Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Marlow wrote:
    Have a look at that video again and then clme with that excuse again.

No need to attack. I wasn't specifically talking about that roundabout. It was just a general comment about many road markings around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

chewed wrote: »
    No need to attack. I wasn't specifically talking about that roundabout. It was just a general comment about many road markings around the country.

I see more cases of markings being ignored every day than of markings worn out, where it would have mattered.

And this was about that specific video, where a comment about worn out markings was competely misplaced.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Trying to figure out who's at fault there! I assume it was the scooter as the bike had a green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Barney224 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out who's at fault there! I assume it was the scooter as the bike had a green light.

Yeah the scooter definitely broke the light without a care in the world. Sucks for the biker. Hopefully neither were injured.

I love the Yaris breaking the red somewhere in the middle too.

• Advertisement

The cycle lane is a two-way one that's controlled by lights and the scooter obviously just whizzed through them without thinking. The motorbike should have spotted it though, maybe 20% at fault. You can't just assume he's going to stop and plough on regardless.

Both were fine, anyway, they got up and shook hands and were on their way. First time I've driven in/out of town for work in 18 months, as I had to collect some heavy stuff from the office and I'll never do it again. Weather was atrocious, the driving was even worse. Took me two hrs to complete a journey from Merrion Sq to Dublin 5. I'd have been quicker cycling home and back in three times. That Yaris is indicative of the selfish wankery that was on display that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are electric scooters still technically illegal for road use in Ireland or have they been recently legalised?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/e-scooters-should-be-legal-on-irish-roads-report-recommends-1.3994508

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

josip wrote: »
    Are electric scooters still technically illegal for road use in Ireland or have they been recently legalised?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/e-scooters-should-be-legal-on-irish-roads-report-recommends-1.3994508

Still illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Friday afternoon entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The lanes are extremely well marked on those roundabouts. 90% of people just choose to ignore them.

I drive them infrequently. Was doing a full u turn around one a couple months back and on the roundabout proper the markings' visibility were atrocious.

No excuse in the video though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Nothing amazing, but a (not so) fine example of a merge onto the M50 at the Lucan road junction.
    I'd say 'bloody insignia' but there was another one over my shoulder behaving perfectly well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

boardz wrote: »
    Poor design planning

The big giveaway being no line on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

and the absence of any traffic light on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

boardz wrote: »

Just poor observation IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nothing wrong with the design.
    Just a dope behind the wheel of the car that stopped.

One from Mrs. Spook yesterday

Bloody Cyclists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Spook_ie wrote: »

Bloody Cyclists!

There was only one fu(ker at the end?

Also - those vans at the start should get an honourable mention... great parking!

kenmm wrote: »

Also - those vans at the start should get an honourable mention... great parking!

Maybe but they didn't cause an emergency braking maneuver with the possibility of getting rear ended whilst preventing injury to a bloody cyclist!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Couple of examples of poor/selfish driving

• Advertisement

I though it was also about the daft dope opening the car door just before she passed and that she almost ripped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Bloody Cyclists!
    kenmm wrote: »

Maybe but they didn't cause an emergency braking maneuver with the possibility of getting rear ended whilst preventing injury to a bloody cyclist!
    I though it was also about the daft dope opening the car door just before she passed and that she almost ripped off!

You mean bloody cyclist ..... singular not plural.

But just ignore van parked on the footpath, the 4x4 reversing onto a main road, a passenger then opening a door into on coming traffic who had to cross a continuous white line to over take....

...but your focus is on the cyclist...... singular not plural

All the deflection aside, the cyclist was completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

All the deflection aside, the cyclist was completely wrong.

As were all the others pointed out in the so called deflection:confused: but lets gloss over that as sure cyclists are all assholes right :rolleyes:

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    As were all the others pointed out in the so called deflection:confused: but lets gloss over that as sure cyclists are all assholes right :rolleyes:

That one is anyway. And if the car brakes hard and gets rear ended there's another accident caused by a cyclist that doesn't go down as one because they've rode off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

another accident caused by a cyclist.

I've no idea what the figures are but motorists cause the vast majority of accidents.......but sure why not gloss over that as well.

micar wrote: »
    I've no idea what the figures are but motorists cause the vast majority of accidents.......but sure why not gloss over that as well.

I never mentioned majority, but deflect on.
    The cyclist in the video is wrong and a complete arsehole - fact. Bye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That one is anyway. And if the car brakes hard and gets rear ended there's another accident caused by a cyclist that doesn't go down as one because they've rode off into the sunset.

Hang on a sec watch that video again op goes around a car over a solid line into an oncoming turning lane and then moves over further whilst some clown opens his door into traffic. Then as it goes on an oncoming car drives over hatch marking to enter turning lane op is just leaving.

Yes the guy on the bike was a complete clown and won't be long for life cycling like that but to only see the cyclist when there were several motoring offences prior to the cyclists spectacular entrance.

Yes bloody cyclists indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

there's another accident caused by a cyclist that doesn't go down as one because they've rode off into the sunset

How often does this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drop the cyclist please

Back to videos

Advertisement