Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

wonski wrote:
    Unfollowed for a day or two

This should be a chat free thread tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Video title is fair. The cyclist was going quite a lot faster than the car at the time of the collision.

Car driver was in the wrong yes, but the cyclist moreso. He put himself in a position where he was always going to lose if anyone else made a tiny mistake. No lights in the rain, too fast in traffic, and hands nowhere near the brakes.

In heavy traffic, it is your responsibility to reduce your speed appropriately to be able to react in time. The car drivers movement was deliberate and IMO to be expected for an area with parking and a gap in traffic, but certainly faster than they should have been in that situation.

It is impossible for the car driver too see to the left and right of the bonnet without a camera system, and this needs to be accounted for by others road users.

But what your saying is that the crossing car is by definition at fault, which is ridiculous. Am I at fault if a motorbike hits me at 200kph when I pull out of a side road? Obviously not.

As a driver, I'm not entitled to drive too fast for the conditions and smash the nose of any car that is pulling out from between other cars in traffic and edges centimetre by centimetre into my lane.

Rather than dismiss a key point that you don't want to discuss as nonsense, please explain why. Hands on the drop bars in traffic like that is beyond stupid - no arguing that one.

It's the equivalent of using cruise control in traffic outside a school, planting your two feet flat on the floor of the car, and denying all responsibility when a child runs in front of the car.

The cyclist doesn't brake whatsoever as far as I can see. Just because he can fit to the left of cars, does not mean that he can go at 50kph, ignore the environment and claim "right of way".

Wouldn't get anywhere except the doors being locked and Gards being called.

Now you're just completely making up things that I haven't said to suit your point.

Anyway, I would actually apportion some blame to the BMW driver. If you're going to let someone go, you should be checking your left hand mirror for cyclists.

Utter utter nonsense

"If you're going to let someone go, you should be checking your left hand mirror for cyclists"

Actually yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

If there was a collision between the car turning and the cyclist the car would be fully liable

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back to videos please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

tedpan wrote: »

@6:00 the guy on the radio is giving out about foreign aid of 1 Billion...goes on to say " I don't know if your listeners know but a billion is a hundred million....." Hope he never finds out he'll proper blow a gasket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

micar wrote: »

Actually yes

Thanks.

I guess we went too far off topic and posts deleted. Fair enough. Car in your clip was wrong for sure. Good job stopping.

Anyway, here's one from me. Normally the right lane (M50 Northbound) is busiest. Cars come up the middle lane and barge in to skip the queue - but then block the middle lane also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

Thanks.

I guess we went too far off topic and posts deleted. Fair enough. Car in your clip was wrong for sure. Good job stopping.

Anyway, here's one from me. Normally the right lane (M50 Northbound) is busiest. Cars come up the middle lane and barge in to skip the queue - but then block the middle lane also.

Sexually active?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

McCrack wrote: »
    Sexually active?

I didn't even notice that to be honest!

Some from my dash cam :)

4:33!!!!!! :pac:

You took that BMW drivers road from her , she's super pissed at you :D

• Advertisement

You took that BMW drivers road from her , she's super pissed at you

I know, I was staring at her, she then started shouting, 'what are you staring at, learn to drive' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I know, I was staring at her, she then started shouting, 'what are you staring at, learn to drive' :D

I felt the rage watching that bit.

An old one but I hadn't watched it before..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Somebody should tell the van driver to get his left light cluster fixed. Do commercial drivers never do walkaround checks any more?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It's been a while since I've come across anything worthwhile to post, but had this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Short but to the point

AKA road kill

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

My first dashcam post.
    I was given a low-quality entry level dashcam as a Christmas present. After today I may invest in a better model.

Two incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

My videos from today. Looks like running a red light is now the norm :rolleyes:

Gardai

Red light

Red light

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Genuine heart in mouth moment earlier.

Saw him edging on the road and thankfully slowed a bit before slamming the brakes.
    Camera always looks less scary than it is, but I thought I was gonna be in the back of him for sure.

I (perhaps stupidly) got out to talk to him at next junction.
    Old man in his 80s. Said he never saw me and said sorry.
    I'd a young kid in the back.

Really can't take your eyes off the road for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Genuine heart in mouth moment earlier.

Saw him edging on the road and thankfully slowed a bit before slamming the brakes.
    Camera always looks less scary than it is, but I thought I was gonna be in the back of him for sure.

I (perhaps stupidly) got out to talk to him at next junction.
    Old man in his 80s. Said he never saw me and said sorry.
    I'd a young kid in the back.

Really can't take your eyes off the road for a second.

Did you have your headlights on? Just curious as to how he wouldn't see you, but maybe it's his eyesight if he's in his 80s!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

People can't see if they don't look properly. Something motorcyclists and cyclists deal with a lot. I often see people driving along and an emergency services vehicle has the blues on and trying to clear the junction.

Don't know if this was posted before but a good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

chewed wrote: »
    Did you have your headlights on? Just curious as to how he wouldn't see you, but maybe it's his eyesight if he's in his 80s!

Yep, I always drive with my dips on.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cr-07

More UK videos, including Athlone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Red light cameras would make millions every year - auto fine and points in the post
    Dunno why there is no impetus to install them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

0f8507ad164dd4e231bdfdc1ba50f057.png

You might want to point the camera a bit more down.
    Will probably improve brightness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fritzelly wrote: »
    Red light cameras would make millions every year - auto fine and points in the post
    Dunno why there is no impetus to install them

Add Bus Lane cameras as well. They'd pay for themselves after about a week, then they would bring in a fortune to whatever council installed them.

or,

they would stop people driving in bus lanes!!

Theres nothing more infuriating than seeing 10 cars zipping past you in an active bus lane, knowing they'll need to merge back into your lane up ahead thus slowing you even further!!

Or, how about allowing people drive in a bus lane, but it costs you €30 per km to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Add Bus Lane cameras as well. They'd pay for themselves after about a week, then they would bring in a fortune to whatever council installed them.

or,

they would stop people driving in bus lanes!!

Theres nothing more infuriating than seeing 10 cars zipping past you in an active bus lane, knowing they'll need to merge back into your lane up ahead thus slowing you even further!!

Or, how about allowing people drive in a bus lane, but it costs you €30 per km to do so.

Like few buses overtaking one another just to go back into a bus lane and stop in front the one he just passed, slowing normal traffic even further.

Advertisement