Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

dharma200 wrote: »
    Some pretty powerful gusts here in Clare. Bricking it as old roof and a few of the tiles not so great..... Hope stays intact. It is as red here as ever was a red.

I went out to the car earlier, and im serious now..

I heard a sound off that wind which I never heard from a wind before.

It was an angry violent sound, a like get back into your house you silly man

embraer170 wrote: »
    A colleague was on tonight’s Dublin-Farranfore flight, which got cancelled. They put passengers on a coach instead. You would have to wonder if that is such a great idea with all the stay off the roads warnings around.

Sure the whole journey as far as adare is peppered in big trees, they should have put then up for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hannah landed here with a great roar around 9.30 pm. I was deep asleep.... Just catching up with all your news...west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

nthclare wrote: »
    I went out to the car earlier, and im serious now..

I heard a sound off that wind which I never heard from a wind before.

It was an angry violent sound, a like get back into your house you silly man

That’s exactly how I described Ophelia in Cork, it was a very angry ominous sound high in the sky

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hannah landed here with a great roar around 9.30 pm. I was deep asleep.... Just catching up with all your news...west mayo offshore island

You and your furry friends all tucked in???

Graces7 wrote: »

I read that as ha ha, landed here... and assumed you had landed on a Ryanair flight somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Some serious wind here in wexford now atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Very windy in west limerick for about 2 hours..power went for a minute but back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cork Boy 53, here's those max wind gusts for April at Cork stations I promised. Keep in mind, Roches Point's data here is not its complete records as I have data available only back to 1956 whilst it has recorded data back to the 19th century.

Interesting how 17 April 2013 appears in both, didn't think that period was that windy but stats show differently. Maybe a post on it sometime in the stats thread?

XdmpvFD.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

Getting much worse here in very South Tipp - rainy and the wind fairly howling, only about 7 C at the moment. Rotten night to be out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Shannon Airport metar gust (measured in preceding 10 minutes) was 58 knots at 21Z. We'll see what the hourly max gust will be in the synop.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

5.4C here (Kilkenny hills) with a wind chill now at -0.1C, winds gusting to 63km/h at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Some savage gusts now in East Cork, really picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

I know the title says Munster but whats the latest for Galway? Orange warning for coastal +Connemara areas? Or will it spread east over night. Píssíng rain in north east of the county all evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Shannon Airport metar gust (measured in preceding 10 minutes) was 58 knots at 21Z. We'll see what the hourly max gust will be in the synop.

The hourly max was 64 knots.

Meanwhile Mace Head 310 ° 48 gust 65 kts. Highest recorded gust so far.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shannon gusting 64kts at 9:30.

This gust makes it the highest wind gust for April at Shannon since 1960 and the third highest on record (again for April) back to 1945.

Dogs are on edge here in North Cork, it is getting stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    This gust makes it the highest wind gust for April at Shannon since 1960 and the third highest on record back to 1945.

Third highest Shannon during April or third highest Shannon?
    Surely not the latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dogs are on edge here in North Cork, it is getting stronger.

Wonder if it will work it's way down to the city

• Advertisement

sdanseo wrote: »
    Third highest Shannon during April or third highest Shannon?
    Surely not the latter?

During April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Pretty windy with some severe gusts at my location outside Limerick City on the Tipperary side. Not the worst storm so far. Power still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

We don't forget Darwin February 2014....

Broadleaf trees were not in leaf at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

xabi wrote: »
    He/she not giving up just yet

Going to Dublin now I'd say ... strangely the are Lingus regional are landing in cork ...must be the wind direction and the shorter runway ....it's sounds wild outside now With the heaviest rain all evening outside cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Unreal here at the moment in South Limerick, a big tree down on road blocking access to our nearest village

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Very strong gusts East Limerick. Just heard from family that power in Liscannor has gone (Clahane).

P.lane78 wrote: »
    Going to Dublin now I'd say ... strangely the are Lingus regional are landing in cork ...must be the wind direction and the shorter runway ....it's sounds wild outside now With the heaviest rain all evening outside cork city

Just noticed that, 2 props landed on the shorter runway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Fairly wet and windy now in Cork City .... certainly not stormy, but wouldn't like to have to drive tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭65535

EI3709 from Birmingham having some difficulty in landing in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 theMountain

theguzman wrote: »
    Broadleaf trees were not in leaf at that time.

Broadleafs on the coast of west Clare ....not in my life time anyway ...

Advertisement