Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    downcow wrote: »
    When we look back on this in a years time, the normal average death rate will have been maintained in both jurisdictions. It will have been unaffected by Covid 19

That is the current mortality rate in both from corona downcow

Jesus wept you are something else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

:D:D:D Sorry. I can't fecking believe somebody presented a ballad as evidence. Just sayin'. :):)

:D:D:D Wel you haven't even presented so much as a ballard yet as evidence for Loughinisland
    But no doubt you will answer the question and make me eat my words:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Was just in the garage there tinkering.
    Must have got a bit of dust in my throat or something. Coughed a few times and def scratchy for a minute after coming out.
    Completely gone in 2 mins and am happy that's all it was.

It's been a long time since I've felt as vulnerable as that. Scary.

Can't imagine how terrifying must be for the older generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Could you gives us all even a few tiny shreads of the evidence that has been presented for collusion in Loughinisland? I can't remember who, but there were a few posters on here talking about it as if it was a done deal - maybe they will help you!

Watch 'No Stone Unturned', make your own mind up.

Some of you will be pleased to hear Boris now has it. He may go stay with Charlie for a few days https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

• Advertisement

Watch 'No Stone Unturned', make your own mind up.

Here we go again. Same old same old.
    You just give us a few tiny shreds of evidence out of it?. I am not really into watching fiction - no matter how well it is put together, it doesn't become fact.

So just a few we snippets rather than as us to watch a 1 hour propaganda video

Come on Francie you only have to do better than a ballad :D

Here we go again. Same old same old.
    You just give us a few tiny shreds of evidence out of it?. I am not really into watching fiction - no matter how well it is put together, it doesn't become fact.

So just a few we snippets rather than as us to watch a 1 hour propaganda video

Come on Francie you only have to do better than a ballad :D

downcow...I am not trying to 'convince' you of anything in relation to Loughlinisland.

You believe whatever the feck you want to believe about it.

'Not into fiction' says the boyo who presented a rebel band ballad as 'evidence'...:) :):) Priceless...and it's still early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    But if I was you I would hold your fire until the dust settles.

Oh don't you worry your Union Flag underpants DC, I'll be at the front of the queue to criticise our Government.

What you need to concern yourself with is the population in the north and how they'll compare the responses, the future of your 'precious union' might depend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    downcow...I am not trying to 'convince' you of anything in relation to Loughlinisland.

'Not into fiction' says the boyo who presented a rebel band ballad as 'evidence'...:) :):) Priceless...and it's still early.

Us Brits have no focal at all

More breaking news folks!

Francie has done it again. Refuses to answer a simple question. Wants us to go away and watch a wolly pr film and yet cannot produce one tiny bit of evidence that there was any collusion whatsoever in Loughinisland. And yet regards the evidence that i gave as insufficient

So Francie you have summed up 'No Stone Unturned' for those that can't be bothered watching it ie there is not one single piece of hard evidence in the entire programme, and that following years of work by researchers.
    and this is one of the most high profile claims of collusion, and Francie you have deconstructed it in a few posts.

So for those that are interested - There is some evidence that one of the actors in Loughinisland massacre was an informer, but an unreliable one that only passed occasional info - that is the extent of the collusion.
    If this is collusion then there was collusion involved and a very large number of IRA attacks as they were equally riddled with informers

• Advertisement

More breaking news folks!

Francie has done it again. Refuses to answer a simple question. Wants us to go away and watch a wolly pr film and yet cannot produce one tiny bit of evidence that there was any collusion whatsoever in Loughinisland. And yet regards the evidence that i gave as insufficient

What 'evidence' did you give again downcow?

1. The word of the British Army, for whom the PM of Britain has previously had to apologise for...after 40 years of cover-up and lying.

2. The word of a Unionist newspaper. (some would say staunch Unionist newspaper in 1974)

3. A rebel ballad.

I could present similar in relation to Loughlinisland and claim it was a shut and closed case:

1. The word of an IRA soldier

2. An article in An Phoblacht

3. A ballad.

But I wouldn't do that, I know, that it is an 'allegation' and that, just like the families of those killed on Bloody Sunday, the families of the victims will keep at their campaign for justice and the truth.

What 'evidence' did you give again downcow?

1. The word of the British Army, for whom the PM of Britain has previously had to apologise for...after 40 years of cover-up and lying.

2. The word of a Unionist newspaper. (some would say staunch Unionist newspaper in 1974)

3. A rebel ballad.

I could present similar in relation to Loughlinisland and claim it was a shut and closed case:

1. The word of an IRA soldier

2. An article in An Phoblacht

3. A ballad.

But I wouldn't do that, I know, that it is an 'allegation' and that, just like the families of those killed on Bloody Sunday, the families of the victims will keep at their campaign for justice and the truth.

Thats fine, we are all honkey Dorey then.
    I would completely agree with you that there is zero evidence of either. So lets consign 'No Stone Unturned' to where it belongs ie the fiction section, and lets stop putting blemishes on the RUC over Loughinisland.

Lets also go with the family's version of what happened their son (the sniper Magorrian) ie that he was on Active Service - whatever that is.

Sorted! it took us a while but we got there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

10-15 years
    Thats fine, we are all honkey Dorey then.
    I would completely agree with you that there is zero evidence of either. So lets consign 'No Stone Unturned' to where it belongs ie the fiction section, and lets stop putting blemishes on the RUC over Loughinisland.

Lets also go with the family's version of what happened their son (the sniper Magorrian) ie that he was on Active Service - whatever that is.

Sorted! it took us a while but we got there

I'm going to take your silence as acceptance that the british side killed over 1,000 innocents. Hopefully, you won't doubt the CAIN website again. :)

timhenn wrote: »
    I'm going to take your silence as acceptance that the british side killed over 1,000 innocents. Hopefully, you won't doubt the CAIN website again. :)

I haven’t got around to responding but I will. I can’t even remember all the stuff I was waiting on an answer from you though

And just clarify what you mean by the British side. But all sides killed too many innocents

10-15 years
    I haven’t got around to responding but I will. I can’t even remember all the stuff I was waiting on an answer from you though

No, you won't. You'll just have to accept that the british side targetted innocents and killed over 1,000 of them.

10-15 years
    And just clarify what you mean by the British side. But all sides killed too many innocents

The uvf/b specials/british armed forces etc etc. They all teamed up together to murder and torture the Nationalist community.

The uvf/b specials/british armed forces etc etc. They all teamed up together to murder and torture the Nationalist community.

So can I assume the Irish side include PIRA, guards, cira, inla, iplo, farc, Libya etc ?

10-15 years
    So can I assume the Irish side include PIRA, guards, cira, inla, iplo, farc, Linus, etc ?

You can if you want. Still won't change the fact that the british side targetted civilians in the main. While the PIRA stuck with military targets for the most part. Thems the facts.

You try to make it very simplistic. It misses that some ira teamed up with various part of you Brit side. Eg murder of john Mcmichael ira & UDA teamed up. Whose side would you put stakeknife and M McG, etc on?

• Advertisement

10-15 years
    You try to make it very simplistic. It misses that some ira teamed up with various part of you Brit side. Eg murder of john Mcmichael ira & UDA teamed up. Whose side would you put stakeknife and M McG, etc on?

Are we going to have to go down the road of you trying to prove the CAIN website wrong and failing miserably again?

10-15 years
    So can I assume the Irish side include PIRA, guards, cira, inla, iplo, farc, Libya etc ?

Helping FARC is what finally brought the US to it's senses and it stopped supporting them- which brought them to heel, forcing them to stop their campaign of murdering kids and kidnapping and murdering innocent women

10-15 years
    RobMc59 wrote: »
    Helping FARC is what finally brought the US to it's senses and it stopped supporting them- which brought them to heel, forcing them to stop their campaign of murdering kids and kidnapping and murdering innocent women

You describing the british campaign there? Murdering kids was something the british side were known for. They also murdered over 1,000 innocents including many women.

You can if you want. Still won't change the fact that the british side targetted civilians in the main. While the PIRA stuck with military targets for the most part. Thems the facts.

Of the 500+ civilians they murdered, less than 10% were loyalist paramilitaries. A shocking statistic.

10-15 years
    I used to feel sorry for James Mcclean over all the stick he got but the gobsh*te deserves it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52067126

10-15 years
    Of the 500+ civilians they murdered, less than 10% were loyalist paramilitaries. A shocking statistic.

The PIRA killed over 1,000 members of the british armed forces. While the british side killed over 1,000 innocents. The facts speak for themselves. Have a look at the CAIN website if you're in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    I used to feel sorry for James Mcclean over all the stick he got but the gobsh*te deserves it.

I mean, when it's passive aggressive like this:
    BBC wrote:
    McClean is from Londonderry*, where British soldiers shot civilian protestors [sic] during Bloody Sunday in 1972.

Do you not get WHY Nationalists and republicans think that the British state and its citizens don't get it?

*NB. There was (is?) a rule at the BBC that says that in all articles and broadcasts about Derry that it is referred to as Londonderry in the first instance and then referred to as Derry for the rest of the piece. However, in this case it would appear to be needlessly provocative.

Like this famous "gaffe"... https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bbc-gaffe-as-derry-gaa-is-referred-to-as-londonderry-36545035.html

He couldn’t surprise. A nasty piece of work and a car crash waiting to happen.
    I am sooo glad he is nowhere near the ni team.

10-15 years
    I mean, when it's passive aggressive like this:

Do you not get WHY Nationalists and republicans think that the British state and its citizens don't get it?

*NB. There was (is?) a rule at the BBC that says that in all articles and broadcasts about Derry that it is referred to as Londonderry in the first instance and then referred to as Derry for the rest of the piece. However, in this case it would appear to be needlessly provocative.

Like this famous "gaffe"... https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bbc-gaffe-as-derry-gaa-is-referred-to-as-londonderry-36545035.html
    So bonnie,you support him dressing up like a terrorist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    So bonnie,you support him dressing up like a terrorist?

Is that what you gleaned from my post? Quelle suprise.

I haven't seen the tweet in question. Though it seems rather idiotic tbh.

I'll comment on it when I do see it. Not that it will sate your desire to pile in on Nationalism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement