Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

cena wrote: »
    We have a cousin that works in a hospital in Brooklyn. Maybe he can help.
    If it was an FDNY ambulance our cousin maybe able to help out as he is a fire chief with fdny

ya never know, you might have another cousin that turns out to be Donald Trump and lets her off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

gwalk wrote: »
    ya never know, you might have another cousin that turns out to be Donald Trump and lets her off

Are you saying I am lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

sugarman wrote: »
    You do know that everyone over 70 is entitled to one, yeah? Wouldnt be unreasonable to think someones mother is that age.

Everybody over 70 is entitled to a GP-only card.

The automatic medical card to everybody over 70 was abolished a few years ago.

Although the over 70s means-test is still generous, more generous than the under 70s means test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Wesser wrote: »
    Never ceases to amaze me those who are deservant of medical cards are abke6 to afford 2 trips to the states in a year.....

Medical cards are also issued to some of those with long term, serious medical conditions, you know?

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly some posters are to scream out about medical card holders, unemployed people, etc, if they so much as dare to try and have any enjoyment or social life.

TCM wrote: »
    If a person (who had insurance) had a coronary and was unconscious how would he/she be able to contact there insurer? You're senario is strange indeed.

I tried arguing that with insurance company, flat out refused to budge from their “conditions”, it’s a great excuse to not pay, be aware people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the bill must be known now. any chance the op can let us know so we can write to the indo and get the go fund me page set up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

I tried arguing that with insurance company, flat out refused to budge from their “conditions”, it’s a great excuse to not pay, be aware people.

Did you appeal to the ombudsman? How is a second person expected to know who they are insured with?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

sugarman wrote: »
    Exactly, I don't know many OAPs earning over €500 a week. Most would be on a state pension.

Most people I know over 65 earn more than just the State Pension.

The average earnings of all those over 66 were 19,256 in 2014.

A typical teacher, with 40 years service, would have a 700pw pension.

the bill must be known now. any chance the op can let us know so we can write to the indo and get the go fund me page set up

Still no news on the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

so how did the accident happen ?

• Advertisement

Jewelers wrote: »
    so how did the accident happen ?

She not sure herself. Happened too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

well no wonder you don't want to sue them , is this a makey upey thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

My mother fell and broke her hip while visiting family in the US. Ambulance, Local FD, into hospital, hip replacement surgery and stay in hospital, first class flight home with a nurse either end. A couple of weeks in hospital here.

She travels there a lot and always takes out insurance. 200,000 dollars was the conservative estimate and the insurance covered it all. If she didn't have it she'd have had to sell her home.

Don't get unwell in America without insurance.

Heckler wrote: »
    My mother fell and broke her hip while visiting family in the US. Ambulance, Local FD, into hospital, hip replacement surgery and stay in hospital, first class flight home with a nurse either end. A couple of weeks in hospital here.

She travels there a lot and always takes out insurance. 200,000 dollars was the conservative estimate and the insurance covered it all. If she didn't have it she'd have had to sell her home.

Don't get unwell in America without insurance.

Thankfully she didn't need to stay or be given any medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Jewelers wrote: »
    well no wonder you don't want to sue them , is this a makey upey thread ?

Mod

Make a contribution to the discussion or don't post. Treat the OP with some respect please and don't accuse them of making things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Talk to Joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

About 5 years ago my wife had to go to a&e for a kidney infection, the insurance bill was $3500.

2 years ago I had to go for an infection in my lip, 5 minutes with the doc and the total bill was $950.

We had insurance on both occasions but for my trip they entered the insurance number wrong into the computer. Months later my in laws got legal letters demanding payment because I had used their address as my place of residence. They notified me and I got in touch with the insurance company and all was sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

She doesnt know how she broke her finger but it was bad enough that someone called her an ambulance and it was put in a cast...

...but not bad enough to warrant medication and is so far only costing $300.

Best of luck, hope it all works out.

She doesnt know how she broke her finger but it was bad enough that someone called her an ambulance and it was put in a cast...

I can't make it any simpler for ye than she fell over. She was offered medication but refused as she is on a very high dose of painkillers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I can't make it any simpler for ye than she fell over. She was offered medication but refused as she is on a very high dose of painkillers.

Tis all a bit strange now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Well, its the first time you mentioned what had actually happened Chief. So, it's a little "clearer" now alright, good man.

Have your strategically placed relations in the healthcare or emergency services offered any assistance or advice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

MOD: Thread closed per OP request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement