Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imported UK bike

Options
  • 24-04-2019 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey guys, so I imported a bike from UK about 5 months ago and unfortunately I just haven't had the time or interest on getting out on it lately. I have VRT'd the bike but I didn't tax it straight away as it was sitting in my garage and the weather was pretty brutal back then. So I recently taxed it and it was back dated to when it was VRT'd so I paid €114 tax for the year which was fine. So a couple questions I have,

1 - I want to sell the bike soon as it's been sitting in my garage and I have no interest in it lately and I have change of plans, can I sell it after 5 months of importing it or do I have to wait a certain time limit to sell?

2 - I have taxed the bike and should receive cert this week, will my Irish log book come with it?

3 - If anyone is interested in a 2010 Kawasaki Er6f/Ninja 650 with super low mileage 6k miles has been kept in garage and has been in my garage since being imported. Let me know on here and I can send you pics and details!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can sell it anytime you want.
    Log book is usually issued once its been vrt'd and taxed. so yes, should arrive shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

GBX wrote: »
    Log book is usually issued once its been vrt'd and taxed. so yes, should arrive shortly.

Hopefully goes to someone who can put it to more use than I have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

GBX wrote: »

Nice one, be up for sale soon so!
    Here's a pic of it before It was delivered home.

Advertisement