Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Bambi wrote: »
    Oh there's quite a few people starting to talk about it thanks to Brexit.

A couple of online Shinnerbots and their clappy seals?

Colour me worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

10-15 years

Colour me worried.

Id hardly call Dominic Grieve,the british attorney general a shinnerbot?

What is you cant grasp that people who cant stand sinn fein also want reunification? (Admittedely Dominic Grieve prob deosnt,but its pure head in sand stuff to say it isnt being discussed openly)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I've told you why, it's not my fault you can't comprehend it. It's not a realistic proposition. A bit of lip service to a UI costs nothing politically or economically.

If you think opposition to the notion won't mobilise if we are threatened by it, you are hilariously deluded.

Step outside your echo chamber lad. You'll be surprised how many of us there are.

You just handwaved it all away there.

Another question then, if you will ignore Taoisgh talking about it and numerous politicians.

Why hasn't a 'political voice' screamed that an all party committee working for months and producing a 1300 page report, modelling a United Ireland, was a waste of money?

NOT ONE SINGLE VOICE in dispute or criticism. The fact is partitionism has no political voice, despite claims made that it is a 'massive majority', the only politicians representing you are in fact Unionist politicians.

You just handwaved it all away there.

Another question then, if you will ignore Taoisgh talking about it and numerous politicians.

Why hasn't a 'political voice' screamed that an all party committee working for months and producing a 1300 page report, modelling a United Ireland, was a waste of money?

NOT ONE SINGLE VOICE in dispute or criticism. The fact is partitionism has no political voice, despite claims made that it is a 'massive majority', the only politicians representing you are in fact Unionist politicians.

Most of the people who get up early and pay all the taxes don't have a political voice representing us. We're used to it.

There'll be plenty of us who'll make the trip to the ballet box in the unlikely event of a referendum though. Make no mistake about it.

Most of the people who get up early and pay all the taxes don't have a political voice representing us. We're used to it.

There'll be plenty of us who'll make the trip to the ballet box in the unlikely event of a referendum though. Make no mistake about it.

Name an 'issue' in modern Ireland that doesn't have a political voice talking about/representing it.

You cannot think that just shouting 'No, no no', is debate. I accept you have a point of view, now please back up that point of view.

• Advertisement

Name an 'issue' in modern Ireland that doesn't have a political voice talking about/representing it.

You cannot think that just shouting 'No, no no', is debate. I accept you have a point of view, now please back up that point of view.

I'm not your performing monkey lad and you don't get to define what is and isn't debate.

I'm not your performing monkey lad and you don't get to define what is and isn't debate.

I think those who do know what debate is, know what has happened here. Thanks.

10-15 years

Tbf....this can only be interpeted as you dont have anything to support your viewpoint??

Quite ironic for someone accussing anyone who deosnt agree with em of being shinnerbots and living in echochamber!!

I do love internet logic though :D:D

Can any of those here opposed to a UI explain why in an age when we get people like Peter Casey taking political advantage of issues/or truthfully representing people(whatever your view of him may be) that an issue, which it is claimed has massive support (not to unite the island) has not found a political voice?

I have done some research on this and I cannot find anyone or any political party that is prepared to make it a part of their policy/manifesto's.

Secondary question is, who do you think (politician/party) might campaign against it?

10-15 years
    I have done some research on this and I cannot find anyone or any political party that is prepared to make it a part of their policy/manifesto's.

Secondary question is, who do you think (politician/party) might campaign against it?

Realistically though all main parties in ireland as part of their constitution a wish for reunification and any wishing to campaign againest it would also be wanting to change the constittuion of the state

Secondly,urban FG would tradionally been againest it,and would been tradional home for west-brits (i 100% apoligise to anyone if this phrase seems a slur,its not meant as one,i mean the literal definition of it)....

but they have been silenced and abandoned their position over carryon of brits in brexit negociations (just yesterday we had brit.politians on tv saying they shpuld come over here and either threathen or bribe the irish to make brexit easy for em)

• Advertisement

Francie's confused why there's no campaign against a UI.

