Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Evelyn said the winds will increase after the storm centre passes over Galway from the North West

Yes I think that is around midnight for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Getting very wild now in Waterford, no airport report since 1830 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Still a lovely day in Cork. Blue skies here in the city and no rain. Same level wind as you'd see any time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Definitely ramping up a bit here in the clare red zone. Very strange sky. Its cloudy but royal blue. Maybe something to do with sun setting behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

That was never in question. The winds have not been normal so far and blue skies don't equal calm shores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still a lovely day in Cork. Blue skies here in the city and no rain. Same level wind as you'd see any time of year.

We must be in totally different parts of the city. Its getting cloudy here, starting to drizzle (again) and the gusts are still there and, satellite dish barely stayed on at one point, not normal. Seems a few posters are the same as you though. If your in the north I'd expect things to start ramping up soon maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Well I can hear the wind gusting down the chimney near Macroom. Raining heavily too. Certainly no blue skies here

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Some very strong gusts here on a hill outside Blarney in the past 10mins. Still only orange territory by my reckoning but if the wind level ramps up it could be red territory (forecast / storm path doesn't indicate that though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭thomil

It's definitely NOT just another day here in Ballincollig, effectively between Macroom & Cork city. Pretty much continuous strong winds with some severe gusts mixed in. Rain is just starting. Also, Barometer is at 996.2mbar, not dropping, but also steadfastly refusing to climb. This isn't over.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

East Cork a few miles from the coast, rather breezy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭denismc

gusts of 47 knots reported at Cork airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

It's only a windy evening here in Cork City- sandbags on the trampoline, just in case.
    Hope the rest of the country is also safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

denismc wrote: »
    gusts of 47 knots reported at Cork airport.
    Which is nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I love a good swirl:

OHiqRVg.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Windy here in Donabate Dublin. Not as bad as the south but power has gone for the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

breezy in mid clare so far, hope it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very gusty in West Clare, very few people out and about. Petrol stations, Tesco, Aldi all closed, only pubs and takeaways open. Gusts getting stronger by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

PcAngel wrote: »
    Well I can hear the wind gusting down the chimney near Macroom. Raining heavily too. Certainly no blue skies here

My neighbors in Macroom said it was quite rough alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

When are the strongest winds expected in each area? Clare, West Cork, Cork City etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still blowing a gale. Power went for a few minutes.
    Trampoline blown across the garden. Wedged into a hedge now..

No sign of it dying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭denismc

Which is nothing special

I'm sure it is if you are trying to land a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Gone more or less calm now here in south west Connemara. Was rough in the afternoon with wind and gales. Presume there is more to come though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

53kts at Waterford airport, like an eejit I forgot we are 1 hour ahead of standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

It is wild in Schull west cork right now and has been for the last 90 minutes, worse than orphelia I reckon. Heavy rain and wind

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    I think the frequency of these "once in a lifetime" events are a result of climate change. This forum has shared numerous broken records in the space of two years alone.

This is not a once in a lifetime event.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Picking up south side cork city in the last few minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

MET EIREANN

METEOROLOGIST'S COMMENTARY

Update on Storm Hannah from Joan Blackburn issued at 1400 hrs on Friday

The latest indications are that the centre of Storm Hannah will track east over Ireland between Galway and Dublin with the most severe winds on the southern and western flank of the storm.

Warnings have been updated with a general Orange wind warning in operation across Munster and Galway and a Red level warning in operation for Clare and Kerry for a time this evening. Winds along the coasts of parts of Connemara and off shore Islands are also likely to dip into the red level at times this evening. Yellow wind warnings are in operation for the rest of Connacht and much of Leinster.

The following chart is the Met Éireann high-resolution surface pressure and wind forecast for 10pm this evening showing the status Red winds in over County Clare and the north of Kerry and on the Connemara coast. the centre of Hannah is moving in over the midlands.

uXa2AC7.jpg

Latest ECM for 22.00

TACh8RW.png

tomtzt5.png

Ts374Uk.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Gone more or less calm now here in south west Connemara. Was rough in the afternoon with wind and gales. Presume there is more to come though.

Should pick up in an hour and stay until 1/2 am

Advertisement