Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly tipper

Options
  • 24-04-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

What can I do about the ratbag who keeps dumping bags of rubbish on the foot path of our Glenageary cul de sac?

DLRCOCO street cleaners are very few and far between. I have in the past put a couple of small rubbish bags in my black bin, but not every day. Ideas on a postcard please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Cul de sac? Ideal for cctv. Get on the phone to DLRCC Environment dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Download the App - see it say it. Pic attached. We get people dumping rubbish, at a cut through to the main road, in our estate. I have always found DLR council very responsive. I would use the app on the way to work and it’s always gone by the time I come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Download the App - see it say it. Pic attached.

A link to the app on the Play Store is way better than a screen grab of the app splash screen .....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.fusio.necl&gl=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

coylemj wrote: »
    A link to the app on the Play Store is way better than a screen grab of the app splash screen .....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.fusio.necl&gl=IE

Why is it ? You don’t know he is using android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

That app has really bad reviews, such a pity because the concept it brilliant.

Turns out it is st points you to fixyourstreet. Easier to just report it there OP

http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,563 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Use www.fixyourstreet.ie instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

One thing that sometimes works with littering:
    Gird yourself in a boiler suit and rubber gloves, etc: open the bags and spread out contents - ideally, on a sheet of plastic etc.
    You may well find an envelope or paper with the name/address of the owner. Score!!

Now you have several options:

A. Return them to the owner in the same manner - dump the bags outside their address. (make sure the neighbours see this)
    B. Write to the owner in very strong terms.
    C. Report the owner to DLRCoCo with all details and photos, they may prosecute.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Day Lewin wrote: »
    One thing that sometimes works with littering:
    Gird yourself in a boiler suit and rubber gloves, etc: open the bags and spread out contents - ideally, on a sheet of plastic etc.
    You may well find an envelope or paper with the name/address of the owner. Score!!

Reality check.....

Several local authorites do this, then they issue a fine notice and a few weeks later, they find another bag of household refuse dumped down the same laneway containing the fine notice. The ratbags who do this couldn't give a sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Absolutely true story:

A neighbour of mine did this when a driver threw a bin sack out of a car driving along the N11 near Belfield. (She saw it happen)
    She picked up the black bag, went through it, and found an address.
    She then drove to that address and it was a nice bourgeois suburb of Sth Dublin: the same car in the driveway and all, a Mercedes.
    Well, she knocked and they answered and a heated exchange followed.
    Apparently at one point the accused guy said in a huffy way "I don't know why you're accusing me, this isn't Crumlin you know!"
    and my stalwart friend replied, "I'm sure there are hundreds of people in Crumlin who would never do what you did!"
    She opened the black bag and poured the contents all over his front garden. And stalked away.

Advertisement