Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

What are you like?

Plenty of numbers to digest in that link.

And solving the issues of partition for society here? Priceless.
    Solving the EU's security/single market issues...worth billions alone.
    Solving the UK's Brexit issues...worth more billions.

Pissing off a few partitionists and belligerent unionists? Priceless in it's own way.

All made up, similar to manifesto. This is from a party in government in Northern Ireland and they haven't even got the basic numbers.

So far as usual, a single question and you fall down every quickly.

You have yet to answer, any of you how the Republic will afford it? the best you can come up with is a report that says it has no correct numbers in it.

15-20 years
    Redgirl82 wrote: »
    It didn't take long for the finger pointing by Sinn Fein. One minute we are been told about how great they are, next we are been told they can't do anything because the other parties bully them.

So which is it?

We don't have extended lockdown due to Northern Ireland. We have extended lockdown because Sinn Fein and DUP can't agree a cross border plan. Wales and Scotland have different plans to England. So why can't the North? because Wales and Scotland are not run by imbeciles

Mate,i dont give a balls about sf.....just think 90% of critism leveled at them is hypocritical and deserves pointing out

Blame who you want,stormont simply deosnt work,ni has been a complete failure as a state by any metric.....time to try having dublin rule,than waste another 100 years arseing about doing same mistake over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It didn't take long for the finger pointing by Sinn Fein. One minute we are been told about how great they are, next we are been told they can't do anything because the other parties bully them.

So which is it?

First of all point out who said any of the above. SF are another political party like all the rest. Have failed and succeeded at what they do.
    Are you feeling politically threatened or something?

All made up,
    Oh?
    Let's see the real figure then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

20-30 years
    Oh?

I can't wait to see these figures too

• Advertisement

Mate,i dont give a balls about sf.....just think 90% of critism leveled at them is hypocritical and deserves pointing out

Blame who you want,stormont simply deosnt work,ni has been a complete failure as a state by any metric.....time to try having dublin rule,than waste another 100 years arseing about doing same mistake over and over

Read the person I quoted.

Oh?

It didn't take long for you to fail to answer a question yet again. SO much for the great Ireland Unified. Fell at the first hurdle didn't it

I can't wait to see these figures too

Well, there is an implication here that the British ONS has lied about the figure. Dying to see the data.
    It will be a novel event from those of a partitionist bent - the presentation of some data...any data. other than the 'I feel it in my waters' type.:D

It didn't take long for you to fail to answer a question yet again. SO much for the great Ireland Unified. Fell at the first hurdle didn't it

You said the figures are 'made up'.

We can't get past that until you clear it up.

You quoted me

(Thats a really piss poor deflection kid) :pac:

Are you drunk again?

Meant to quote Francie:
    First of all point out who said any of the above. SF are another political party like all the rest. Have failed and succeeded at what they do.
    Are you feeling politically threatened or something?

Did I post about acohol? I seem to remember only on person doing that

• Advertisement

You said the figures are 'made up'.

We can't get past that until you clear it up.

I have nothing to clear up Francie. I asked the question. You have yet to answer. Not the first time you go around in circle and have nothing to back it up....

So much for Unified Ireland :P:P

I have nothing to clear up Francie. I asked the question. You have yet to answer. Not the first time you go around in circle and have nothing to back it up....

So much for Unified Ireland :P:P

I already answered you on the 'who is going to pay' question.
    You glossed over it as usual.

Now you claimed figures from the ONS of The UK are 'made up'. Please back this up or withdraw it.

I did ask this before, for all the people talking about Unified Ireland, how exactly is Rep of Ireland going to support Northern Ireland?

Where is the money coming from?

Post 8991. No belittle of anyone.

Question still not answered
    Where is the money coming from?

As usual you fail to answer and try to make it personal

I already answered you on the 'who is going to pay' question.
    You glossed over it as usual.

Now you claimed figures from the ONS of The UK are 'made up'. Please back this up or withdraw it.

