Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalling on one job offer while waiting to hear from another?

Options
  • 24-04-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Never been in this situation, so I'm just wondering what's the right thing to do.

I had an interview of a job last week that I really, really want. They told me they'd let me know at the end of this week, but it could run into next week. I wouldn't say I'm a favourite to land this job, but I feel like I've a chance.

At the same time I had an interview for another job yesterday. I feel like I am likely to get an offer from this one, and they will be letting me know tomorrow, for sure. Should I just accept their offer, if there is one, and say nothing about the other place? My worry is that I got this interview through an agency, and they probably won't do business with me again if take their job and change my mind a week later?

I'm leaning towards just being upfront about it, but maybe that's not clever?

Advertisement