Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflective tape

Options
  • 24-04-2019 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for reflective tape/vinyl or wrap in sliver. The high grade M3 that's used on the back of vans or ambulances. Also recommend someone to fit it.

I want it in silver so it can't be seen during the day and it doesnt make it look like I'm trying to make the bike look an emergency vehicle.

Because we all know of the fools riding around trying to make themself and their bikes look like garda bikes.

I want to cover my rear luggage/pannier (left and right) and a patch either side of my front mud guard.

14950695410-8d4edff62d-b.jpg
    Screenshot-20190424-073931.jpg
    (Just incase you can't see what I mean the silver vinyl is inside the purple circle)

I know this is a police bike but it doesn't look like one if it didn't have police written on it. But this what I'm thinking as regards colour and placement on the front mud guard and the whole pannier covered not just the bottom half.

Possible the same material in red and black Or orange (not yellow)on the back of the panniers around the number plate

Bags-No-Flash2.jpg

It's hard to see bikes side on at night time, say waiting to pull out of a junction or coming up behind one fast. I don't know would I do anything with the top box maybe side and back in the black reflective tape.

BMW-K1600-GT-GTL-Reflective-Koffer-Decals-3.jpgbarclays bank branch finder

BMW-K1600-GT-GTL-Reflective-Koffer-Decals-2.jpgstrong unique male names

What do you think.

Keep it really stealthy and it might look ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I ordered black 3m reflective A4 sheets from a company in the UK through eBay. Made up a template with card for one pannier. Used that to mark the sheets (one a reverse of the other). Stuck them on, job done. There are tutorials on YouTube, using sprayed water to help position the stickers.
    Mine looks like the black/silver pannier above.

It's pretty easy to do, once you take your time over the template,.
    I'll try and get more info/pictures when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

I ordered black 3m reflective A4 sheets from a company in the UK through eBay. Made up a template with card for one pannier. Used that to mark the sheets (one a reverse of the other). Stuck them on, job done. There are tutorials on YouTube, using sprayed water to help position the stickers.
    Mine looks like the black/silver pannier above.

It's pretty easy to do, once you take your time over the template,.
    I'll try and get more info/pictures when I get home.

That would be great thanks.

Yes the black looks cool on a black bike or panniers.

I want to completely cover the panniers.

So from what I have learned I will have to put on the white/silver engineer grade reflective reflective vinyl first as it can be put on curves then apply silver high-intensity prismatic grade over it on the flat parts.

Advertisement