You posted a report which said it was out of date and didn't have the information and the Republic government would need to run its own study

The next was an bit of a Sinn Fein politician, and as I mentioned based on everything Sinn Fein have ever done they cannot be trusted. For reference just look at the current manifesto for the General Election

Also how can a party who release a manifesto for the North of Ireland listing out spending not have any idea what the books are like? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

It will take about 50 years for a definitive demographic shift. 50% plus 1 not enough.
    By then much of the nationalist community will have become middle class and have normalized their view of NI's place in the United Kingdom. This is the key risk for the republican movement. The strategy to counter this is to maintain perpetual crisis in the devolved institutions. Going to war on the Irish language is part of it too. 2070 at a minimum then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

20-30 years

You told us the figures are made up, so let's see the real figures.

15-20 years
    It will take about 50 years for a definitive demographic shift. 50% plus 1 not enough.
    By then much of the nationalist community will have become middle class and have normalized their view of NI's place in the United Kingdom. This is the key risk for the republican movement. The strategy to counter this is to maintain perpetual crisis in the devolved institutions. Going to war on the Irish language is part of it too. 2070 at a minimum then.

50 % plus 1 is enough....its literally basic democratic principal imo

(Quite how lads propose to identify which community a person comes from,off a ballot paper has never been satisfactorly explained)

You posted a report which said it was out of date and didn't have the information and the Republic government would need to run its own study

Where are you getting this from?

Of course aspects of it will be out of date...Brexit is heading in directions nobody knows where and Covid is a factor nobody thought of but would not suggest partition is a help in fighting.
    The next was an bit of a Sinn Fein politician, and as I mentioned based on everything Sinn Fein have ever done they cannot be trusted. For reference just look at the current manifesto for the General Election

Also how can a party who release a manifesto for the North of Ireland listing out spending not have any idea what the books are like? :eek:
    Stop slithering out of what you said.

You said the figure was made up. Show the real figures or withdraw the lie.

The answer to your last question will give you another example of why the statelet has failed.

15-20 years

Its great drama,watching a spoofer flail.around hopelessly as they have been exposed

The report confirms they don't know the numbers. The official report which Francie pointed to.

So unless Rep of Ireland runs a report like the recommendation anything else is guesswork. Especially from a party like Sinn Fein.

Unless you have an official report from either government?

• Advertisement

The report confirms they don't know the numbers. The official report which Francie pointed to.

So unless Rep of Ireland runs a report like the recommendation anything else is guesswork. Especially from a party like Sinn Fein.

Unless you have an official report from either government?

You said the ONS numbers were made up. Stop trying to slither out of it. That is just cowardly disingenuous debating.

You directly implied that SF made them up...and SF had nothing to do with the report you are pretending you were talking about.

Pathetic.

Francie you have spent how many posts now "slithering" around yet you throw accusations at me.

Best to leave you to it. Come back when you can answer the question from post 8991

Like all the other topics I don't expect it anytime soon

You are disingenuous to the genuine contributors to this site and I hope people of all political persuasions can see it.

Francie you have spent how many posts now "slithering" around yet you throw accusations at me.

Best to leave you to it. Come back when you can answer the question from post 8991

Like all the other topics I don't expect it anytime soon

BTW, The question you asked I answered in this post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113473198&postcount=8998

BTW, The question you asked I answered in this post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113473198&postcount=8998

So where is Rep of Ireland getting the money? Where are these billions coming from?

How can we sustain a population with 30% of the work force in public sector?

15-20 years
    So where is Rep of Ireland getting the money? Where are these billions coming from?

Jesus....you no shame

One point batted down,straight off with another :D

You dont proclaim to support green party aswell by any chance

Jesus....you no shame

One point batted down,straight off with another :D

You dont proclaim to support green party aswell by any chance

The question in post 8991 is where is the money coming from, do I need to quote it again

I never said I supported any party by the way

I think you need to read what people reply.

Truth is we need a full and transparent discussion with the British on what NI actually costs and what it creates. What costs can be subtracted from the subvention (Contributions towrds the Armed Services ) etc.
    Then a package can be put together to minimise those costs, which will decrease as the public service bill is reduced and waste (doubling up of costs)is eliminated. That will also be the point when support from The EU etc will be sought.
    There is a school of thought (me included) who believe that the British will support it heavily too as what they do not need is a statelet imploding on their doorstep for which they are partly responsible.

When we know the figures then we can plan for ways to deal with it as we deal with any other spending we do.

We will not be paying a 'bill'. The north of this country will be an integrated part of a new Ireland. An exciting investment the Irish people will not turn down imo.

But you feel it in your water that they will, when there isn't a single political party bar the Unionists who will oppose a UI. In fact...watch the scramble in FG and FF to be out front and centre trying to own it.

I think you need to read what people reply.

Truth is we need a full and transparent discussion with the British on what NI actually costs and what it creates. What costs can be subtracted from the subvention (Contributions towrds the Armed Services ) etc.
    Then a package can be put together to minimise those costs, which will decrease as the public service bill is reduced and waste (doubling up of costs)is eliminated. That will also be the point when support from The EU etc will be sought.
    There is a school of thought (me included) who believe that the British will support it heavily too as what they do not need is a statelet imploding on their doorstep for which they are partly responsible.

When we know the figures then we can plan for ways to deal with it as we deal with any other spending we do.

We will not be paying a 'bill'. The north of this country will be an integrated part of a new Ireland. An exciting investment the Irish people will not turn down imo.

But you feel it in your water that they will, when there isn't a single political party bar the Unionists who will oppose a UI. In fact...watch the scramble in FG and FF to be out front and centre trying to own it.

But it’s not an investment? They have no industry and Sinn Fein and DUP have ran it into the ground. 30% in public sector tells it own story

But back to original question. Where will the money come from? As you don’t know the answer

It will come from the tax payers in Rep if Ireland and I can tell you the last thing we need to pay for is that mess. Let’s see how patriotic all those Sinn Fein supporter are when the social is cut to pay for it.

Let’s see your referendum but as I posted ages ago, once the people of the Rep see how much it will cost don’t expect it to be favourable

But it’s not an investment? They have no industry and Sinn Fein and DUP have ran it into the ground. 30% in public sector tells it own story

But back to original question. Where will the money come from? As you don’t know the answer

It will come from the tax payers in Rep if Ireland and I can tell you the last thing we need to pay for is that mess. Let’s see how patriotic all those Sinn Fein supporter are when the social is cut to pay for it.

Let’s see your referendum but as I posted ages ago, once the people of the Rep see how much it will cost don’t expect it to be favourable

The statlet has failed, you are correct on that.
    The 30% in the PS was a dis-interested UK solution. A lazy one.
    The PS over staffed will iron itself out in a few years.

Yes the taxpayer will be asked for extra if needed but it will be all taxpayers. What did you expect when you agreed the GFA btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

20-30 years
    Maybe go back and read again. The Good Friday vote did not include a United Ireland. Did you miss that bit?

To quote: The Good Friday Agreement signed in 1998, which ended the conflict, acknowledged the legitimacy of the desire for a united Ireland, while declaring that it could only be achieved with the consent of a majority of the people of Northern Ireland

I feel it's your goodself who needs to bone up on the GFA, the DSD and the AIA. We're on a road you don't like. That's okay, but it's up to you to convince us to get off that road.

As I said, it's up to Partitionists like yourself to bring about an end to this UI end game that the GFA brought about. As in any democracy you have that right to voice a contrary opinion, but you do not have a right to bulldoze over the aspirations of the Irish people who support the GFA in its totality.

Start that anti-GFA movement if you're so hellbent on your crusade, the rest of the island will be moving on without you and beligerent unionists. Great company to keep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement