Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Mr Snow wrote: »

This Man ask me for money to buy aftershave off him

its a new range

'Culture, for men '

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Gorteen

tedpan wrote: »
    Dangerous guy, but they're all idiots.. What were any of them doing in the overtaking lane anyway?

They were overtaking the truck but didn't return to the left-hand lane quick enough for the dick in the Dacia. I had noticed him previously doing something similar around Liffey Valley area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Gorteen wrote: »
    They were overtaking the truck but didn't return to the left-hand lane quick enough for the dick in the Dacia. I had noticed him previously doing something similar around Liffey Valley area.

Looked to me like none of those cars had any interest in pulling into the driving later after the truck overtake. I would have passed on the inside myself (without the other silly nonsense).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep, undertake, looking straight ahead and holding this up out of your window:

41KTE93DfnL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Dash Cam. M4 westbound. Blue Dacia estate being driven by a dick! https://youtu.be/bI_5v2gtIJA

You undertook also just to get those youtube hits :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dash Cam. M4 westbound. Blue Dacia estate being driven by a dick! https://youtu.be/bI_5v2gtIJA

You're undertaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

So what - get by them ASAP - they clearly are too thick or ignorant to move over to the driving lane

McCrack wrote: »
    So what - get by them ASAP - they clearly are too thick or ignorant to move over to the driving lane

Because it's dangerous and stupid.

What if the driver wants to pull over to the left? he/she has cars speeding past them there, illegally.

The cheek also to title the video 'Terrible Driver Behaviour'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

J Mysterio wrote:

What if the driver wants to pull over to the left? he/she has cars speeding past them there, illegally.

Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

J Mysterio wrote: »

well, thats what the mirrors are for.

Its not undertaking, its driving within speed limit, but faster than cars in fast lane :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Carpentry wrote: »

Its not undertaking, its driving within speed limit, but faster than cars in fast lane :cool:

So you're going to put yourself in a position where the other driver won't expect a faster car, and then rely on their conscientious use of mirrors to keep you safe?

Even though you know by their driving up this point that they're not using their mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yeah and they're also not using the driving lane so it's free to use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

J Mysterio wrote: »

So you'd rather sit in the passing lane going below the speed limit holding up all the traffic behind you because one car in front is to stupid to understand the rules of the road?

What happens next we have a line of 20 cars sitting in the passing lane doing 90, whilst the driving lane is empty.

It beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

So you'd rather sit in the passing lane going below the speed limit holding up all the traffic behind you because one car in front is to stupid to understand the rules of the road?

What happens next we have a line of 20 cars sitting in the passing lane doing 90, whilst the driving lane is empty.

It beggars belief.

Keep your distance, indicate right, and the occasional flash and you'll be on your way at a normal speed in 30 seconds.

Undertaking has the potential for the the next car to come behind them, tailgate, and they move over without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

But he actually sped up as if to prove a point when passing the cars :rolleyes:

The only non gob****es in that clip were driving a truck and that black car way out in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nope, it's definitely undertaking, overtaking on the left, not criticizing, I've done it myself but angry garda could see it different etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Keep your distance, indicate right, and the occasional flash and you'll be on your way at a normal speed in 30 seconds.

Undertaking has the potential for the the next car to come behind them, tailgate, and they move over without looking.

So you want me to flash and indicate right even if I'm the fourth/fifth or fifteenth car in a long line of cars sitting in the passing lane instead of using the empty driving lane?

You'll be a long long time trying to move all of the cars into the correct lane. Also some people clearly don't understand lane procedure in Ireland and when you flash or indicate instead of realising there error get the hump instead of moving over.

Driver education is the biggest issue in Ireland in how to use road and lanes. There not thought how to drive on motorways the once they pass the licence off ya go your now long of the road you have your full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Any more cam videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

overtaking on the left is illegal and potentially dangerous. Having said that, I've done it myself, (obviously on a closed road in another jurisdiction, or maybe I just made it up)

If anything goes wrong, you'd be hung out to dry.

So you want me to flash and indicate right even if I'm the fourth/fifth or fifteenth car in a long line of cars sitting in the passing lane instead of using the empty driving lane?

You'll be a long long time trying to move all of the cars into the correct lane. Also some people clearly don't understand lane procedure in Ireland and when you flash or indicate instead of realising there error get the hump instead of moving over.

Driver education is the biggest issue in Ireland in how to use road and lanes. There not thought how to drive on motorways the once they pass the licence off ya go your now long of the road you have your full licence.

I love people going on about 'driver education' being lacking and then they just do what they want because other drivers drive poorly. That's the solution alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moar videos please

moar-cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Here's some classics...

I have a few clips to put together, will hopefully have a video over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ahh classic Mr Bean, some of them are just too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Here's some classics...

I have a few clips to put together, will hopefully have a video over the weekend

Jaysus the dog!:eek:

boardz wrote: »
    Jaysus the dog!:eek:

Rewatched your man going down the hole 5 times

fritzelly wrote:
    Rewatched your man going down the hole 5 times

I know :D he walked off like, I got very dirty. Hmmmm

I know :D he walked off like, I got very dirty. Hmmmm
    Was that his wife looking on, she looked fierce!

Was that his wife looking on, she looked fierce!

Maybe she was directing him ;)

• Advertisement

Advertisement