Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

N25 + N40 Shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

^ Some people really have a death wish. Some seriously dodgy overtaking going on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

ewj1978 wrote: »
    N25 + N40 Shenanigans!

There seems to be a lot of cars overtaking (albeit illegally) you on straight national roads

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

ewj1978 wrote: »
    N25 + N40 Shenanigans!

Jeez some brutal driving here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I had the pleasure of getting this presented to me.
    Ah well... at least he used his indicator.
    Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ... on mobile devices

We're talking phones here not vehicles, right?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Taken over the last few months (and towards the end of winter). Total disregard for red lights, hard shoulders and overall ignorance towards any rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't make unnecessary journeys....

• Advertisement

Lane blocking and dangerous/pointless undertake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

One from this evening. I didn't realise the crash until I got home, just assumed the golf had broken down.

Definitely not clever driving.. thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

^^ Both idiots from what I can see. Traffic ahead stopping/stopped and black golf decision to merge with traffic so close behind him was very dangerous and idiotic. Conversely, the silver golf should have been on his brake's as soon as the black golf was merging, had more than enough time to see that traffic ahead was stopping. Not sure who's more to blame to be honest.

jaxxx wrote: »
    ^^ Both idiots from what I can see. Traffic ahead stopping/stopped and black golf decision to merge with traffic so close behind him was very dangerous and idiotic. Conversely, the silver golf should have been on his brake's as soon as the black golf was merging, had more than enough time to see that traffic ahead was stopping. Not sure who's more to blame to be honest.

Pretty much my thoughts too. I'd say the silver golf was pissed off with the dangerous merge and decided to sit behind her. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

tedpan wrote: »
    Pretty much my thoughts too. I'd say the silver golf was pissed off with the dangerous merge and decided to sit behind her. Madness.

Oh geez, I know. I think the mindset is something like: "Hmm the car in front of me is getting closer and closer, but I see no reason to use the brakes!"

I'm not a scientist, but I would personally love all these dumb-dumbs to donate their brains to science once dead so they can be investigated. I wager there's some rather large empty spaces there!

tedpan wrote: »

Totally agree with the above..but the real question is who will the insurance deem liable and I would bet that it's gonna be the silver golf. They had an opportunity to avoid the collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

if your man in silver golf has no dash cam, hi is fcuked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Carpentry wrote: »
    if your man in silver golf has no dash cam, hi is fcuked

Silver Golf is losing his no claims regardless I'd say, even with a dashcam he will take partial blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There seemed to be a bit of an impact from the silver golf. To me it looks like they were waiting to the last second to break just to put the frights on the other driver. Didn't work out too well. Both drivers are to blame in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭This is it

tuxy wrote: »
    Silver Golf is losing his no claims regardless I'd say, even with a dashcam he will take partial blame.

Yep, stupid from the black car but the silver car had plenty of time to slow and avoid the crash, and didn't.

I hate that junction. As well as cars fighting to get ahead of you in the left lane you have others staying in the right lane but still coming off at the first exit and trying to force their way in. I wouldn't mind but the queue, at around 6.15 anyway, is usually only a few cars long. Chill the f**k out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Not one but two red light jumpers... and then I really don't know what the white car was trying to do.. Some say she's still sitting there to this day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 del23

M50 this morning early stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Roundabout entertainment. Hard to know what goes through people's heads sometimes.

NSFW bad language

Also in the bad parking thread here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111010300&postcount=355

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

black golf above the driver waves as well, maybe into the rear window after the bang ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There seemed to be a bit of an impact from the silver golf. To me it looks like they were waiting to the last second to break just to put the frights on the other driver. Didn't work out too well. Both drivers are to blame in fairness.
    Is the driver behind not the one who always gets the blame?

After all, you are meant to keep a good distance behind the car in front, but it looks like the 2nd driver was tailgating the Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is the driver behind not the one who always gets the blame?

I would hope that if someone switched lane without waning right infront of another car and slamed on the brakes that they would be found to be at fault.
    Of course in the vast majority of cases it's the driver behind tailingating or not paying attention that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭accensi0n

cefh17 wrote: »
    Not one but two red light jumpers... and then I really don't know what the white car was trying to do.. Some say she's still sitting there to this day :D

Think there was actually 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

McCrack wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of cars overtaking (albeit illegally) you on straight national roads

Welcome to the race track thats known as the N25 especially between 6-7am.
    Personally I obey the speed limits as I need my car to commute to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

accensi0n wrote: »
    Think there was actually 3.

Aha, I wasn't looking at the left lane! Standard so :/

Advertisement