Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After hours ban

Options
  • 24-04-2019 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal a ban for apparently not obeying a mod's instructions. I am unsure which instruction I did not obey and I would also like to highlight the authoritarian language used by the mod Pter when I tried to appeal.

"As you have not shown any indication of remorse or changing your mind, you can appeal in the DRP. Feel free to share these pms if a cmod or admin asks you to."

Why would I show remorse or change my mind about a subject where I believe I was correct? And who the hell is some mod on a discussion site to dare try and tell another human that they should show remorse? Harks back to the dark days of priests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ll ask a CMod to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Dante7 wrote: »
    I wish to appeal a ban for apparently not obeying a mod's instructions. I am unsure which instruction I did not obey and I would also like to highlight the authoritarian language used by the mod Pter when I tried to appeal.

"As you have not shown any indication of remorse or changing your mind, you can appeal in the DRP. Feel free to share these pms if a cmod or admin asks you to."

Why would I show remorse or change my mind about a subject where I believe I was correct? And who the hell is some mod on a discussion site to dare try and tell another human that they should show remorse? Harks back to the dark days of priests.

Hello, I will look into this.

Were you banned or did you receive an infraction (red card)? There's a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Ban has been lifted. Thank you.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear your ban was for 24 hours and lifted automatically at the end of that time. You can still challenge it if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Dante7 wrote: »
    Ban has been lifted. Thank you.

Let me know re; below?
    Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be clear your ban was for 24 hours and lifted automatically at the end of that time. You can still challenge it if you wish

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No response from OP - marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement