Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow, that van at ~39s :eek:

One of the jammiest feckers out there....
    That was some impeccable timing....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

6:50 - Did the motorbike manage to do that damage to the red car?
    7:20 - Driver of the cam car on the roundabout was a bit of a kunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

josip wrote: »
    6:50 - Did the motorbike manage to do that damage to the red car?

Bike = looks like it. Even at legal speeds, the impact of a rider and bike would cause a big dent.

Cam car has no obligation to somebody who is barging their way out though. Yeah nice to be nice but from the start the other driver was going to pull out like the other car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

I thought the exact same. One my personal pet hates is people queuing on a roundabout and failing to make room for cross traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

tossy wrote: »
    You're going too fast for that street in that clip.

Dear Gawwwwd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Ok ok I don't want you to think I'm making fun of women drivers here jeeeeez :(
    here's a good positive one,.this lady actually uses her indicators,,which is good and positive YES? :confused:

but its a wrong one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

tossy wrote: »
    I don't think you know what the definition of a keyboard warrior is :D

keyboard warrior (plural keyboard warriors) (informal, derogatory) A person who behaves aggressively and/or in an inflammatory manner in online text-based discussion media, but at the same time does not behave similarly in real life, potentially due to cowardice, introversion or shyness.

All I can say is "You have the correct username" :D

Damien360 wrote: »
    I thought the exact same. One my personal pet hates is people queuing on a roundabout and failing to make room for cross traffic.

I think this is what you're looking for?
    Like the car that went ahead of me I was actually indicating R to take the second exit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Emmersonn wrote: »
    keyboard warrior (plural keyboard warriors) (informal, derogatory) A person who behaves aggressively and/or in an inflammatory manner in online text-based discussion media, but at the same time does not behave similarly in real life, potentially due to cowardice, introversion or shyness.

You know me better than i know myself, i definitely find myself with more courage when i'm behind a computer screen and i'm cowardly and shy in real life :pac:

Then again if you're getting upset at my very noninflammatory remark to a different poster perhaps you're a bit of a snowflake yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Damien360 wrote: »

I agree with that, people blocking others from entering who are using a different exit are selfish.

That was NOT what happened in that clip, the car entering was bullying his way into the queue and cam car was right in not letting him away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wow, that van at ~39s :eek:

Oriel Street/Seville Place junction. No way he's seen both ways clearly to make that move that quick . Went in blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

If you live/work in the Blanchardstown area, you know about the badly designed roundabouts in Ballycoolin/Tyrellstown. Here's the crash from Monday morning..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

tedpan wrote: »
    Here's the crash from Monday morning..

I assume they admitted full liability??

I assume they admitted full liability??

Yes, lucky I had the dash cam!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Extremely so.... Really worth having one as you just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Truck first cuts into the offramp at the very last second, where it's already a solid white line from the N6, barely missing the hatched area. Then sits at the red light at the end of the off ramp, creeping into the junction and filing his clutch.

For a professional driver in a HGV, that's just extremely bad behaviour.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Much damage Ted?

IrishZeus wrote:
    Much damage Ted?

Not too bad man. Dent on the front wing. Needs paint on the bumper, door and wing mirror too. The joys of Monday mornings..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Here's the crash from Monday morning..

There's nothing necessarily wrong with the layout there just people who can't stick to them such as who hit you.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    There's nothing necessarily wrong with the layout there just people who can't stick to them such as who hit you.

When you say "stick to them", then you really mean: "people who ignore signs and road signage and just carry on in any way or shape or form as it suits them".

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    When you say "stick to them", then you really mean: "people who ignore signs and road signage and just carry on in any way or shape or form as it suits them".

/M

In reality, what is needed is a "get in lane" sign just before the roundabout as the road markings are often obscured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

if you didn't have one, was he willing to admit being in the wrong?

chewed wrote:
    if you didn't have one, was he willing to admit being in the wrong?

Nope, he was an old man and said, 'why did you crash into me?'

In reality, what is needed is a "get in lane" sign just before the roundabout as the road markings are often obscured

And you think, that people will take notice of said sign ? Hah !

Lane discipline is all that was needed in that case. The lines on the road are evident and can't be missed. And that throughout the roundabout. There was no mistaking this one here.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Marlow wrote:
    Lane discipline is all that was needed in that case. The lines on the road are evident and can't be missed. And that throughout the roundabout. There was no mistaking this one here.

The big problem in this country is that road markings are often faded and not maintained

chewed wrote: »
    The big problem in this country is that road markings are often faded and not maintained

Have a look at that video again and then clme with that excuse again.

Seriously.. no. The biggest problem is poor lane discipline.

And in Teds video, the markings were perfectly visible. Even a blind man could not have missed that.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

Marlow wrote: »
    Have a look at that video again and then clme with that excuse again.

Seriously.. no. The biggest problem is poor lane discipline.

And in Teds video, the markings were perfectly visible. Even a blind man could not have missed that.

/M

Are these the markings you're referring to Marlow?

6Bqi4Dy.png

Are these the markings you're referring to Marlow?

The ones in the roundabout itself. Left lane indicates clearly go out exit 1.

So if you ended up on the left and did not want to do that, the only correct action would be to not enter the roundabout, indicate right and wait for an opportunity to change lane.

The person that hit Ted pressed ahead instead and ignored the lines in the roundabout entirely. And that qualifies either ignorance, arrogance or bad lane discipline. None of which can be excused.

I agree that up to the point where you are actually at the roundabout you can easily pick the wrong spot. But the roundabout itself was clearly marked.

/M

• Advertisement

The lanes are extremely well marked on those roundabouts. 90% of people just choose to ignore them.

Advertisement