Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Loyalists were under the guard of the Gardaí for their safety. You're being willingly ignorant here and as for you ionizing of that charlatan Frazer... You're ridiculous.

I never even read that **** about his "friend" Willie Frazer!! :eek::eek::eek:

Good lord that man was an absolute parody of loyalism, you want to talk about honourable principled loyalists talk about someone like David Irvine, not Willie "The BBC are glorifying terrorism by having a GAA top that turned out to be a PE kit on Eastenders and loyalist paramilitaries should never have been put in jail in the first place" Frazer ffs, not even getting into what was exposed about him last year.

For ****s sake man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    downcow wrote: »
    and you won't see a Linfield shirt either. Unlike ROI fans who wear Celtic shirts in large numbers and sing anti protestant songs

What?

Go home Downcow. This is preposterous. You're not having a good time of it on this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

10-15 years
    There you go.
    Count for yourself and then tell us who the plonker is
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320xq90/r/923/rsYE40.jpg
    I have already seen the pictures. You say there are over 100 there which is complete bullshít. Aughlisnafin chapel and graveyard are tiny.

20-30 years
    Actually, you are right they are working within the rules. There was a gentleman's agreement though some years ago, but then when you're not dealing with gentlemen

Are you saying that a gentleman's agreement should override the human rights of a footballer to force them to play for a football team they don't identify with? Are you for real?

20-30 years
    The most famous trophy in Irish sport is named after a Protestant 😂. Never heard anyone sung an anti-Protestant song in my life. I think it’s best not to engage any further with such a clearly Walter Mitty charachter.

It fascinates me how someone with a Donegal father has such a detachment to think there's rampant sectarianism down South.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They are refusing to condemn it, yet they have loads of energy to condemn the Health Minister. This is SF funeral number 5 that has had crowds and military style parade. Consistency is all i ask
    They have to go through this charade of military style parades. They dont want people thinking that their campaign achieved an awful lot less than people died or spent long stretches in prison for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Poaching players?

Are we really here again?

Are you gonna tell James McClean or Shane Duffy or Darron Gibson that they can't play for their country?

I'm sure you were apoplectic when Chris Baird and Niall McGinn bowed for GSTQ because despite playing for the IFA team it's not their anthem. Probably not because you don't even recall it.

You have no right to claim any player's allegiance. It's precisely that attitude which means the NI team isn't one Nationalists have any affinity for.

You're best moving in from this subject in future because you're woefully out of your depth pal.

Soo much wrong with this post.
    Oh I see them struggling every time. It hurts me every time to see any of my hero’s feeling excluded by the anthem. Hence I want it changed.
    Now you tell me do you feel the same when Rory best bows during the ss? Do you want it changed?

There is no ni fan I know who doesn’t want McLean etc to be able to play for roi. We just wish he would come up through the ranks of ni, waving the flag, and posing in his bedroom with the ni shirt, and then jump ship after the investment (mind you we would all have paid him to go)

Try not to speak for all nationalists. I know several who are season ticket holders at Windsor

Why was Bobby Sands a charlatan?

The loyalists already tried a hunger strike by the way, none of them could stick to it, they did get political status thanks largely to the Republican hunger strikers though

The idea of a loyalist hunger strike in the event of a United Ireland is ****ing laughable, how could they pull it off now when they couldn't get anybody to pull it off during the height of the troubles?

Your mate Willie Frazers best friend Jamie Bryson went on hunger strike and ordered a takeaway the same day!!

I was simply pointing out that if Willie Frazer was a charlatan then so was the former thief bobby sands.
    It’s not actually a word I would use to describe either of them

I never even read that **** about his "friend" Willie Frazer!! :eek::eek::eek:

Good lord that man was an absolute parody of loyalism, you want to talk about honourable principled loyalists talk about someone like David Irvine, not Willie "The BBC are glorifying terrorism by having a GAA top that turned out to be a PE kit on Eastenders and loyalist paramilitaries should never have been put in jail in the first place" Frazer ffs, not even getting into what was exposed about him last year.

For ****s sake man
    So what did Willie do that David Irvine did not. Help me work that one out.
    And when compared to your leaders who covered up child abuse and rape I think both willie and david look fairly ordinary

armaghlad wrote: »
    I have already seen the pictures. You say there are over 100 there which is complete bullshít. Aughlisnafin chapel and graveyard are tiny.

This is the problem on here. Here is someone who is happy to deny what is clear in a photo in his very post.
    You couldn’t make it up. No shame

• Advertisement

Are you saying that a gentleman's agreement should override the human rights of a footballer to force them to play for a football team they don't identify with? Are you for real?

Bonnie read what I said I have no problem with people choosing roi.

It fascinates me how someone with a Donegal father has such a detachment to think there's rampant sectarianism down South.

You must have speed read that page and missed the videos lol. Selective reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,217 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So what did Willie do that David Irvine did not. Help me work that one out.

Irvine wasn't a lie. He did not antagonise, taunt or fabricate. He was not prone to wacky bat**** crazy conspiracy theories and he owned what he did in the past.

This is the problem on here. Here is someone who is happy to deny what is clear in a photo in his very post.
    You couldn’t make it up. No shame

There is a major problem on these islands getting people to accept the seriousness of the lockdown.

But cherrypicked out of all of them is this one. Why? Because it's a shinners funeral and it is a cheap and easy target for your bias.

How many private parties have the PSNI had to break up now downcow? Any of them in your community? Is Arlene still trying to get the rules ignored for some?

Up the yard with your cherrypicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

There is a major problem on these islands getting people to accept the seriousness of the lockdown.

But cherrypicked out of all of them is this one. Why? Because it's a shinners funeral and it is a cheap and easy target for your bias.

How many private parties have the PSNI had to break up now downcow? Any of them in your community? Is Arlene still trying to get the rules ignored for some?

Up the yard with your cherrypicking.

Why you ask?

Because these are people that represent a politician party in a position of power, they are quite rightly supposed to be setting an example to us all... rather than what now appears to be " tell the plebs to do this... but we'll do whatever the **** we want ourselves".

That's quite different to random groups getting together and breaking the rules I think.

But hey, blame someone else, make sure to get a unionists name in there somewhere as well... all their fault etc etc.

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Why you ask?

Because these are people that represent a politician party in a position of power, they are quite rightly supposed to be setting an example to us all... rather than what now appears to be " tell the plebs to do this... but we'll do whatever the **** we want ourselves".

That's quite different to random groups getting together and breaking the rules I think.

But hey, blame someone else, make sure to get a unionists name in there somewhere as well... all their fault etc etc.

Who says they were anything other than mourners at a funeral?

If SF organised this then there is a case to answer.
    Downcow wants to perpetuate the notion that everyone is a Shinner no doubt.

When someone has been a complete and utter arsehole X 10 and you put them on ignore, is there any way to stop seeing their posts that others reply to? puzzled!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

He was on about some east Donegal NI supporters club a few days ago. The same Ulster Protestants that were quickly forgotten about 100 years ago like in Cavan and Monaghan when the sectarian numbers didn’t add up. Not much has changed in 100 years.

He then somehow tries to equate the republic’s anthem in Dublin with GSTQ up north. The amount of people from north of the border who support the ROI above the place where they live is a shameful indictment of unionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

He was on about some east Donegal NI supporters club a few days ago. The same Ulster Protestants that were quickly forgotten about 100 years ago like in Cavan and Monaghan when the sectarian numbers didn’t add up. Not much has changed in 100 years.

He then somehow tries to equate the republic’s anthem in Dublin with GSTQ up north. The amount of people from north of the border who support the ROI above the place where they live is a shameful indictment of unionism.

They are still willing to take the Queen's shilling though

Edgware wrote: »

Plenty unionists from Belfast and elsewhere up north working in Dublin and taking punts/euros. It really is irrelevant.

• Advertisement

You want them to work and pay taxes and get nothing for it? Weird.
    It's not the queen's personal, you know that I'm sure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

10-15 years
    You don’t get a lot for a Shilling these days ! Has she no Guineas ? ?

He then somehow tries to equate the republic’s anthem in Dublin with GSTQ up north. .

So tell us what the difference is in playing SS for an all island team and GSTQ for a NI team ?

Is that the same as the Irish catholics that ROI has not given a fiddlers about for 100 years running down to wrap themselves in the flag and support ROI hahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

10-15 years
    Is that the same as the Irish catholics that ROI has not given a fiddlers about for 100 years running down to wrap themselves in the flag and support ROI hahaha
    Sure they were there for the taking but , Ye killed the Golden Goose :eek::eek:

Ye have to ask ye’re selves ; How could Ye be so stupid, as to kill the Golden Goose ? ?:eek::eek:

Now that was a fierce waste of a Golden Goose ! ! ! :eek::eek:

Is there anything as sad on boards as someone laughing at their own posts? You were giving out about Charles haughey and alleged arms importation a few posts back. Make up your mind.

Is there anything as sad on boards as someone laughing at their own posts? You were giving out about Charles haughey and alleged arms importation a few posts back. Make up your mind.

Munsterlehend, another straight lie. This is what you guys get up to when you have lost the argument.

Sure you'll show us where i was "giving out about Charles haughey and alleged arms importation a few posts back" , won't you?

Munsterlehend, another straight lie. This is what you guys get up to when you have lost the argument.

Sure you'll show us where i was "giving out about Charles haughey and alleged arms importation a few posts back" , won't you?

Someone mentioned haughey. Don’t have the time to be trawling through now to find it. I actually agree the Southern govt could have done a lot more but I am glad I grew up in a peaceful prosperous state.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    ROI has not given a fiddlers about for 100 years

Don't mistake the Irish state for the Irish Nation. You could build a 10-feet-high wall along the border and put 100,000 British troops on it and you'd still not divide the Irish Nation. Nationhood runs deep, deeper than the current rulers/governors.

• Advertisement

Don't mistake the Irish state for the Irish Nation. You could build a 10-feet-high wall along the border and put 100,000 British troops on it and you'd still not divide the Irish Nation. Nationhood runs deep, deeper than the current rulers/governors.

Look what happened when the Government here considered giving an official state honour to the Black and Tans, they turned tail and slithered away from it as quick as they have done over anything in the history of the state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement