Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Our cultured friends out early this morning....on the f***ing motorway!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And the middle lane as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Poor horse, this sh!t shouldn't be happening in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A white Passat shadowing them, shocker!

bazz26 wrote: »
    A white Passat shadowing them, shocker!

It was my mrs driving, but apparently a guy was leaning out the window recording with his phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

What's happening there? any reason why he was arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

chewed wrote: »

There was an ambulance behind the fire engine dealing with a separate incident and it looks to me like this guy came across the scene and started giving the Garda some lip. Whatever it was they seemed really pissed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

chewed wrote: »

Bet yer man videoing it on his phone has put it up somewhere about how " de gards rested me mate din they, n they ruffed him up purrin on the cuffs"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

compilation from October/November

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not really worth a video, but a screengrab from a poor chap I passed on Monday morning. A good reminder to take her handy as the frosty mornings return.

495645.jpg

GBX wrote: »

Guy witht he dog ~1:40 - obv dog shouldn't be running about like that beside the road, but drier shoulda slowed down a bit (assuming he seen it).

But seems like he was deflecting responsibility, then uploads it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Close call with Micra overtaking bus on solid white line. Seemed a lot closer in real time. Almost forced the bus off the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

TigerTim wrote: »

Close call with Micra overtaking bus on solid white line. Seemed a lot closer in real time. Almost forced the bus off the road

That’s a ridiculously dangerous overtake. They need to be removed from the road. Blind hill, on a bend, no hard shoulder for escape by anyone either approaching or the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

TigerTim wrote: »

All I'm hoping is that they realized what a stupid maneuver they did and will think twice next time. There are times when you misjudge the situation, but considering the person made the decision to cross the continuous white line (can't misjudge that), I doubt they learned anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

Leaving aside crossing a continuous line it wouldn't have been a particularly dangerous move at all as it was coming out of a bend onto a straight if it were a better car that could accelerate quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

McCrack wrote: »
    Leaving aside crossing a continuous line it wouldn't have been a particularly dangerous move at all as it was coming out of a bend onto a straight if it were a better car that could accelerate quickly.
    Lucky the bus had a hard verge and that gate opening ,otherwise there would have been serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

...if it were a better car that could accelerate quickly...
    Even with the same car if they knew how gears worked!
    But I guess they drive in blissful ignorance of mechanics, physics and the RoTR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lad is this Thread the new one for this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108232754

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭granturismo

Did you not see the oncoming 3 cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lad is this Thread the new one for this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108232754

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Even with the same car if they knew how gears worked!
    But I guess they drive in blissful ignorance of mechanics, physics and the RoTR.

Agreed but I'm not sure the micra would have the power to get around the bus in good time, those 1 litres are pretty gutless even pushing it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

GBX wrote: »
    snip

The guy driving at 1:06 - he is completely in the wrong, ye? Undertaking up a bus lane before turning left? If you are going to drive like that - at least anticipate others wont expect you to be in the place you should t be?

But I can only assume that because it was uploaded to some dash cam site that he thinks he has been wronged (Not saying the mini driver is blameless, the weren't fully aware of whats behind them either..).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

kenmm wrote: »
    The guy driving at 1:06 - he is completely in the wrong, ye? Undertaking up a bus lane before turning left? If you are going to drive like that - at least anticipate others wont expect you to be in the place you should t be?

But I can only assume that because it was uploaded to some dash cam site that he thinks he has been wronged (Not saying the mini driver is blameless, the weren't fully aware of whats behind them either..).

Guy at 1:06 is completely in the right, got into the line in the correct location and wasn't undertaking anyone, he was taking a turn. Mini should have indicated on time and pulled into the correct lane in advance, it could still have been avoided if the mini driver used their mirrors.

Not my take at all - he went early for the junction, driving up a bus stop (not a lane). Hard to tell as its badly painted. But if he knows that road at all, then even more reason for him NOT to be surprised by the mini.

The mini should have used the mirrors more 100% (There may be a chance the mini would have checked nearside mirror and driver was in the blind spot, but he still should have known what was behind him way before then).

EDIT- either way - its barely something to get upset about - both could have been done better, but thats how we learn. But that not really important, being justified is more important these days I guess..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Guy at 1:06 is completely in the right, got into the line in the correct location and wasn't undertaking anyone, he was taking a turn. Mini should have indicated on time and pulled into the correct lane in advance, it could still have been avoided if the mini driver used their mirrors.
    The arrow for the left turn is after the bus stop,
    he turned into the bus stop lane too early.

Advertisement