Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mariaalice wrote: »
    In a way that sums up a lot of the issues, there is not interest in facts just myth on both sides.

On both sides here? Sorry, I disagree.

I think markodaly and others not knowing this stuff is half the problem.

I'm afraid in the Brave New Ireland Francie has planned, you won't be allowed to self-identify.

You need to apply to Francie for classification.

And again, once the lie and lack of knowledge is shown up, you start the lies and mis-representation. It is classic behaviour.

The yawning credibility gap is with you guys. In janfebmar's case history is what ever she can find on google to back up what she is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Stop the desperation lies janfebmar. You have a question waiting.

You first, I did ask the question first, way back in post 1620.

What would you propose to do for people who 'could not live' with a UI?

You will be waiting quite a while for an answer,jan tends to answer questions with questions rather than actual answers

You will be waiting quite a while for an answer,jan tends to answer questions with questions rather than actual answers

Of course there won't be a direct answer to a direct question because that would reveal the faux outrage about yet another lie and misrepresentation.

Janfebmar and Facehugger know that to answer reveals one of two things,

1. they propose the exact same thing as I did, help for those who genuinely cannot live within a UI

2. They are happy, (as partitionists have a track record of) to ignore the plight of genuine people and thereby force them to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Hilarious to see Varadkar backpedaling furiously in Belfast on his recent unification posturings.

In summary 'it's not the right time'.

No sh;t Leo - let's park it for another 20 years eh? :D

• Advertisement

Hilarious to see Varadkar backpedaling furiously in Belfast on his recent unification posturings.

Uninformed again.

When did he say 'it should happen now'? When did anyone say it should happen right now?

An adult way to do it is with a lead in of at least two years.

Didn't realise you were in the 10-20 year bracket though, that's good.

Didn't realise you were in the 10-20 year bracket though, that's good.

I've been in the 20 year bracket for the last 40 years Francie - just like everyone else :D.

I've been in the 20 year bracket for the last 40 years Francie - just like everyone else :D.

Yes, but like everyone else you know the day is coming when the people will be asked the question.
    Hence you on here, furiously pretending you 'don't care' about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

10-15 years

C’mon its Leo of FFG ....What did you expect . With them in another 20 years it’ll be the same auld spiel . Mindy you by then perhaps FFG won’t have much say in it !

Yes, but like everyone else you know the day is coming

sure, in about 20 years or so isn't it?

A stopped clock will tell the right time twice a day - you never know, keep those predictions coming.

• Advertisement

sure, in about 20 years or so isn't it?

A stopped clock will tell the right time twice a day - you never know, keep those predictions coming.

As I said, furiously trying to convince yourself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Which has what to do with what we are talking about?

Home Rule, remember that Francie? The precursor to the partitioning of Ulster.
    You never answered the question. Why was Ulster partitioned and not Munster?

Nothing to do with the people that lived in these provinces? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

10-15 years
    Leo and FFG will do more to stop Irish Re-Unification than they will ever do to bring about Irish Re-Unification .

markodaly wrote: »
    Home Rule, remember that Francie? The precursor to the partitioning of Ulster.
    You never answered the question. Why was Ulster partitioned and not Munster?

Nothing to do with the people that lived in these provinces? :D

Because some Irish people wanted to express a different identity and others equally Irish didn't. They were IRISH people mark.

Because some Irish people wanted to express a different identity and others equally Irish didn't. They were IRISH people mark.

What identity is that?

What identity is that?

British. Just like a Pole will want to express his Polish identity or a German his.

What is different there is that one of the 3 is 'Irish', first and foremost and always will be by dint of geography.

What is different there is that one of the 3 is 'Irish', first and foremost and always will be by dint of geography.

No doubt you hold similar opinions on transgender people by dint of the sex of their birth.

Line up everyone - Francie will assign you with the correct classification.

You're making another show of yourself lad.

British.

Ah, so the people up in Ulster are not exactly the same as those in the rest of Ireland.

We eventually got there in the end. :)

Ah, so the people up in Ulster are not exactly the same as those in the rest of Ireland.

We eventually got there in the end. :)

They are all Irish mark. That was where we where.

You set out to prove that they are different. They are no more different than a Munster man or woman is to a Leinster man or woman.

No doubt you hold similar opinions on transgender people by dint of the sex of their birth.

Line up everyone - Francie will assign you with the correct classification.

You're making another show of yourself lad.

Facehugger, I don't have a problem how anyone identifies, they can all live freely on this island whether they identify as British, Irish Polish, German etc etc.

You are the one classifying Irish people as different...i.e. 'Nordies'.

You have a singular inability to see the inherent illogical nonsense in your own opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

I made the reasonable proposal that those 'who wanted to leave' could apply for a relocation grant.

What do you propose?

I would propose in a event of a United Ireland and in the event of Republicans following through on Francies proposal to relocate Protestants and other Unionists from Northern Ireland, that help and advice centres be set up abroad to deal with the victims if Irish unification.

Now Francie you have questions to answer about your Relocation grant scheme which you have failed to answer several times already. Would your scheme be compulsory for members of the OO and people who wanted to parade, which you would ban?
    How would your scheme be financed: to use the language of some of your comrades, would some of the proceeds of liberating land stolen from the Irish during the 300 year occupation be used to pay for some of your proposed "relocation grants" to get "partitionists" and "unionists" out of your new Utopia of Ireland?

They are all Irish mark. That was where we where.

They are also British, so not exactly the same. Am I right? :)

Facehugger, I don't have a problem how anyone identifies,

Own your words Francie.

It's quite apparent you've elected yourself as arbiter of how unionist/loyalists can identify themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

10-15 years
    Own your words Francie.

It's quite apparent you've elected yourself as arbiter of how unionist/loyalists can identify themselves.

You're a great man for no direct quotes. Have you any input on any actual discussion? You're not scoring any points if that's your goal. You're throwing waffle to see if any might stick. Tiresome.

Own your words Francie.

:):) Which bit of 'I don't have any issue with how somebody 'identifies'' do you struggle with?

Why do you have to lie so much? Do you think it bolsters your argument?

They are also British, so not exactly the same. Am I right? :)

They are Irish people who identify as 'British'. Just as there are Irish people who identify as other things listed above.

You think nobody has noticed how you have moved the goalposts to 'not 'exactly' the same? No two of us are 'exactly' the same.

janfebmar wrote: »
    I would propose in a event of a United Ireland and in the event of Republicans following through on Francies proposal to relocate Protestants and other Unionists from Northern Ireland, that help and advice centres be set up abroad to deal with the victims if Irish unification.

Answer the question janfebmar and stop being childish please. I'll ask you another way.

Do you propose forcing those who say 'they cannot live with a UI' to stay, while their political leaders who have the means to move, abandon them?

See who is doing the 'forcing' now?

*N.B. - You may have to emphatise with those who were forced to stay in northern Ireland at partition to answer the question in a humane way.

They are Irish people who identify as 'British'.

Again, not exactly the same. :)
    We do not have a DUP in Munster or Galway now do we?

If you think the people who live on the Ennis Rd. in Limerick is exactly the same as those who live on the Shankill, then god love ya. And you claim to live in a border county? :pac:

Again, not exactly the same. :)
    We do not have a DUP in Munster or Galway now do we?

If you think the people who live on the Ennis Rd. in Limerick is exactly the same as those who live on the Shankill, then god love ya. And you claim to live in a border county? :pac:

We can play this silly game all day, here's my go at that:

If you think the people who live on the Ennis Rd. in Limerick are exactly the same as those who live on Ailesbury Rd in Dublin, then god love ya.

There are no 2 people in Ireland 'exactly' the same. But anyone born on this island begins life exactly the same as everybody else born on the island...they are ALL Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

We can play this silly game all day, here's my go at that:

If you think the people who live on the Ennis Rd. in Limerick are exactly the same as those who live on Ailesbury Rd in Dublin, then god love ya.

There are no 2 people in Ireland 'exactly' the same. But anyone born on this island begins life exactly the same as everybody else born on the island...they are ALL Irish.

And people born in Tenerife and Lanzarote are Canarian as well as Spanish. People born in Sicily are Sicilian as well as Italian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement