Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retention

• 24-04-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All, hoping someone may be able to help. Reopened a window at the side of our house that had previously been closed. When we opened it - we made it about a foot bigger to allow for fire regs. as it is now a bedroom.
    This was done about 18mths ago but council have said they recently received a complaint about it (a pi**ed off neighbour I’d say) It now appears that we may need to apply for retention. Does anyone know the process for this, is there much involved.
    It does not overlook any property just green area that is not suitable for development.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NH12345 wrote: »
    Hi All, hoping someone may be able to help. Reopened a window at the side of our house that had previously been closed. When we opened it - we made it about a foot bigger to allow for fire regs. as it is now a bedroom.
    This was done about 18mths ago but council have said they recently received a complaint about it (a pi**ed off neighbour I’d say) It now appears that we may need to apply for retention. Does anyone know the process for this, is there much involved.
    It does not overlook any property just green area that is not suitable for development.

TIA

Standard Retention Planning Application
    Newspaper Notice
    Site Notice
    OSi Maps

Once lodged, its a 2 month statutory process for a decision.
    Where are you based?
    Drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NH12345

kceire wrote: »
    Standard Retention Planning Application
    Newspaper Notice
    Site Notice
    OSi Maps

Once lodged, its a 2 month statutory process for a decision.
    Where are you based?
    Drawings

Based in Clare. Thanks for coming back to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Based in Clare. Thanks for coming back to me.

No problem. There may be one or 2 posters on here that work in or around Clare, so they may be able to offer some more local advice.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

have u access to the original planning file: it may not have been in original plans and was put in afterwards and then had to be closed up.
    I had a case like it, so

is not relevant

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

have u access to the original planning file: it may not have been in original plans and was put in afterwards and then had to be closed up.
    I had a case like it, so

is not relevant

The original window was there from when the house was built. No issues there. Just that we have made it a bigger opening. We changed the layout of the house and then due to personal circumstances required an accessible bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The original window was there from when the house was built. No issues there. Just that we have made it a bigger opening. We changed the layout of the house and then due to personal circumstances required an accessible bedroom.
    "...Reopened a window at the side of our house that had previously been closed...."?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

"...Reopened a window at the side of our house that had previously been closed...."?

We closed it a number of years ago to change the use of the area. Then circumstances changed and changed use of the area again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is window on boundary?

Whoever does the planning retention application as part B fire ratings may apply.

Advertisement