Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    Arlene just tweeted this. She before all knows it’s coming. Sort of mad. A picture of the whole island. Not just her wee country.

https://twitter.com/dupleader/status/1246789806618824711?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    Yes but this kind of (rubbing their noses in it) is never going to lead to any kind of peaceful stable "United Ireland", hence my post above, which is much more sure footed & realistic.

I'd you want a United Ireland then you don't keep attacking the very people you wish to unite with.

Thankfully blinding's attitude like DC's is a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Runaways wrote: »
    Arlene just tweeted this. She before all knows it’s coming. Sort of mad. A picture of the whole island. Not just her wee country.

https://twitter.com/dupleader/status/1246789806618824711?s=21

Some arguments on here get more pathetic every day.
    Arlene posts a advert for a day of prayer organised by the ‘PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN IRELAND ‘. The name used for over 300 years and some desperate United irelanders grasp ate it as hope that Presbyterians want a UI. Embarrassing
    You really couldn’t make it up.
    That’s the best you’ve got. Lol

You are right it’s collapsing. Look who else is using the term ireland now. They must have decided along with Arlene that it’s time
    https://m.facebook.com/pg/goli.org.uk/posts/

20-30 years
    downcow wrote: »
    Some arguments on here get more pathetic every day.
    Arlene posts a advert for a day of prayer organised by the ‘PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN IRELAND ‘. The name used for over 300 years and some desperate United irelanders grasp ate it as hope that Presbyterians want a UI. Embarrassing
    You really couldn’t make it up.
    That’s the best you’ve got. Lol

You don't have to make it up.

Your over the top reaction to everything is gas. How are you not exhausted?

You don't have to make it up.

Your over the top reaction to everything is gas. How are you not exhausted?

Do you see the orange order are at it as well now Bonnie. They are using ‘ireland’
    Not to mention the bank of ireland, church of Ireland, ....and oh my god, my beloved football team have decided to call themselves the Irish football Association.
    I never realised they had all jumped ship on me. Where do you get all this classified information.
    HELP

• Advertisement

Just curios (so please dont attack me) Does anyone know why Ireland is always the last European country to put its deaths data up?

10-15 years
    Do you see the orange order are at it as well now Bonnie. They are using ‘ireland’
    Not to mention the bank of ireland, church of Ireland, ....and oh my god, my beloved football team have decided to call themselves the Irish football Association.
    I never realised they had all jumped ship on me. Where do you get all this classified information.
    HELP

That was funny. Let’s be honest. Well played dc

10-15 years
    Just curios (so please dont attack me) Does anyone know why Ireland is always the last European country to put its deaths data up?

Check the HSE twitter or Irish times or any of its journalists. There’s hourly updates.

That kind of unimportant. We’re not being told how many are dying at home. Anywhere in the world. Cos it’s not being tracked.
    They’re all only tracking hospital cases.
    That’s far more serious and frightening. Globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    This is a site will be very interesting to watch develop.
    .....especially for those that have laughed at my prediction that no more people will die in 2020 than died in 2019 +-2%

Despite your strange loyalties (to people who sneer at Unionists) I genuinely hope nobody you care about dies alone, gasping for air, from this horrible infection, I'm sure you wouldn't be thinking 'ah shure the numbers will even out in the end'.

Despite your strange loyalties (to people who sneer at Unionists) I genuinely hope nobody you care about dies alone, gasping for air, from this horrible infection, I'm sure you wouldn't be thinking 'ah shure the numbers will even out in the end'.

Junkyard. That is not my point. Of course I will be devastated if someone close to me (or me) is taken by covid. I am just saying that we need to be careful. Yes it is devastating and terrible but some people are petrified as they think half the population is dying.

Here is the real tragedy and I hope uk, roi, etc will step up to the mark as it hits
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/05/whether-in-the-uk-or-the-developing-world-were-not-all-in-coronavirus-together?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

• Advertisement

20-30 years
    HELP

What?

20-30 years

I don't know the reasoning but I feel it has something to do with the cycle in which the data is collated.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0405/1128590-covid19-coronavirus-tracker/

The important thing is that it's announced consistently at approximately the same time everyday to gauge the patterns that may or may not form over the coming weeks.

Personally, I have found that more people are in "news mode" around this time of the evening and have become accustomed to announcements at about 7pm so it makes sense to continue this process at this point.

Maybe she will have some effect on the thousands still out and about ignoring the social distancing rules there.

The UK desperately needs leadership that puts people first at the moment, just like the US.
    Boris and Trump with the same problems and with graphs on the same trajectories.

Work it out for yourself downcow, before it is too late.

Talking trajectories. I take no satisfaction in pointing out to you that tomorrow is probably the day you will pass is in this unsightly race.
    Ni is on 33 deaths per million today and you have been closing fast and are now on 32. I thought you would overtake us but not quite so soon.
    Maybe now you will stop points scoring and realise we are all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,243 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Talking trajectories. I take no satisfaction in pointing out to you that tomorrow is probably the day you will pass is in this unsightly race.
    Ni is on 33 deaths per million today and you have been closing fast and are now on 32. I thought you would overtake us but not quite so soon.

I have no answer to that downcow, only pity for you. Genuine pity that you'd be sitting watching for the hour you think you can gloat about something.

30-40 years

The trajectories will likely/hopefully be similarly low comparatively thanks to not following that shower of morons running the British government at the moment.

If the above pans out it will be down to people in the six counties looking at the South acting much more decisively and SF kicking up a fuss in the north - not that you'd ever admit it.

lalalala.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 69,243 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The trajectories will likely/hopefully be similarly low comparatively thanks to not following that shower of morons running the British government at the moment.

If the above pans out it will be down to people in the six counties looking at the South acting much more decisively and SF kicking up a fuss in the north - not that you'd ever admit it.

lalalala.gif

You can actually see the curve changing for NI precisely because they realigned with the island they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

Runaways wrote: »
    Check the HSE twitter or Irish times or any of its journalists. There’s hourly updates.

That kind of unimportant. We’re not being told how many are dying at home. Anywhere in the world. Cos it’s not being tracked.
    They’re all only tracking hospital cases.
    That’s far more serious and frightening. Globally.

That is a very good point to mention that whatever the official deaths are listed at it is for sure undercounting how many are losing their life to this virus due to the lack of testing on many deaths that are occurring outside hospitals as often the mindset is a person is dead and tests are not in plentiful supply everywhere so why waste or sadly in some countries I bet China and the US being front and center political reasons are a contributor as well.

I know a few on here either can’t or don’t want to get it.
    But what an inspirational 93 year old lady
    And what an inspirational message

https://youtu.be/2klmuggOElE

Horrendous weather up here tonight. Power cuts galore.
    Probably god has sent it because of the way Arlene has behaved. No doubt Sinn Fein will have it all sorted and we’ll have power again for breakfast. Thank god for Michelle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

10-15 years
    I know a few on here either can’t or don’t want to get it.
    But what an inspirational 93 year old lady
    And what an inspirational message

https://youtu.be/2klmuggOElE
    She made a great job of her hair on her own ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-well-meet-again-queen-recalls-wwii-song-in-bid-to-lift-nation-in-lockdown-11969010

I was wondering when they would find and angle to bring ww2 into the picture.its bizarre the obsession they have with that period of time(mostly the english)and how they manouvre ww2 and and vera lynn into it.most of their racist football fans who belt out god save the (german) queen at matches and then minutes later belt out anti german songs baffle me.most of them are uneducated morons who wouldnt have a clue about their own history,which would conclude that their stupidity is bred into them.not withstanding the fact that most of britain in its self,is not united,why would anybody want to be associated with them?ah well,lets all just belt out some ww2 era songs,that will sort it all out

15-20 years
    https://www.thejournal.ie/were-nearly-there-met-eireann-to-include-northern-ireland-on-its-weather-warning-maps-5065787-Apr2020/?amp=1

Going to be utd on met eireann website soon

Hopefully,this will help provide weather warnings and assistance to our citizens in the north

No herd immunity here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    https://www.thejournal.ie/were-nearly-there-met-eireann-to-include-northern-ireland-on-its-weather-warning-maps-5065787-Apr2020/?amp=1

Going to be utd on met eireann website soon

Hopefully,this will help provide weather warnings and assistance to our citizens in the north

No herd immunity here

It'll be interesting who gets it right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-well-meet-again-queen-recalls-wwii-song-in-bid-to-lift-nation-in-lockdown-11969010

I was wondering when they would find and angle to bring ww2 into the picture.its bizarre the obsession they have with that period of time(mostly the english)and how they manouvre ww2 and and vera lynn into it.most of their racist football fans who belt out god save the (german) queen at matches and then minutes later belt out anti german songs baffle me.most of them are uneducated morons who wouldnt have a clue about their own history,which would conclude that their stupidity is bred into them.not withstanding the fact that most of britain in its self,is not united,why would anybody want to be associated with them?ah well,lets all just belt out some ww2 era songs,that will sort it all out

This is hillarious coming from someone obsessed with 1916, Come out you Black and Tans
    and cant post without crticising the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Edgware wrote: »
    This is hillarious coming from someone obsessed with 1916, Come out you Black and Tans
    and cant post without crticising the U.K.

I wouldnt even know the full lyrics to that song

You guys nearly had me convinced that yous had it all sorted and were much more careful than uk.
    I have just read this on RTÉ. “ You need to be 15 minutes or more in the vicinity of an infected person, within 1-2 metres, to be considered at-risk or a close contact.”
    This is not what the uk are telling me. They are much tighter. So maybe you guys want to catch up with uk measures or else we will have to stop free movement to protect ourselves.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0406/1128865-irish-figures-health/

20-30 years
    You guys nearly had me convinced that yous had it all sorted and were much more careful than uk.
    I have just read this on RTÉ. “ You need to be 15 minutes or more in the vicinity of an infected person, within 1-2 metres, to be considered at-risk or a close contact.”
    This is not what the uk are telling me. They are much tighter. So maybe you guys want to catch up with uk measures or else we will have to stop free movement to protect ourselves.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0406/1128865-irish-figures-health/

Off you go so.

And there's me thinking it wasn't a competition. Make up your mind man.

At least you found RTÉ. The fada in the logo must burn the retinas.

30-40 years
    Downcow found out the 12th of July is cancelled so is doing the digital version of winding up the locals.

Downcow found out the 12th of July is cancelled so is doing the digital version of winding up the locals.

My goodness me.
    I went on to RTÉ to see today’s stats and I was surprised to read this
    “ You need to be 15 minutes or more in the vicinity of an infected person, within 1-2 metres, to be considered at-risk or a close contact.”
    It is just very soft compared to uk advice. Who knows who is correct?

And I think it was runaway who said that Boris having covid was just a pr stunt. Well he will be pleased to read Boris is now in intensive care and things are a bit serious.

• Advertisement

30-40 years
    Well he will be pleased to read Boris is now in intensive care and things are a bit serious.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone and hope he makes a full recovery. My folks are in their late 70's and are both in very high risk categories with one just recovered from bowel cancer and the other hospitalised with pneumonia twice in the last few years.

This thing is a couple of bad decisions away from any one of us. The sooner we get on top of this the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement