Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Hurrache wrote: »
    He didn't "appear out of nowhere", nor did He just "appear right in front of you like that".

Beeping was a dick move.

I guess every driver should be equipped with at least 2 extra pair of eyes, looking out for d1ck cyclists appearing out of nowhere. Like there is not enough sh1t going on the roads already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

He was looking at the lights far ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

McCrack wrote: »

I have to hold my hand up for that one also. I've driven through that junction hundreds of times but I've done that on one occasion just not minding. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Most probably mistaken the lights, but still, I wouldnt risk it to go ahead, when the cars are still going at you.
    From RSA book :
    Traffic Lights
    A red light means “stop”. If the light is red as you approach
    it, you must not go beyond the stop line at the light or,
    if there is no stop line, beyond the light.

A green light means you may go on if the way is clear. Take
    special care if you intend to turn left or right and give way
    to pedestrians who are crossing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

McCrack wrote: »

Maybe he's posting a video somewhere of all those other drivers breaking their red, now that would be funny. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Travelling through a small village, stayed at the 50 then 60 then 80km/hr limits out of the village and at all times the 10 DL 520d was literally inches behind my car. Blew my horn as he blew past me than he slammed on just as we hit the 100km/h zone on a bend and brow of a hill. Unfortunatley did not get the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What an absolute moron! I like to tip along myself. If someone in front of me is doing the speed limit I will never drive on their bumper because the are obeying the rules. If someone is going exceptionally slow it really bugs me, but I never break check them or beep the horn. I will wait for my chance to over take and leave them to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Unfortunatley did not get the reg.

Is it not 10-DL-13828, visible as it overtakes you?

Is it not 10-DL-13828, visible as it overtakes you?

Fair play to you , that was the number kind of in my head allright. Just seen it on cartell. There is not a lot I can do apart from put it up here. I'm sure Garda would not entertain it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Fair play to you , that was the number kind of in my head allright. Just seen it on cartell. There is not a lot I can do apart from put it up here. I'm sure Garda would not entertain it anyway.

You could call Traffic Watch on 1890 205 805 - that's what they're there for. I know people who've been talked to about their driving, although I don't know if anything came of it.

More from the UK, first clip is very dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I have to hold my hand up for that one also. I've driven through that junction hundreds of times but I've done that on one occasion just not minding. :o

I've made the same mistake myself at that junction ONCE before.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

And there was nothing prior to all this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

As always, I'm amazed that these drivers are in such a rush when behind, yet magically have the time to slam on their brakes once they get in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

As always, I'm amazed that these drivers are in such a rush when behind, yet magically have the time to slam on their brakes once they get in front.

Same as the people who pull out in front of you at the last minute in a mad rush and then drive at 45kph.

And there was nothing prior to all this?
    No , I drove like a normal person. I live in this village. I had pulled out from a side road onto the 50 km/h road and he was at least 1/2k away and was up behind me in a matter of seconds. I am not trying to be smart but by you asking that question you are trying to justify in some way what he had done?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

No , I drove like a normal person. I live in this village. I had pulled out from a side road onto the 50 km/h road and he was at least 1/2k away and was up behind me in a matter of seconds. I am not trying to be smart but by you asking that question you are trying to justify in some way what he had done?

Where did I say that? No justification for what he did going by what you say. Some drivers are just knobs, you did nothing wrong and he'll get his dues some day.

zubair wrote: »
    Same as the people who pull out in front of you at the last minute in a mad rush and then drive at 45kph.

The amount of times I was driving in the Mrs' Ibiza with the L plates up (my L plates) and someone would pull out in front of me when they saw I was a learner, only to then drive slower than I was travelling in the first place.......At least you're not stuck behind a learner, though pal, eh?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Some clips from the last few months.

*All my own fault because i'm a pr1ck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Cyclists with cans of Guinness

Monster maybe?

tumbnail_6c532485-00c6-4994-87d4-d4c5886db7c0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Definitely report it, Carlow Gardai are actually not to bad on following up on dangerous driving reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

More from the UK, first clip is very dramatic.

[YOUE]h-Y9YO4-xA0[/YOUTUBE]

Any backstory to that first clip? Serious explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Thargor wrote: »
    Any backstory to that first clip? Serious explosion.
    Happened on the A47 near Uppingham on February 22nd. The truck driver was able to get out by himself, the car driver had to be cut free and airlifted to hospital.

You can read blow-by-blow updates here: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/live-police-shut-a47-between-2574327

And see a few aftermath pictures here: https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/updated-person-airlifted-to-hospital-after-a47-crash-and-hgv-fire-between-uppingham-and-glaston-9062769/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭sundodger5

looks like the car took out the trucks fuel tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

zubair wrote: »

I find this only happens when there is nothing behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Met this future organ donor on Tuesday evening on the way home from work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Definitely report it, Carlow Gardai are actually not to bad on following up on dangerous driving reports.

How does that work. Do you just to into a guards and show them on your phone or do they want to keep the sd card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How does that work. Do you just to into a guards and show them on your phone or do they want to keep the sd card.

I called traffic watch, Garda rang me a few days later to set up appointment at the station responsible for that area. Brought them in the video on a USB stick, Gard copied it onto the computer in the station, but I let them keep the stick anyway. Also took a statement on what happened which I signed.

Advertisement