Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

This thread has become unreadable with the amount of waffle being spouted. Again, there should be two threads, one for chat and one for actual useful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

The house is full of smoke, the wind is blowing down the mountain onto the roof. The fire is now just a smoke generator.

One of the garden trees in that video is now down and over the power lines, I just emailed ESB as we have no mobile coverage atm.

Strong gusts are still coming in - pressure up 1 to 986mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just want to say thanks to Meteorite58 for all the effort with his updates. Really appreciate it.

This and every wind storm is sponsored by Meteorite58. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Yes ... we are all doomed !!! That page really makes me giggle 🀭
    Any meteorology comedy from Tramore surf shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just want to say thanks to Meteorite58 for all the effort with his updates. Really appreciate it.

This and every wind storm is sponsored by Meteorite58. :)

Absolutely Meteorite58 is great when it comes to updates on storms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

weisses wrote: »
    Around Ventry

Spot... My uncle has a gaff on the way up to mount Eagle. It would be some viewing Im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Get them on Twitter if you can.
    SlowBlowin wrote: »
    The house is full of smoke, the wind is blowing down the mountain onto the roof. The fire is now just a smoke generator.

One of the garden trees in that video is now down and over the power lines, I just emailed ESB as we have no mobile coverage atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

power gone in fairhill in the city apperantly.

Gusts have gotten stronger in the last 20 minutes here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

18:30

Cork airport gusting up to 52kts,
    Shannon at 38 kts,
    Waterford at (will add when they update)
    Kerry at (will add when they update)

I see that two incoming flights to the airport have been diverted to Dublin and there have been no departures since 4pm. That could be it for flights until at least late tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

weisses wrote: »
    Around Ventry

I'm looking out my window at the wires blowing and praying the they stay attached to the poles.

175m asl. North Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I see that two incoming flights to the airport have been diverted to Dublin and there have been no departures since 4pm. That could be it for flights until at least late tonight.

Amsterdam and Heathrow flights cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Does anyone know if this storm were getting is because of climate change

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This thread has become unreadable with the amount of waffle being spouted. Again, there should be two threads, one for chat and one for actual useful info.

So right. I would love to see technical charts & updates that aren't buried. I appreciate that it can be a pain for the Mods to separate posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

SlowBlowin wrote: »

Pour water on the fire before you are choked to debt

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this storm were getting is because of climate change

I think the frequency of these "once in a lifetime" events are a result of climate change. This forum has shared numerous broken records in the space of two years alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Pour water on the fire before you are choked to debt

I am already choked in debt !

Pressure up again 987mb, still strong gusts but further apart. Not been too bad so far.

600 FT asl - McGillycuddy Reeks - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    I think the frequency of these "once in a lifetime" events are a result of climate change. This forum has shared numerous broken records in the space of two years alone.

The other theory is it's related to the solar minimum (see the sunspot thread here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Gust of 93.2kmh here in Mid-Kerry near Killorglin
    Gusts seem to be around the 90kmh mark at the moment ... quite a few trees down around the County but we still have power

Another gust there now oh 98.2kmh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Recent gust of 74kn/137kmh at Fastnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    The other theory is it's related to the solar minimum (see the sunspot thread here)

I seen that, but that comes around often. These records broken dated back much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gone very calm in Galway as the eye is passing over us at present according to ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Fairly okay in Cork
    Indeed the sun is out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Sherkin has the highest gust in the 7 pm reports (62 knots). Valentia only 60 kts, two less than at 6 pm. Surprised it wasn't higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Recent gust of 74kn/137kmh at Fastnet.
    Worth noting that the Fastnet wind sensor is near the top of the tower - quite high above sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Fairly okay in Cork Indeed the sun is out

Possibly only in your area of Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

ESMITH29 wrote: »

But how can they say "once in a lifetime" when records only go back 1 or 2 "lifetimes" at most...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Soffits starting creak in Waterford. Gusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Fairly okay in Cork
    Indeed the sun is out

Scroll up 3 posts to see recent wind speed in Fastnet. Pretty wild where I am. Over 3000 without power. Cork is a big place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hooter23 wrote: »
    But how can they say "once in a lifetime" when records only go back 1 or 2 "lifetimes" at most...

Records that can be considered reliable go back to the mid 19th century. So three end-to-end lifetimes. It's stupid expression in any event.

Advertisement