There's no campaign full stop.

Hilarious stuff.

Nobody cares.

_blaaz wrote: »

Secondly,urban FG would tradionally been againest it,and would been tradional home for west-brits (i 100% apoligise to anyone if this phrase seems a slur,its not meant as one,i mean the literal definition of it)....
    )

For those readers playing the Shinnerbot drinking game, the phrase 'West Brit', means you need to take a shot of vodka.

Realistically though all main parties in ireland as part of their constitution a wish for reunification and any wishing to campaign againest it would also be wanting to change the constittuion of the state

but they have been silenced and abandoned their position over carryon of brits in brexit negociations (just yesterday we had brit.politians on tv saying they shpuld come over here and either threathen or bribe the irish to make brexit easy for em)

I get what you are saying about urban FG, but even suspecting some of them may be against it, they haven't actually spoken against it.

10-15 years
    For those readers playing the Shinnerbots drinking game, the phrase 'West Brit', means you need to take a shot of vodka.

I take offence at your repeated labeling of me as a shinnerbot

But as i said i meant no slur/insult by saying west brit....but it surely true to say urban FG have a large element of those who favour closer relations to the british (this is usually cited as defintion of west-brit...nothing wrong per se with it as a position)

But ya,keep screaming shinnerbot at anyone,who deosnt agree with yous in an effort to incite trouble and shutbdown debate...your so transparent its hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

10-15 years

Hilarious stuff.

Nobody cares.

You spend an awful lot of time on this for someone who doesn’t care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

10-15 years

Hilarious stuff.

Nobody cares.
    I’m confused that nobody cares but yet here you are, caring. West Brit logic 😂

I take offence at your repeated labeling of me as a shinnerbot

You quack like a duck mate.

Don't get offended when people call you a duck.

You quack like a duck mate.

Don't get offended when people call you a duck.

Do us a favour FH, you have said your piece, you are not interested/don't care enough to get into more detailed debate. Just leave the thread alone and stop with the mud slinging designed to get a row going?

Do us a favour FH, you have said your piece, you are not interested/don't care enough to get into more detailed debate. Just leave the thread alone and stop with the mud slinging designed to get a row going?

You backseat modding now Francie?

You backseat modding now Francie?

Asking a favour.

• Advertisement

10-15 years
    You haven’t made a single debatable point though Hugger. It’s always vague and lame attempts to attack the poster.
    Always.

You could actually add a lot from your position if you tried

Asking a favour.

Very selective outrage lad.

Partitionist and West Brit is fine,

Shinnerbot bad.

Very selective outrage lad.

Partitionist and West Brit is fine,

Shinnerbot bad.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

FrancieBrady, facehugger99 - for the sake of my sanity, can you please quit the childish back and forth and actually add something to the conversation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

30-40 years
    I love when the likes of Mary Lou, various Nordies and SFers start offering to give up the tricolour and our anthem, and make the 12th a holiday in some sort of deal to the loyalists. Who do they think they are?

That's our flag and anthem, it's not up for debate or used as a Sinn Fein football. Either join on our terms in much the same state as now or jog on.

10-15 years
    I love when the likes of Mary Lou, various Nordies and SFers start offering to give up the tricolour and our anthem, and make the 12th a holiday in some sort of deal to the loyalists. Who do they think they are?

That's our flag and anthem, it's not up for debate or used as a Sinn Fein football. Either join on our terms in much the same state as now or jog on.

Haven’t seen this happen.
    Where did she say this?

30-40 years
    And another thing, I think the Nordies and SFers are going to get a serious land when the referendum to give them voting rights in October is rejected.

10-15 years
    I think you need to read the Articles and not just the headlines :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Colour me worried.

I was listening to notorious Shinner Paul Gosling and Justice Richard Humphreys (obviously a closet Provie) discussing a UI on the BBC. Fair play to those Shinnerbots they seem to be getting a lot of traction in the media these days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement