Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Evelyn just said on radio that winds will be of red level on coast of cork and Kerry just not as big as the direct hit on Clare.

So basically Kerry and Cork coasts will dip into red territory but not get the warnings? That is what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

dmc17 wrote: »
    Webcam from Lahinch also if it stays online

Thanks for sharing but....
    there is a maximum of 10 concurrent users

Could they not steam it to Youtube directly and then it would handle the bandwidth :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Rain just starting in cork city now

Not raining here yet but not too far away by the looks of things. Wind is getting stronger and stronger though it now seems we in Cork may escape the worst of it, those of us inland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭endainoz

dmc17 wrote:
    from Lahinch also if it stays online

Ah yeah forgot about that one, it's normally fairly stable actually. Now better stock up on some fuel and close shed doors!

• Advertisement

Raining a bit in galway just now. Not massively breezy but I don’t know if that’ll be the case for long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I think the alert is reasonable.
    Everyone is talking red which covers Met Eireann and they are only naming one county so if it's not too bad they are also covered.
    I would have included Kerry too though.
    The reason Cork isn't red is because the wind will be offshore and as she said on radio orange is also a serious warning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

So basically Kerry and Cork coasts will dip into red territory but not get the warnings? That is what she said.

Thought it was more Kerry and Galway (she mentioned Connemara)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It looks like more counties as in south Leinster should be Orange.

I'm on a hill facing the northwest so this is not ideal, sticking out like a sore thumb tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Fantastic info on this thread. Glad to be seeing it move away from Cork a bit (the east at least). Any idea of what the aftermath in the morning will be? The usual weather sites are showing a pleasant enough morning tomorrow. Or will there be lingering gusts for a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Christ we've more posts about the warning system than the actual storm!

Give it a rest please!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Given the storm profile has shifted north on the latest guidance I find it very surprising that there is no warning in place for Co. Dublin. I would expect to see yellow level winds?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭pauldry

So are times of arrival like this?

Munster 4pm Severe Winds 7 to 9pm
    Galway 5pm Severe Winds 8 to 10pm
    Mayo Sligo 9pm Severe Winds 11pm on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

She did mention cork coasts too as far as Waterford! Something for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have to drive dublin to tipp @ 18.30 and back tonight @ 02.30, should I be worried? thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Evelyn definitely did also include the Cork coastline in her comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Given the storm profile has shifted north on the latest guidance I find it very surprising that there is no warning in place for Co. Dublin. I would expect to see yellow level winds?

Delighted for once that there isnt one for Dublin , its not merited, windy day/night here thats all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

sweetie wrote: »
    Have to drive dublin to tipp @ 18.30 and back tonight @ 02.30, should I be worried? thanks

It is according to where from you are driving, yellow, red or orange zone,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Southerly winds should be increasing from now on in the south west. Its when the winds veer West/North west they will pack a punch around 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Going by latest model guidance the storm has not moved further North. It's just Clare has a western shoreline which will be more exposed to violent gusts. The whole southwest is at risk Inc Cork and Waterford....In fact a slight nudge South and Clare will be flat calm and Cork and Kerry will be worst. I think maybe they should get rid of naming a county and stick to a geographical spread. Why not say the exposed southwest is red and not name any counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’d be worried if I had to go anywhere near Tipperary storm or no storm.
    Pack of feckin Neanderthals down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

goat2 wrote:
    It is according to where from you are driving, yellow, red or orange zone,

It's a marquee wedding in Nenagh! Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh DEAR! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Latest ICON run . :eek:

some Tight gradient in that.

anim_ptk7.gif

anim_mdf6.gif

iconeu_uk1-52-25-0_wfx9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’d put Mayo, Sligo and Donegal into the Orange now.
    Those NW winds at the back really packing a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

It will be grand, all up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bumders

Potentially turn into a red for a lot more counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Satellite cloud-top temperature imagey suggests a stingjet has formed during the past two hours. Will this mean the peak strength will have occured before the main core reaches Kerry and Clare later? We'll see...

Live wind readings from the Cliffs of Moher weather station here...

https://www.windguru.cz/500581

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Looks like a drive along Black head isn't recommended so.

It'll be a howler for sure, im wondering is it safe to drive along between Ballyvaughan and Lisdoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cushtie

The one weekend we get to go away without the Kids. Where are we heading. Clare of course!!

Advertisement