Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car warranty not honoured

Options
  • 24-04-2019 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, looking for advice on a warranty issue with a car I bought a year ago. My gear box is giving trouble and needs to be repaired and I've 1 months manufacturers warranty left on the car. I made enquiries yesterday and was told by the main dealer I would need a full service history to avail of the warranty so I contacted the gsrage I bought it off who told me it was only serviced by then from 40,000 kms so the naufacturers warranty is null and void. My issue is this was never explained to me when buying the car, part of the reason why I bought the car was because I was led to believe I had 14 months left of the manufacturers warranty. I'm digging my heels in with the garage I bought the car off as I feel they should have made this clear to me when buying the car in the first place. Any advice on how I should proceed with this would be most spprecisted.Thanks. .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Not trying to be "that guy" - but how did you arrive to that assumption? Did the garage provide you with any guarantees? Did the advertisement of the car itself detail that it had X amount of months left on manufacturers warranty?

It's not a case of them making it clear to you, it's a case of you asking them directly the questions you want answers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Kenlen

Hi, just to update the main dealer has agreed to carry out the repairs under manufacturers warranty.

Advertisement