Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Da fuk was he thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    Thats fine, we are all honkey Dorey then.
    I would completely agree with you that there is zero evidence of either. So lets consign 'No Stone Unturned' to where it belongs ie the fiction section, and lets stop putting blemishes on the RUC over Loughinisland.

Lets also go with the family's version of what happened their son (the sniper Magorrian) ie that he was on Active Service - whatever that is.

Sorted! it took us a while but we got there

Aw jaysus downcow is claiming another 'wee victory for the wee country'. :):)

I said 'No Stone Unturned' contains the evidence on which you can form an opinion.

As I AM NOT TRYING to convince you of anything in regards Loughlinisland (YOU introduced it) I couldn't care less what a Loyalist who has never accepted responsibility for anything thinks of Loughlinisland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

20-30 years
    imagexx.png
    upload picture to get url

Was looking at this image yesterday and thinking about the demographic changes that have taken place in Ireland over the past 100 years since the sectarian head count that partitioned the island. It is one way traffic that is not stopping.

It's pretty obvious now that the older age demographic of the loyalist population of Ireland will have a big impact on politics over the next short few years. The southern population is younger than the 6 county population and within the 6 county population nationalists have a much younger age profile.

As you can see from the map the older age profile is mostly where Loyalism holds political sway. The younger age profile is where republican politics are strong. We cannot have a head in the sand attitude to these coming changes as those in support of the union fade and are replaced by those that want a unified Island.
    We need to move now to plan for the inevitable coming united Ireland , we cannot allow Loyalist to keep their head in the sand, they need to recognise that the future is coming fast and steady. Only a fool would look at the evidence and not see the truth.

McClean has to be criticised for enflaming, it was a bit silly.

But I did laugh at his send up of the thugs that torment him as he goes about his work.

Reminded me of the earlier meme here about parents in Armagh and Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    Is that what you gleaned from my post? Quelle suprise.

I haven't seen the tweet in question. Though it seems rather idiotic tbh.

I'll comment on it when I do see it. Not that it will sate your desire to pile in on Nationalism.
    That's not the case,I didn't agree with his stance over the poppy on the shirt saga(many Irish players who make a living in British football wear it)but respected his right not to-I also thought people threatening him etc was a disgrace but after this incident it's his own fault if he gets stick over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    RobMc59 wrote: »
    That's not the case,I didn't agree with his stance over the poppy on the shirt saga(many Irish players who make a living in British football wear it)but respected his right not to-I also thought people threatening him etc was a disgrace but after this incident it's his own fault if he gets stick over it.

Why should where he earns his crust matter whether he wears the poppy or not?

I mean, if the chap was at home in Ireland playing in the Irish League for Crues or Cliftonville and didn't wear it would you feel the same way?

10-15 years

I mean, if the chap was at home in Ireland playing in the Irish League for Crues or Cliftonville and didn't wear it would you feel the same way?

He isn't though bonnie so why would I comment on a hypothetical situation? Do keep up and don't make ludicrous comments.

20-30 years

He isn't though bonnie so why would I comment on a hypothetical situation? Do keep up and don't make ludicrous comments.

Answer my question. You managed to skip over that part.

Someone as au fait with Ireland as yourself would know that Crusaders and Cliftonville play in the Irish League which is the soccer league for the six counties. When you say "...make a living in British football..." do you mean England? Britain? The UK? That's why I asked. It's important for me to know where you stand.

When McClean is criticised for "coming over 'ere and earning the Queen's shilling" surely as avowed unionists you wouldn't consider him "coming over" anywhere as he is from Derry after all?

Sorry, I'm just trying to see your POV.

So, in case you missed it and want to engage in more whataboutery with what I said above, why should where he earns his crust matter whether he wears the poppy or not?

Someone as au fait with Ireland as yourself would know that Crusaders and Cliftonville play in the Irish League which is the soccer league for the six counties. When you say "...make a living in British football..." do you mean England? Britain? The UK? That's why I asked. It's important for me to know where you stand.

When McClean is criticised for "coming over 'ere and earning the Queen's shilling" surely as avowed unionists you wouldn't consider him "coming over" anywhere as he is from Derry after all?

So, in case you missed it and want to engage in more whataboutery with what I said above, why should where he earns his crust matter whether he wears the poppy or not?

Rob is hoist by his own petard agin! :)

10-15 years

Have you been on the Jameson's bonnie?I didn't say anything like you're suggesting in your embarrassingly pompous post and your demand that I answer your hypothetical question is hilarious as you disappear everytime Downcow wipes the floor with you or your oppo francie. :D

• Advertisement

Have you been on the Jameson's bonnie?I didn't say anything like you're suggesting in your embarrassingly pompous post and your demand that I answer your hypothetical question is hilarious as you disappear everytime Downcow wipes the floor with you or your oppo francie. :D

downcow is away writing a 'ballad' to celebrate his many 'victories'. :)

Reminds me of Blackadder sending up British superiority\;

'Napolean was sweeping Europe and Baldrick was sweeping the cellar'. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Aw jaysus downcow is claiming another 'wee victory for the wee country'. :):)

I said 'No Stone Unturned' contains the evidence on which you can form an opinion.

As I AM NOT TRYING to convince you of anything in regards Loughlinisland (YOU introduced it) I couldn't care less what a Loyalist who has never accepted responsibility for anything thinks of Loughlinisland.

Well you keep refusing to tell me what the evidence is. So I will assume there is none.
    In future when you don’t answer question I will assume it’s because you can’t without proving yourself wrong.

All I wanted was a titsy bitsy piece of evidence because I know of zero.

imagexx.png
    upload picture to get url

Was looking at this image yesterday and thinking about the demographic changes that have taken place in Ireland over the past 100 years since the sectarian head count that partitioned the island. It is one way traffic that is not stopping.

It's pretty obvious now that the older age demographic of the loyalist population of Ireland will have a big impact on politics over the next short few years. The southern population is younger than the 6 county population and within the 6 county population nationalists have a much younger age profile.

As you can see from the map the older age profile is mostly where Loyalism holds political sway. The younger age profile is where republican politics are strong. We cannot have a head in the sand attitude to these coming changes as those in support of the union fade and are replaced by those that want a unified Island.
    We need to move now to plan for the inevitable coming united Ireland , we cannot allow Loyalist to keep their head in the sand, they need to recognise that the future is coming fast and steady. Only a fool would look at the evidence and not see the truth.

Only problem is that you are narrowing it down to a sectarian headcount when in fact polls in ni show support for UI is decreasing.
    It must completely piss you off when you have work for 40 years to be the religious majority only to find out that more and more of your religion is choosing a future outside a UI. You backed the wrong horse lol

10-15 years
    downcow is away writing a 'ballad' to celebrate his many 'victories'. :)

Reminds me of Blackadder sending up British superiority\;

'Napolean was sweeping Europe and Baldrick was sweeping the cellar'. :):)

And we all know what happened to Napoleon when he met one of Ireland`s greatest heroes, the Iron Duke of Wellington.

Well you keep refusing to tell me what the evidence is. So I will assume there is none.
    In future when you don’t answer question I will assume it’s because you can’t without proving yourself wrong.

All I wanted was a titsy bitsy piece of evidence because I know of zero.

What ridiculous nonsense are you spouting now?

Of course there is 'evidence' there almost always is in these cases.

It is how you interpret evidence is the issue.

For instance in Bloody Sunday...Widjery interpreted the evidence to find the British Army innocent of wrongdoing...another subsequent court found them guilty.

So as it is an on-going campaign, find the 'evidence' yourself (it is all out there) and interpret it yourself.

As I KEEP telling you...I have no interest in what a Loyalist 'thinks' happened there...NONE whatsoever.

And we all know what happened to Napoleon when he met one of Ireland`s greatest heroes, the Iron Duke of Wellington.

Hmmm.... I think you and downcow were the 'Baldrick' of that spake Rob.

What ridiculous nonsense are you spouting now?

Of course there is 'evidence' there almost always is in these cases.

It is how you interpret evidence is the issue.

For instance in Bloody Sunday...Widjery interpreted the evidence to find the British Army innocent of wrongdoing...another subsequent court found them guilty.

So as it is an on-going campaign, find the 'evidence' yourself (it is all out there) and interpret it yourself.

As I KEEP telling you...I have no interest in what a Loyalist 'thinks' happened there...NONE whatsoever.

So we have reached another conclusion. We are flying now.

Result. Francie cannot give downcow one single shred of evidence to support collusion in loughinisland case.

.....and obviously his mates can’t help him either.

20-30 years
    Only problem is that you are narrowing it down to a sectarian headcount when in fact polls in ni show support for UI is decreasing.
    It must completely piss you off when you have work for 40 years to be the religious majority only to find out that more and more of your religion is choosing a future outside a UI. You backed the wrong horse lol

So then you have nothing to worry about.

10-15 years
    Hmmm.... I think you and downcow were the 'Baldrick' of that spake Rob.

As opposed to you and bonnie `Dumb and dumber` :rolleyes:

So then you have nothing to worry about.

Exactly. My point all along.

• Advertisement

20-30 years

What world is this?

---

I'll try again-

This was your post:

You said: "I didn't agree with his over the poppy on the shirt saga"

You also said: "many Irish players who make a living in British football wear it"

Now, call me crazy, but that to me looks somewhat like a correlation.

I read that post as you saying "His stance regarding the poppy is invalid in my eyes, as there are many Irish players making a living in British football who have no issues in wearing them as part of their football kit".

So, I decided to find out why you don't agree with his stance, and I also wanted to know why his place of work is relevant to said stance?

---

So I'll ask again:

1. Why don't you agree with his stance regarding the wearing of the poppy?

2. Why does it matter where his place of work is with regard to this stance?

20-30 years
    Exactly. My point all along.

You had a point?

20-30 years

Result. Francie cannot give downcow one single shred of evidence to support collusion in loughinisland case.

The Ombudsman stated that there was no evidence of prior knowledge of the attack however they did agree that there was collusion between the RUC and the UVF.

What the hell do you want?

Why do you enjoy painting yourself as stupid?

Read SLOWLY:

Francie did NOT bring Loughlinisland into the conversation.
    Francie HAS NO interest in trying to persuade the closed mind of a Loyalist. Ever.
    Francie has no problem with what downcow WANTS to believe about British Army shootings or Loyalist massacres.
    Francie says: Knock your self out.

And finally Francie says, you missed a bit when you were sweeping the floor there!

10-15 years
    What world is this?

---

I'll try again-

This was your post:

You said: "I didn't agree with his over the poppy on the shirt saga"

You also said: "many Irish players who make a living in British football wear it"

Now, call me crazy, but that to me looks somewhat like a correlation.

I read that post as you saying "His stance regarding the poppy is invalid in my eyes, as there are many Irish players making a living in British football who have no issues in wearing them as part of their football kit".

So, I decided to find out why you don't agree with his stance, and I also wanted to know why his place of work is relevant to said stance?

---

So I'll ask again:

1. Why don't you agree with his stance regarding the wearing of the poppy?

2. Why does it matter where his place of work is with regard to this stance?
    1.You never asked me about his stance regarding the wearing of the poppy except in your hypothetical rambling.
    2.Beyond pointing out he makes a living in British football I passed no other comment.
    You`re tripping yourself up again bonnie,like you did over the Robert Koch institute which you tried to say was a `dodgy`website and not a bona fide German government department.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

A United Ireland would only empower SF and make them the largest party on the island. 80% of voters in Darndale voted for SF. So if you want the entire country to look like Darndale (or the alternative future from Back to the Future 2), then by all means vote for a United Ireland .

20-30 years
    1.You never asked me about his stance regarding the wearing of the poppy except in your hypothetical rambling.

Oh my GOD!
    2.Beyond pointing out he makes a living in British football I passed no other comment.

I mean, you can't be that obtuse AND ignorant?
    You`re tripping yourself up again bonnie,like you did over the Robert Koch institute which you tried to say was a `dodgy`website and not a bona fide German government department.

Yes, that's what happened. :rolleyes: Little victories Rob.

Now that you've gotten the deflection out of the way... we'll try again.

---

Statement of Fact: RobMc59 does not agree with James McClean's stance regarding the poppy.

Question from BonnieSituation: Why?

20-30 years
    A United Ireland would only empower SF and make them the largest party on the island. 80% of voters in Darndale voted for SF. So if you want the entire country to look like Darndale (or the alternative future from Back to the Future 2), then by all means vote for a United Ireland .

Yes. That is exactly what will happen.

You're not suggesting that the votes of one citizen are worth less or more than another are you?

The Ombudsman stated that there was no evidence of prior knowledge of the attack however they did agree that there was collusion between the RUC and the UVF.

What the hell do you want?

So tell me more. If there was no prior knowledge of the attack then how could there possibly have been collusion? Its a serious question, if you can help me understand the contradiction in that statement?

Francie - just a wee tiny bit. In fairness to Bonnie, she is trying and may crack it in her next post

• Advertisement

Why do you enjoy painting yourself as stupid?

Read SLOWLY:

Francie did NOT bring Loughlinisland into the conversation.
    Francie HAS NO interest in trying to persuade the closed mind of a Loyalist. Ever.
    Francie has no problem with what downcow WANTS to believe about British Army shootings or Loyalist massacres.
    Francie says: Knock your self out.

And finally Francie says, you missed a bit when you were sweeping the floor there!

And Francie says, “This is what i do when I have no evidence and have been caught on”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement