
    Fair dues to the former SoS:

https://twitter.com/JulianSmithUK/status/1240035928623677448

---

He really was a different class compared to the other shams that the UK have proffered since 2010.

10-15 years
    Absoluty was. And knew his brief and wasn’t afraid of it.
    I hope he sticks around UK politics. He seems to have genuine integrity.
    Much needed nowadays.

• Advertisement

20-30 years
    Runaways wrote: »
    Absoluty was. And knew his brief and wasn’t afraid of it.
    I hope he sticks around UK politics. He seems to have genuine integrity.
    Much needed nowadays.

Yeah, I'd say he'll stick his head above the parapet when the current shysters are out on their ears.

10-15 years
    I don’t know what this is worth but to echo robs earlier point the british military are mobilizing it seems. This has been goin on a good while now like at least 6 months but you’d wonder with the Russians flying down our coast too.
    Hopefully just exercises. But the brexit yellow hammer of it all was bad enough and now this virus suggests otherwise

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/army-puts-20000-troops-on-standby-to-assist-in-coronavirus-crisis-a4391416.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1584574590

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

20-30 years
    downcow wrote: »
    Quite.
    And Randox based in the UK (in my wee country) has a 4 hour in situ test developed in last number of days which is now being used in China and will soon be rolled out across Europe I believe uk will also crack antibody test one next few days which will be greatest breakthrough as we’ll know which nhs workers etc are safe around Covid patient.
    The eu may be thankfull uk got the virus and developed the vaccine, the quick test and the antibody test.
    Our boys are coming to the rescue lol

Em, these two Irish lads have developed a 15 minute test! A consignment is ready for the end of the week.

Seems it will be initially used for testing front line staff (and they have distributors all over the world).

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-company-create-coronavirus-testing-kit-can-confirm-infection-15-minutes-181738

Just so you know DC - 50% of the world's ventilators are manufactured south of the border.

Edit: By the way, Randox Research and Development is in Donegal which is not in ''your wee country'' :)
    https://www.randox.com/careers-donegal/

20-30 years
    jm08 wrote: »
    Em, these two Irish lads have developed a 15 minute test! A consignment is ready for the end of the week.

Seems it will be initially used for testing front line staff (and they have distributors all over the world).

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-company-create-coronavirus-testing-kit-can-confirm-infection-15-minutes-181738

Just so you know DC - 50% of the world's ventilators are manufactured south of the border.

What we should do now is gloat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

20-30 years
    So you are`nt concerned about key workers like nurses,doctors,ambulance staff,Gardai etc not having to worry about who is looking after their children when they do their jobs?

I think the plan is for creche staff / childminders who are now out of a job to look after the children of front line staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Honestly, I read through your post last night with a quick glance. Failed to see the point you were after and decided I would answer it in due course when other pressing matters were attended to and allowed me. Steady old boy. You'll get your answer.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

jm08 wrote: »

Edit: By the way, Randox Research and Development is in Donegal which is not in ''your wee country'' :)
    https://www.randox.com/careers-donegal/

No idea which of Randox’s sites developed the test or where it’s manufactured. Probably across several sites as is the modern world.

I just wish they’d buy the bloody things and use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

15-20 years
    No idea which of Randox’s sites developed the test or where it’s manufactured. Probably across several sites as is the modern world.

I just wish they’d buy the bloody things and use them.

That's the Pharma industry for you, though Randox are HQed in Crumlin, I'd be very surprised if it was one standalone team who did all this on one site. It does take a special kind of petty to gloat and try and take some sort of reflected credit for it alright.

I don't care if advancements come from Donegal, Crumlin or from the local Orange Hall, we're all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years

Shameful post

10-15 years
    Shameful post

You really missed his point. Was referring to downcow s gloating that it was coming from ‘his wee country’.

Also. Donegal isn’t in his ‘wee country’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

15-20 years
    Shameful post

A bit of tunnel vision there, Rob?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Ulster Says No. It will never happen
    I won't even link to Owen Polley's reckless journalism in the Newsletter. Unreal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Granadino wrote: »
    I won't even link to Owen Polley's reckless journalism in the Newsletter. Unreal stuff.

I don't know what to say about that.

Sometimes people may have to be saved from themselves.

10-15 years

Let me guess.

It’s all nationalists fault.

20-30 years
    downcow wrote: »
    Quite.
    And Randox based in the UK (in my wee country) has a 4 hour in situ test developed in last number of days which is now being used in China and will soon be rolled out across Europe I believe uk will also crack antibody test one next few days which will be greatest breakthrough as we’ll know which nhs workers etc are safe around Covid patient.
    The eu may be thankfull uk got the virus and developed the vaccine, the quick test and the antibody test.
    Our boys are coming to the rescue lol

This post were someone actually gloated is not shameful^^^^

So much so you thanked it.

This is shameful^^^^
    Shameful post

Rob isn't reading posts again.

• Advertisement

20-30 years

Now I'm gonna have to go look for it. Thanks. :P

Sure, when Newton Emerson is having a meltdown you know that Unionism is screwed.

Even DC would struggle with these mental acrobatics.

https://twitter.com/NewtonEmerson/status/1240327130518556673

20-30 years
    So I read Polley's diatribe, now that is something!

I won't link to it or post the full thing here, it's easily found, but it had this cracker of a line in it:
    [Nationalists] don’t care about science or facts — they will bend the evidence to their desired outcome.

I give you Edwin Poots:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/11/northern-ireland-edwin-poots-creationist-anti-gay

So I read Polley's diatribe, now that is something!

I won't link to it or post the full thing here, it's easily found, but it had this cracker of a line in it:

I give you Edwin Poots:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/11/northern-ireland-edwin-poots-creationist-anti-gay

We've flat earth religious crazies on one side.

Terrorists and/ or terrorist supporters on the other.

Take your pick. Personally I pick neither.

20-30 years
    We've flat earth religious crazies on one side.

Terrorists and/ or terrorist supporters on the other.

Take your pick. Personally I pick neither.

I'm picking the best result for people and not a blind loyalty to bad decisions just because they're wrapped up in a Butcher's Apron which is what Unionists and Unionism has done all week.

I'm picking the best result for people and not a blind loyalty to bad decisions just because they're wrapped up in a Butcher's Apron which is what Unionists and Unionism has done all week.

Was more of a general statement as to our "politician leaders" credentials :-)

Thankfully Westminster seems to finally be coping on as to what's needed. My confidence is starting to improve in that regard.
    Just wish they'd change the testing strategy.

Think that's SF going into Stormont earlier.

10-15 years
    Think that's SF going into Stormont earlier.

Arlene recently met with the uda or udf leadership before heading to downing st. She also takes her orders from the orange order.

Blaming Sinn Fein on everything will only get you so far. Look at FGs results in the election for evidence of that.

Runaways wrote: »
    Arlene recently met with the uda or udf leadership before heading to downing st. She also takes her orders from the orange order.

Blaming Sinn Fein on everything will only get you so far. Look at FGs results in the election for evidence of that.

I don't blame them for everything.
    I do blame them for what they have done and supported in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Honestly, I read through your post last night with a quick glance. Failed to see the point you were after and decided I would answer it in due course when other pressing matters were attended to and allowed me. Steady old boy. You'll get your answer.

interesting - the guy that claimed i didn't answer questions is still not keeping to his word. Surprise surprise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement