Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

d'Oracle wrote: »
    They expect the dangerous conditions to hit the two counties at different times.

So for two hours ballybunion gets hit while kibaha gets nothing. Then instantaneously the storm just flips and ballybunion is fine while kilbaha gets pasted.

I guess the 8pm crossing from killimer to tarbert will sail as normal. Leaving before the red kicks in and arriving after the red kicks out of tarbet.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Really?
    You must be in a very sheltered location. There are frequent very strong gusts here about 30 km SW of the city.

There was a gust about 20 minutes ago that lasted for maybe half a minute. Other than that, it’s just been a breezy day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Wind picking up here in East Clare ,Lough Derg getting rough looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jasper100 wrote: »

So for two hours ballybunion gets hit while kibaha gets nothing. Then instantaneously the storm just flips and ballybunion is fine while kilbaha gets pasted.

I guess the 8pm crossing from killimer to tarbert will sail as normal. Leaving before the red kicks in and arriving after the red kicks out of tarbet.

As earlier, all services cancelled from 6.

I'm fairly tired of all this warning ****e, it's for the county as a whole, not specific parts! If we selected parts of countries, people would still be saying "why were they red and we weren't!", You can't win and I think the current system works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

tis picking up in Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

2811 people without power in the Cork area now. House in bishopstown still getting strong gusts every couple minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well 6-8 is the red warning for Kerry.

Ah yeah but sure Kerry is Kerry and cork is cork. Two very different places(thank jaysus)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

esposito wrote: »
    Stick? It’s not snow :D

I see everything through the prism of white, fluffy, soft, icy snow. :(

Wind picking up here a bit in the last few minutes near Dublin Airport, gone to breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

what part of the city? strong gusts in wilton/togher/bishopstown area.

You must live in some weird sort of Bishopstown triangle - your observations are nearly always out of kilter with what everyone else in the city is seeing/feeling including the folks up top of the north side hills

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gust to 68km/h for my location in Kilkenny. Starting to pick up.

• Advertisement

jackrussel wrote: »
    You must live in some weird sort of Bishopstown triangle - your observations are nearly always out of kilter with what everyone else in the city is seeing/feeling including the folks up top of the north side hills

not really, friends are texting me saying the exact same things I am experiencing.. I'm just saying its hitting the house and whistling in along with the trees blowing fairly strong, certainly not a 'breezy day'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well 6-8 is the red warning for Kerry.

And of course at 8pm the wind will miraculously stop.

Pouring rain here, wind is howling Nd trees bending over.

N Kerry, 175m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Snow falling here in Clare

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

N Kerry, 175m asl

No of course not. The worst is expected between 6-8 in Kerry which would also tie in with coastal parts of Cork. After that not as bad but still very windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Did anyone say that?

up to 3535 without power in Kerry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Where in Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Heard the same from the girlfriends sister, how is that even possible??

N Kerry, 175m asl

The Orange warning is in effect till 1:00 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Met eireann seem to (wrongly) credit the public with a bit of cop-on apparently :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

What direction wind Kenmare bay area, is it S.W.?

18:30

Cork airport gusting up to 52kts,
    Shannon at 38 kts,
    Waterford at 42kts
    Kerry at (will add when they update)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

what part of the city? strong gusts in wilton/togher/bishopstown area.

Up high on the north side

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gusting 80 km/h now here

Seems to be following the expected path and strength so far?

Will know in the next hour, would have thought wind speeds down around Valentia might have been a bit stronger by now , as Gaoth Laidir mentioned earlier that the cloud characteristics showed a possible sting jet formed which may have indicated that it peaked earlier ? Don't know . As I type wind gusts aregetting more frequent and loud!

Bit of a lull while the wind switched to the SW, big loud gusts now up around 80 km/h

rafales_uk_hxu9.png

vent_uk_ixm8.png

yq070Te.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Winds picking up here in West Dublin. I still don't see how Dublin is not a yellow level. I suspect that later, when winds turn to the NW, Dublin could be in for a bit of an unexpected stormy period

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Damaging gusts in west Kerry ... all kinds of debris flying around ... Not as bad as darwin but we are not far from it

weisses wrote: »
    Damaging gusts in west Kerry ... all kinds of debris flying around ... Not as bad as darwin but we are not far from it

Whereabouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

It is certainly ramping it up in north Kerry now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Whereabouts?

Around Ventry

• Advertisement

Very strong gusts in the Ballyphehane area of Cork City. Few election posters blowing down the road now.

Advertisement