Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

2 clips from a while ago. Was doing the speed limit in the first one. I don't know how I managed to miss the car in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you're embedding YT vids just enter the code from the URL in the YouTube tags, not the whole URL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

2 clips from a while ago. Was doing the speed limit in the first one. I don't know how I managed to miss the car in front.

That was a very close one..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Few bits from the last month.

(might or might not work due to a copyright claim because of the song used at the start)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

(might or might not work due to a copyright claim because of the song used at the start)

Anybody else bopping their head to that one. Quality editing Andy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

tedpan wrote: »
    One from this evening. I didn't realise the crash until I got home, just assumed the golf had broken down.

Definitely not clever driving.. thoughts?

Almost entirely the Black cars fault.

Between the X3 moving out of lane and the Black car cutting off the Golf was around 1 second. This was Silver's only chance to see the stopped traffic ahead.

During this 1 second, I'm sure Silver was far more concerned with Black barging into lane instead of looking up the road. Mistake but very understandable. Hard to justify braking hard to maintain your braking distance when there's a car behind you and you can't see the stopped / slow traffic.

Since the Black Golf was so close, Silver still couldn't see the stopped traffic ahead.

The Dacia reacted in good time to the situation, but instead of braking hard or going left to leave the Golf an escape route, they went right and cut off.

While in theory the fault will lie with Silver, I do feel very sorry for them.

We all know too that the type of person who drives the Black Golf like that is the same type of entitled individual who will claim heavily for non-existent whiplash.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Always buy good tyres and keep your distance, especially in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

...Was doing the speed limit in the first one...

Have to say I've never seen a 67kph speed limit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Ummm... What's wrong with the second clip??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nobody injured. Driver fined for driving too fast and additionally, for out of date HGV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Learner driver was overly cautious at a set of green lights, then didn't know what lane to choose and then cuts in in front of a van to make a left turn.

Learner driver was overly cautious at a set of green lights, then didn't know what lane to choose and then cuts in in front of a van to make a left turn.

Not really seeing anything wrong - hardly cutting up the van and slowing down as pedestrian crossing the road and you don't know if they are gonna stop

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not really seeing anything wrong - hardly cutting up the van and slowing down as pedestrian crossing the road and you don't know if they are gonna stop

The way I see it he/she changed lanes directly in front of the van only to slow down to make the left turn which resulted in the van having to apply the brakes. Lack of proper observation that their turn was just ahead of the van and they should have got into the correct lane behind the van instead of in front of it. That, the L plate and the slowing down at the traffic lights would suggest the driver was nervous/indecisive due to a lack of experience on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

the fault there is probably entirely with the Instructor who told the driver to stick to the right hand lane when they were clearly very nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Too cool the way he flipped the cone out to let people know he just crashed... He must be Chuck Norris :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm not so sure that was anything to do with his tyres, he went far too rapidly to the right, I'd say brake imbalance or he swerved when he realised how close he was to the car in front, driver panic from not paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

The cheese grater central barrier didn't absorb much of his energy either and nearly propelled him back into the car in the, eh, overtaking/outside/second/fasht lane.
    I prefer a more solid central barrier.

Friday night entertainment :)

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Friday night entertainment :)

Oh deer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

This is why I don't drive when back home ;)

Some of them are so right that they won't let you in no matter what. Never slow down a bit or even pay attention when approaching junctions, because they are on the main road and in the right etc.

Extreme examples, but driving in Ireland is a breeze compared to that slavic nature and "I am right and I am good driver" attitude :(

Drivers are good skill and knowledge wise, but their attitude stinks.

Also you can drive without license and only get fined, so there is that element of not giving a ****, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

not much defensive driving going on!

The latest from dickwod, he's back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

afm ireland - one dangerous fu*cking d!ckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Guy kneeling in the road, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Devoted Christian or just too fond of the sneachta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

DaDumTish wrote: »
    afm ireland - one dangerous fu*cking d!ckhead
    One can only hope he was reported to his boss and Gardai for such driving. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://twitter.com/GroupAfm is the twitter for that company

• Advertisement

Here are a few from this weekend, it's only Saturday afternoon :)

Advertisement