Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Oh my GOD!

I mean, you can't be that obtuse AND ignorant?

Yes, that's what happened. :rolleyes: Little victories Rob.

Now that you've gotten the deflection out of the way... we'll try again.

---

Statement of Fact: RobMc59 does not agree with James McClean's stance regarding the poppy.

Question from BonnieSituation: Why?

James McLean is simply a very nasty piece of work, best given a very wide birth.

Am I correct that every single club he has been to so far has banned him from twitter because of his sectarianism

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Yes. That is exactly what will happen.

You're not suggesting that the votes of one citizen are worth less or more than another are you?

You want the government to give you free stuff. Let's not pretend you and your ilk are some upstanding citizens. 80% of Darndale voted SF...that place where they burn cars for the giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    James McLean is simply a very nasty piece of work, best given a very wide birth.

Am I correct that every single club he has been to so far has banned him from twitter because of his sectarianism

McClean was sending up the sectarian idiots that torment him.

Not a good idea but still funny and bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    So tell me more. If there was no prior knowledge of the attack then how could there possibly have been collusion? Its a serious question, if you can help me understand the contradiction in that statement?

Francie - just a wee tiny bit. In fairness to Bonnie, she is trying and may crack it in her next post

Oh lord

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    Oh my GOD!

I mean, you can't be that obtuse AND ignorant?

Yes, that's what happened. :rolleyes: Little victories Rob.

Now that you've gotten the deflection out of the way... we'll try again.

---

Statement of Fact: RobMc59 does not agree with James McClean's stance regarding the poppy.

Question from BonnieSituation: Why?
    I said I don't agree with his stance regarding the poppy but respect his right to choose.Beyond that its not worth discussing it with you as you and I obviously don't see eye to eye about certain matters and probably never will.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    A United Ireland would only empower SF and make them the largest party on the island. 80% of voters in Darndale voted for SF. So if you want the entire country to look like Darndale (or the alternative future from Back to the Future 2), then by all means vote for a United Ireland .

You’ve clearly never been to Northern Ireland.
    Darndale is palatial by comparison to most of it.
    It’s an utter sh!thole for the most part.

Runaways wrote: »
    You’ve clearly never been to Northern Ireland.
    Darndale is palatial by comparison to most of it.
    It’s an utter sh!thole for the most part.

More subjective nonsense.
    What’s your criteria for declaring ni a ****hole?

10-15 years
    More subjective nonsense.
    What’s your criteria for declaring ni a ****hole?

It’s infested Sectarian ****ehawks on both sides Like yourself and I dunno if you’ve ever been to Belfast. Best thing for it would to be level it and start over. It’s an utter kip with not one redeeming feature I can think of other than the road out if it.

So to sum up the last few days.

A declaration that 8 of the Protestant shops bombed in castlewellan were owned by udr members.
    Zero evidence produced and won’t tell us why he thinks that.

Allegations of collusion in loughinisland massacre.
    Zero evidence produced and tells us to watch a movie

Claim that if deaths caused by Brit security forces were replicated across the USA they would amount to 1 million.
    Zero evidence produced and refuses to post his calculations.

Claim that ira were non-sectarian and focused on military targets.
    No explanation why such a high percentage of all those they killed were Protestant, why almost all bombing targets were Protestant, and why their percentage of ‘the other religion’ killed was far greater than most paramilitary groupS including the notoriously sectarian UDA

Unfortunately many of the preposterous claims on here, without evidence, makes the Beano more reliable reading.

It’s infested Sectarian ****ehawks on both sides Like yourself and I dunno if you’ve ever been to Belfast. Best thing for it would to be level it and start over. It’s an utter kip with not one redeeming feature I can think of other than the road out if it.

If I was you then I would be a strong supporter of partition. Lol.
    No logic to wanting to unite with those northern ****wits

• Advertisement

A declaration that 8 of the Protestant shops bombed in castlewellan were owned by udr members.
    Zero evidence produced and won’t tell us why he thinks that.

Allegations of collusion in loughinisland massacre.
    Zero evidence produced and tells us to watch a movie

Claim that if deaths caused by Brit security forces were replicated across the USA they would amount to 1 million.
    Zero evidence produced and refuses to post his calculations.

Claim that ira were non-sectarian and focused on military targets.
    No explanation why such a high percentage of all those they killed were Protestant, why almost all bombing targets were Protestant, and why their percentage of ‘the other religion’ killed was far greater than most paramilitary groupS including the notoriously sectarian UDA

Unfortunately many of the preposterous claims on here, without evidence, makes the Beano more reliable reading.

Wow...just wow.

Yet another 'feeling sorry for himself' post with NO EVIDENCE of the words Unionist and Loyalist.

Case rested.

Wow...just wow.

Yet another 'feeling sorry for himself' post with NO EVIDENCE of the words Unionist and Loyalist.

Case rested.

Unless I am mistaken i don’t think I used the words Republican or Nationalist either. So I’m not sure what your point is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Just wondering; Some high ranking health professional was on the RTE news last week being pressed on an 'all island' approach to the Covid crisis, and there was much talk about this as if it was imminent, "oh yes we'll make sure the North is in line with our response"....
    but nothing happened :cool:

How come NI is still within the UK/NHS system, when so much has been promised to bring their response to Covid into line withe the Republic?

Unless I am mistaken i don’t think I used the words Republican or Nationalist either. So I’m not sure what your point is.

Because your goal is as transparent as glass.

You want to be able to play the victim. And take zero responsibility for what happened.

Just wondering; Some high ranking health professional was on the RTE news last week being pressed on an 'all island' approach to the Covid crisis, and there was much talk about this as if it was imminent, "oh yes we'll make sure the North is in line with our response"....

How come NI is still within the UK/NHS system, when so much has been promised to bring their response to Covid into line withe the Republic?

No other excuse required here but 'belligerent Unionism'.

Never Never Never first and then 'okay, do it anyhow'.

Same pattern over and over and over again.

10-15 years
    If I was you then I would be a strong supporter of partition. Lol.
    No logic to wanting to unite with those northern ****wits

No need for that language now dc. I for one support the unification of this island and it’s people.itll be a massive badly badly needed benefit to the school and education system up there that much is clear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

10-15 years

To sum up, Downcow got his ass handed to him repeatedly by not just one or two but multpile posters, he's been shown to be completely out of his depth but keeps coming back for more. :D

No other excuse required here but 'belligerent Unionism'.

Never Never Never first and then 'okay, do it anyhow'.

Same pattern over and over and over again.

Ah ha, so with unite with them (unlikely) or outbreed them in NI.

Then, and only then would we make the North look operate, and think like ourselves!

I saw this play on stage in Dublin. It is a joint production between the ABBEY and The Royal Court Theatre in England.

What is remarkable about it is that some of the things the lead says have been said on here. It is online and free to watch because of the crisis. Enjoy.

https://royalcourttheatre.com/whats-on/cyprus-avenue-film/

Be warned...the second act is not for the squeamish.

Your question is strange Why would you not ask for the two countries to come into line with each other as opposed to ni coming into line with ROI?

• Advertisement

No need for that language now dc. I for one support the unification of this island and it’s people.itll be a massive badly badly needed benefit to the school and education system up there that much is clear.

Well you are the one said it is a ****hole. If I was you I wouldn’t be uniting with a ****hole

timhenn wrote: »
    To sum up, Downcow got his ass handed to him repeatedly by not just one or two but multpile posters, he's been shown to be completely out of his depth but keeps coming back for more. :D

Tim Henman. More old waffle instead of providing any substance to back up you ludicrous claims.
    Same old same old.

Your question is strange Why would you not ask for the two countries to come into line with each other as opposed to ni coming into line with ROI?

Why would we line up with a country that immediately thought it knew best and rejected advice from the WHO?

Will you have a titter of wit. Nobody will be 'aligning' with the UK in arrogant Brexit mode.

Proof of the pudding is that they realised the error and are playing catch up. Tragically for some

10-15 years
    Will someone please tell these geniuses that this virus doesn’t see green or orange?

I’d say leave them to it but as the piece under says, they’re putting others lives at risk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

10-15 years
    Tim Henman. More old waffle instead of providing any substance to back up you ludicrous claims.
    Same old same old.

It wasn't my claim. CAIN provided the data to show that the british side killed over 1,000 innocents. Do you want to have an attempt at discrediting CAIN again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    Same old same old.

He`s probably been on the mountain dew with his mates,francie and bonnie!

You mean to align the UK with the ROI, both islands in harmony working together to fight this virus...well that would be utopia, and I have suggested as much in a previous post, but it got zero traction.

You mean to align the UK with the ROI, both islands in harmony working together to fight this virus...well that would be utopia, and I have suggested as much in a previous post, but it got zero traction.

UK should have aligned with us instead of now playing catch-up.

Why would we line up with a country that immediately thought it knew best and rejected advice from the WHO?

Will you have a titter of wit. Nobody will be 'aligning' with the UK in arrogant Brexit mode.

Proof of the pudding is that they realised the error and are playing catch up. Tragically for some

Are you guys not playing catch on uk with payments to employees I think you have been embarrassed into it. Uk nailed it there

• Advertisement

They sensible way ahead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement