Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods won't deliver an item on their Irish website to my Irish address

Options
  • 24-04-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am trying to order this item but in checkout it won't let me order.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/frodshamnbspready-assembled-5-drawer-chest/1600293650.prd?_requestid=76947&Ntt=frodsham

"We are unable to deliver some of the items in your basket to their selected delivery addresses. Please change their delivery addresses or remove the product from your basket to complete checkout."

I've rang numerous times at this stage about it but get b******* reasons such as they don't deliver to my particular address.

It's an Irish website so surely are supposed to deliver to Irish addresses?
    I live 20 mins from Dublin.

Have I any rights in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sneachta wrote: »
    It's an Irish website so surely are supposed to deliver to Irish addresses?
    I live 20 mins from Dublin.

It might be in Irish site, but they ship from UK, as do M&S and Debenhams.

Only the right to order it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, you'll easily get a similar chest of drawers in IKEA for less than €200 and think of all the fun you'll have assembling it!

Example: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/chest-of-drawers/hemnes-chest-of-6-drawers-white-art-20374277/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Click and collect suit you?

they do all the parcel connect sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Sneachta wrote:

They're telling you that they won't deliver the item to you. What rights do you think you should have?

Different maybe if you paid and got confirmation and then they came back to you and refused but you are merely browsing their website, selecting an item and the website is indicating that they won't deliver it to Ireland. They have the right to sell and deliver to wherever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Parcel motel then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

laotg wrote: »
    They're telling you that they won't deliver the item to you. What rights do you think you should have?

Different maybe if you paid and got confirmation and then they came back to you and refused but you are merely browsing their website, selecting an item and the website is indicating that they won't deliver it to Ireland. They have the right to sell and deliver to wherever they want.

It was on special a few weeks back. I paid, got delivery date and then it was cancelled. It was preassembled and a good price.

In terms of rights I thought maybe if it is on an Irish site with free delivery all over Ireland then that is what I should expect. They came back and said it was out of stock but when I called to enquire it wasn't and they couldn't figure out what the problem was. Told me they ordered it for me on their side then that was cancelled. Rang again escalated it and got an email saying something about my credit limit. I don't have a credit limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Your original post said you got the below when trying to order,

"We are unable to deliver some of the items in your basket to their selected delivery addresses. Please change their delivery addresses or remove the product from your basket to complete checkout."

Now you're saying you paid and got a delivery date originally. Did you somehow pay and get a delivery date without completing checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I am trying to order this item but in checkout it won't let me order.
    I paid, got delivery date and then it was cancelled.

Those two statements are totally contradictory.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

coylemj wrote: »
    Those two statements are totally contradictory.

They're not actually as they both happened on different days.

Back to my original question have you anything helpful to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sneachta wrote:

Yes. You can shop elsewhere.

The shop can offer delivery to one side of your road but not the other side if they choose to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I tried to order some furniture as well from them and they declined my order,
    I rang them and ended going round in circles with no particular reason the declined it, Money was paid out from Bank account so waiting on return of that, Is there another place that does same products as them that I could order from?

Advertisement